Braking light?

Posted by Hendrik De Graeve 
Braking light?
Date: March 14, 2002 12:33PM
Posted by: Hendrik De Graeve
Hi,

Did someone noticed that M.S was the only one with a braking light.
If someone does not belive me, just check the race U can see it after the long straight that goes to the left. (Not on the Finish line)

Why didn't Barri had one? Maybe then it would been no collision in the first corner.

Think about it

Hendrik
Re: Braking light?
Date: March 14, 2002 01:16PM
Posted by: _Alex_
You're right Hendrick - only Schumacher was running with a brake light in the race - however both Ferraris used brake lights in qualifying, and it was assumed they were just testing them for whatever reason. Why Barrichello did not use one in the race I don't know - and maybe it would have prevented and accident, but who knows?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 14, 2002 02:00PM
Posted by: matthewp
how do you know RB didn't use it in the race? he didn't last long
Date: March 14, 2002 02:05PM
Posted by: Hendrik De Graeve
Well I saw it from the onboard camera of Ralf his car that when Rubens braked no lights whent on.

P.s. A small correction for Alex it's Hendrik but I don't mind.
Date: March 14, 2002 03:23PM
Posted by: chris
I'm a fan of brake lights really. Half the skill of overtaking is outbraking your oponent, and if the guy behind can see your exact braking point then he can easily work out where he should brake, so this should lead to more overtaking, which has to be good.
MS is probably saying "everyone follow my example" and for once I'm in favour of them doing this, and as Hendrik says, it could stop accidents happening.
Chris J
Date: March 14, 2002 07:09PM
Posted by: Zcott
I don't really see how braking lights would help accidents. These cars run so close together and at such high speeds that the braking light would be on just before the car is hit from behind, leaving the driver behind with no time to react. I don't see much point in them.
Date: March 15, 2002 11:31AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I totally agree Zcott - if anything, they just tell other teams where your cars are breaking and arouse suspicion.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 19, 2002 07:43AM
Posted by: Vader
They could install a new safety-brake system that lets all cars brake automatically once a Ferrari brakes. We could thus avoid rear-end collisions and twats like JPM could never ever overtake our God MS again

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 20, 2002 03:44PM
Posted by: bazza
LOL

Bazza

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy