Tip for dial up users, still in testing

Posted by Ellis 
Tip for dial up users, still in testing
Date: March 07, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I have recently been told that if you set up outlook express to check your email account every 3 mintues and then leave outlook open whislt you are surfing you wont get cut off. I find this hard to belive but i have been online for 6 hours now without being cut off now with outlook running in the background.

I think this really works. Its usefull for when you are transfering large files over MSN, like i am now. The NVidia site is down so im getting the drivers over MSN.

Btw, i have had the computer online for 6 hours, i havent been, i have a life :p

Try it, see if it works for you. This could also stop you being cut off in internet games :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Tip for dial up users, still in testing
Date: March 07, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: _Alex_
It wont stop me being cut off, ntl automatically cuts me off after 2 hours, it's just their policy. Thats what you have to pay for totally free internt. Having said that, they're now starting to charge even for dial-up, so it looks like it's broadband time!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 07, 2002 01:01PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Freeserve doesnt cut me off every two hours, just randomyl. The msot i have went without being vut off is 3 hours, my record cut offs are 3 in under 2 minutes

Freeserve cut off andomly cos i have a off-peak and peak number abd before peak times begin you can dial-up off peak and use that till you get cut off :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 07, 2002 03:40PM
Posted by: LS.
wow ellis, your knowledge of PC's is amazing ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 08, 2002 12:17AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
L.S this is really strange, whenever i view one of your posts, i get a message from windows popping up which i cant seem to close ?

it looks like this:

is this a virus, because im scared i cant play another game

p.s. ;-)

Date: March 08, 2002 10:05AM
Posted by: _Alex_
LOL Chris - I get it too, but my PC freezes up and I can't click OK!

:p

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 08, 2002 10:28AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah, you are getting it to. Hmmm i really cant figure out what it is, ive spent hundreds of pounds trying to fix my pc but i still cant get rid of it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy