Senna vs. Shumi

Posted by tost 
Senna vs. Shumi
Date: March 15, 2002 09:09AM
Posted by: tost
I know that shumi is one of the best drivers ever, but i dont think senna and shumi can be compared.
1. senna had prost, mensell... shumi had dh, hakkinen
(senna, prost, mensel all in top 10 of wining gp, only shumi in his years)
2. senna won 6 time in monte carlo (5 time in a row), shumi 4
3. senna did hit prost, but lets remember year before, prost won championship bicouse he was franch (than franchman was a president of FIA)
i could go on!

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Re: Senna vs. Shumi
Date: March 15, 2002 09:15AM
Posted by: Xero
What you mean by shumi had dh, hakkinen...

Excuse me, but Hakkinen was (and is!) every bit as good as Schumacher! I know loads of people (Ferrari fans) are gonna disagree with me, but Hakkinen IS one of the best drivers you'll ever see!
Date: March 15, 2002 09:33AM
Yes, i that can't be more true, and i'm sorry for missuderstanding me

Date: March 15, 2002 09:34AM
let's see spa 2000...

Date: March 15, 2002 09:46AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yes Hakkinen is hardly weak competition. You cannot directly compare them for obvious reasons, but there are certain aspects that you can relate between them, such as their driving style and tactics. And in that way they were very similar. Which is why it annoys me when people call Schumacher a cheat, when he clearly isn't. The only way we can properly compare Senna and Schumacher was at the start of 1994 - particulalry Brazil - where Senna could not keep up with Schumi - but clearly that was because in the first few races the Williams was crap. So really, there is no way to compare their talents, only their styles and tactics.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 15, 2002 09:49AM
too true
but i don't think they are simirar, i think shumi drives like prost (in same way like hakkinen does), not like senna

Date: March 15, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: Mark
i thought michael has won monaco five times,and he's not finished his carrer so thats a pointless comparison.what was this prost only won the championship cause he was french?.i though it was because one year he drove into the senna and the following senna drove into prost,well thats what happened in the races that i watched.
i think senna had more poles as he was more often in the better car than schumacher,but schumacher has a greater percentage of wins to starts than senna and has led more gps in terms of laps and miles,had more wins and points and the same number of gp starts though they are just the facts.
as for hakkinen,he only won the championship in the benchmark car,he has been at mclaren since 93 were was he all those years,ms can win races in crappy cars,can mika?
Date: March 15, 2002 11:19AM
Posted by: LS.
god what is it you MS fans???

your so desperate to convince people on the forum that he's greatest you don't even look at the different era's and technology involved, you can't compare,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 15, 2002 02:30PM
Posted by: andrew_S
I dont understand it when people say compare MS with senna? what about prost, lauda stewart, piquet, clark, fangio, or moss

also btw Hill won monaco 5 times too
Date: March 15, 2002 02:39PM
Posted by: _Alex_
True. And another remarkable fact. Had it not been for the 1998 disaster, his broken leg in 1999, and Hakkinen spoiling the party in 2000, Schumacher would have won the Belgian GP 8 times in a row. I know you'll say IF IF IF.... etc, but it's still quite amazing.

92: Win
93: 2nd
94: Win - unreasonable disqualification!
95: Win
96: Win
97: Win
98: @!#$
99: -
00: 2nd
01: Win
02: Win? I'd put money on it.

Still, it isn't quite as astonishing as Senna's Monaco record.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 15, 2002 03:31PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

but remember MS wouldnt have won 95 if DCs gearbox didnt blow up (again). DC had a huge lead whislt MS had to fight through the field.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 16, 2002 12:44AM
Posted by: Scotty
LS. wrote:
>
>
>
>"you don't even look at the different era's and
> technology involved, you can't compare",
>
>

Thank God!
Finally someone who also see's this debate as pointless.
Date: March 16, 2002 10:50PM
Posted by: andrew_S
theres so many ifs its stupid, saying if this if that if the other is like saying if the 97 arrows was good damon hill would have challanged for the championship! its a too broad If statement that has no relevece really
Date: March 17, 2002 06:11AM
Posted by: jim
on the subject of arrows, jim rosenthal got all excited about bernoldi overtakin schumacher (And then being immediately repassed), just thinkin about hungary 1997. not only did Damon Hill (Hereintoafter referred to as "God";) qualify third, but beat jacques villeneuve off the lights, overtook schumacher a few laps later and led until a washer worth 50p broke causing his hydraulics to Fcuk up! don't even try and tell me any other driver could have done what he did that day.

OK, God may not have been the quickest driver over a single lap but he was a sportsman, a champion and a gentleman. at least he had the balls to drive for arrows and jordan (Giving them their best results ever.......). would schumacher carry on in formula one if the only seat avaliable to him was a jaguar or minardi???????????

I'm not one for if's, but.........
if there was any justice in motorsport then God would have been champion in 1994 as well as 1996. and if frank williams wasn't trying for "Miserable bastard of the year award" then 1997 would have seen him crowned the world champion again. and if ron dennis offered something slightly better than a "You only get paid if our car is reliable deal" then who knows??? 4, 5, 6 times world champion??????
Date: March 17, 2002 06:14AM
Yo Sup

"would schumacher carry on in formula one if the only seat avaliable to him was a jaguar or minardi???????????"

one word ----> NO

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 18, 2002 03:54AM
i can't say more...
but
did senna did won the champinship and it was taken from him... he managet to get to the pits with broken front wing, and won the race, and won the championship... in other situation bouth cars didn't finish! that is the point!

Date: March 18, 2002 07:22AM
Posted by: Mark
i havn't a clue what what point you are trying to make
Date: March 18, 2002 07:49AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Didn't Schumi drive for Benneton back in 92 and on? Weren't they a crappy team back then? This kinda makes it like he would be driving a Minardi now no?

Schumi and Senna are BOTH great drivers. They are the top 2 drivers ever in the curretn and past 30 yrs of F1.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: March 18, 2002 08:15AM
Yo Sup

"Didn't Schumi drive for Benneton back in 92 and on? Weren't they a crappy team back then? This kinda makes it like he would be driving a Minardi now no?"

em, no. Minardi are stuck at the back on the grid and the Benetton never was!!

He was new to F1, NOBODY (not even MS) expects to start at the top. What we mean is would he ever drive for a slower team now? Hill did, and im sure others have.

Schumo would never do that.

Date: March 18, 2002 09:04AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Why would schumi want to? Maybe Hill had no choice? I dont' know my F1 history before 2000 sinc I never really paid that much attention to it.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy