WEBBER 5th!!!!!!!!!!! Schummi 1st!!!

Posted by SkAiFeY 
WEBBER 5th!!!!!!!!!!! Schummi 1st!!!
Date: March 03, 2002 01:27AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
:D the best result possible!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :)

well done Webber u rock!!! he suffered a dif problem since about lap 5, and his traction control was screwed, he did very well to get 5th!

AUSSIE!

AUSSIE!!

AUSSIE!!!

OI!
OI!!!
OI!!!!!!!!

:D

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Re: WEBBER 5th!!!!!!!!!!! Schummi 1st!!!
Date: March 03, 2002 04:07AM
Posted by: _Alex_
What a FAAAAAAAANTASTIC race that was! I hope we see more battles like that between Schumi and Montoya, that was super.

And Webber - well what can I say? The guy was brilliant. He withstood Salo's pressure remarkably well too - although I do feel sorry for Salo on that last lap :( But go Webber! :)

Back to the first corner accident - I would preferably call it a racing accident, because both Rubens and Ralf played their part in making it happen, but if I had to pin the blame, it would be on Ralf - was he intending to brake at all? And the safety car was a bad decision, they should have red flagged it. Partly because the first corner crash pretty much wiped two of my Fantasy Formula One teams out!!!!! :)

And *sigh*... TRULLI!!! I think it's pretty clear that was a traction control failure, that is not the sort ofplace you spin a car. At least we now know Renault are capable of being right up there!

And what a great move Schumi did on Montoya. And also, what a great move Montoya did on Schumi earlier. What a fantastic race. I hope we have more like that (without the first corner mayhem). Great stuff.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2002 04:38AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I completely agree with you alex,

I wish more races were like that, it was really enjoyable (apart from the fact that so many cars crashed out at the start) - Crashes like that are exciting, but when the wipe out the whole field, some parts of the race can get a bit boring.

Schumi's battle with Montoya was brilliant, shame it couldnt last longer.

I agree with you on every point apart from I think trulli had a puncture, if you look at the wheels after the accident one of the back ones was completely flat. But you're probably right about the traction control failure ;)

As for Webber, he was excellent. It was great to see the aussies partying madly as usual ;D And he had a brilliant race. Stoddart and Webber are really nice blokes

Date: March 03, 2002 05:04AM
Posted by: LS.
hopefully if michelin get their finger out we will see more of this, we had the same @#$%& thing last year were the tyres go off and come back, but by then its too late.

what a race though, thorough excitement from start to finish, and you MS fans must admit how lucky he was today.

lucky that he made a bad start and kept out of that first corner mellee, then when he battling with trulli, trulli spun out in front of him, coulthard had pulled out a lead, which got wiped out when the safety car came out.

geez how lucky can a guy be

i realise that MS would have won anyway with the tyre advantage and setup knowledge from last year.

but you gotta admit that he had the luck today,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 03, 2002 05:07AM
and during that battle with MS and Montoya all i could do was wish that i had sky digital instead of NTL digital and watched the battle from MS's t-cam.

i bet it was awesome

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 03, 2002 05:21AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

McLaren.......*sigh*............

what have they done? That car is well,.....crap!

Irvine, "the car is well, bad" LOL

I was watching the race with my mates and i was on DC side and most of them were on MS, and we all cheered on Webber.

There was a huge cheer when DC went off, then a cheer from me when JPM passed MS, cheer from them when Jarno went off, then a massive cheer when Salo spun

Arrows arsed up, 2 DQs

HHF went through the red light at the end of the pit ane and Bernoldi jumped into the spare

That race should have been stopped!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 03, 2002 05:41AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
is there a website that posts these battles.. at least soem of the schummi vs montoya battle.. that was real exciting.. i can't remember blinking once! ;)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 03, 2002 05:49AM
Yo Sup

[www.f1videoclips.com] will have it soon

i have watched the accident alot, Ralf didnt cause it all. Ralf hit RB, but then Heidfeld hit Fisi, who hit Massa then etc

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 03, 2002 06:06AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
oh and Kimi did well :D

Date: March 03, 2002 06:14AM
Yo Sup

Kimi expected better and if McLaren get the car to work better and Michelin make the tyres better he'll be right up there.

Date: March 03, 2002 06:23AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
this is what irvine said after the race "i think we will have the potential to qualify about the same positions as we did here"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what the F******************************************************************************* was HEIDFELD DOING!!!!!!!!! the F**king *beep* *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

fisichella could have easily gotten 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well F it anyway

Date: March 03, 2002 06:23AM
Yo Sup

Like LS said, MS was lucky not have an accident at turn one, lucky the michelins were crap, lucky trulli spun (well his car spun really), lucky DC had mechanical problems. It seems he gets a whole season of luck in one race

Dont say that it was good driving to avoid the crash, cos no matter how hard you try you cant say "ok, im not going to crash this time"

Date: March 03, 2002 10:15AM
geez how lucky can a guy be

A lot more lucky, I can tell you. I think that statment is a little OTT. Going by what you said, Montoya and Coulthard were all very lucky too. Yet Schumacher was the fastest of the remaining cars. The Bridgestone's advantage was not enough for the driver not to make a difference. Remember that the Michelins were a lot faster at the start of the race, and Schumi was held up by Trulli, which was why Coulthard began to pull away and Montoya easily had the speed to pass Schumi. I'd hardly say the Michelins were crap (although when you're scrabbling around to try and find any excuse as to why Schumi's win was all down to luck, it's easy to say).

It seems he gets a whole season of luck in one race

There are always elements of luck in a Grand Prix win! But the fact is that Schumacher was fast all the way to the finish. Nobody else was capable of maintaining that sort of pace from lights to flag. And remember, it was Coulthard who threw his McLaren off the road under the safety car! What a fool! Thats the third time he's done that now, and I'm probably right in thinking he is the only F1 driver ever to have done it under such circumstances. And I suppose if Coulthard had won, despite the fact that Schumi was stuck beind Trulli, it wouldn't have been luck at all. Same goes for Montoya. Oh yes, pure skill it would have been, in beating Schumacher.

Dont say that it was good driving to avoid the crash

I've just spotted this statement. Actually, if you watch it again, notice how it actually was skilful driving on Schumi's part to avoid the accident. He's always very intelligent in those situations - he placed his car so as to attempt to avoid the accident, and it worked. He even said in the press conference at the end that he saw cars flying around and purposefully took a trip over the grass to stay out of trouble. No luck. I'm sure plenty of other drivers did the same thing.

Face it guys, Michael Schumacher was the driver of the day by far - he was faster than anyone, and probably will be at the next GP. It's not luck that he was over 20 seconds ahead of Montoya at the end.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2002 11:02AM
Yo Sup

"Yet Schumacher was the fastest of the remaining cars"

Tell me, how long has Ferrari been running that car? 12, 13, 14 months now? Dont you think they already had the optimum setup? Dont you think they know that car inside-out back-to-front? If not theres something wrong.

In a car which has had 14 months of development it better be good! Otherisw the team suck! McLaren turn up with a brand new car, never ran in race before, they suffer a gearbox prob, something which they hadent had in tesrting. They are still learning that car.

One could say that Ferrari are a bad team since they are the only team on the grid who were unable to produce a 2002 chassi for 2002, even prost have several brand new ready to run cars! Just they cant afford to get them outside nevermind to Australia!

MS had a HUGE advatage over everybody since this car is so develeoped! Everyone elese was in brand new cars

"Nobody else was capable of maintaining that sort of pace from lights to flag"

No, nobody elses CAR was that good, nothing to do with driver.

"And remember, it was Coulthard who threw his McLaren off the road under the safety car! What a fool!"

Shame, this is exaclty what James allen said, and DC and McLaren both said that the car selected the wrong gear and the gearbox locked and sent the car stirght on, and when the gear came back he was to far off to do anything bout it. So if you are going by what that @#$%& prick james alen said, check my other post. I prefer to go with McLaren since they have the telemetry and DC cos he was driving it.

I think if DC or JPM had one it would have been a huge ammount of skill involved considering how fast the Ferrari is compared to the other cars. You could stick Bernoldi in that car and he be competitive!

If you watch the video he didnt place his car out of harms way, he had no choice, it was either go stight or drive into other car, but hey, MS wouldnt want to drive into other cars no would he, oh no. He went through the gravel on purpose, but your gona do a james allen here if you dont tell it all. So did lots of drivers go throught the gravel, kimi too, James also didnt give kimi recognision for that, that was left up to Martin, James was to busy kissing MS ass.

"Face it guys, Michael Schumacher was the driver of the day by far"

no, Webber was for keeping the minardi going in his first gp whislt suffering from a problem with the dif and dodgy traction control, then withstood pressure from Salo. That was good, MS just drove round in the fastest car, nothing special bout that.

"It's not luck that he was over 20 seconds ahead of Montoya at the end."

your right, not luck, GOOD CAR

Date: March 03, 2002 12:33PM
i'm afraid alex that your wrong.

MS was lucky today and to say that the michelins were'nt crap is just a load of rubbish

Remember that the Michelins were a lot faster at the start of the race, and Schumi was held up by Trulli, which was why Coulthard began to pull away and Montoya easily had the speed to pass Schumi

they were'nt faster at all, the michelins take a while to get upto race speed for one.
MS was held up by trulli because the ferrari was running more wing and he could'nt keep up with renault in straight line. that was why the willaims of montoya was able to catch them both, and DC to pull out a lead.

you could quite clearly see that MS's car was strong underbraking and through the corners, thats why he never overtook anyone on a long fast straight.

but you choose to ignore that major point and instead bang on about how fast he is.

when in actual fact it was the car and more importantly all the data that ferarri had from last year and the tyres factor. again you never point to these facts. just that its because of MS

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 03, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: Morbid
IIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN-COOOMMMM-IIIINNGGGG!!!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 03, 2002 01:03PM
heres what montoya had to say about it

""I got past Michael at the restart and I thought I I could get away. But as soon as his tyres got up to temperature he was just way too fast."

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 03, 2002 01:44PM
LS, it's interesting how you're always accusing Schumi fans of blaming the car when things don't go well, and saying that it's his talent when it does go well. Of course, without realising it no doubt, you're being a bit of a hypocrite.

Whenever Schumacher does do well, in your books, it's all down to the car. When it doesn't go well, though, of course, it's totally Schumi's fault.

Tell me, how long has Ferrari been running that car? 12, 13, 14 months now? Dont you think they already had the optimum setup? Dont you think they know that car inside-out back-to-front? In a car which has had 14 months of development it better be good!

You slightly miss the point of that long gap between Suzuka and Melbourne. It clearly hasn't come to your attention that each year Formula One cars get faster. That's 12, 13, 14 months that the other teams have had to design and develop a car to beat the Ferrari. To be faster than it. Sure, reliability is given in the F2001, and that's a great aspect of the car to carry over - but speed is not. Ferrari did not come to Melbourne expecting to be as fast as they were. Every other team, as I've said, has had plenty long enough to develop a car to be faster than the Ferrari.

MS had a HUGE advatage over everybody since this car is so develeoped!

For heavens sake, it's an old car. Ferrari have been concentrating on the F2002, not the F2001 - that was a fall-back plan incase the F2002 was not ready. So to say he has a huge advantage is ridiculous.

No, nobody elses CAR was that good, nothing to do with driver

I particularly like the "nothing to do with the driver" bit. Very good.

Shame, this is exaclty what James allen said, and DC and McLaren both said that the car selected the wrong gear and the gearbox locked and sent the car stirght on

Actually, it was Martin Brundle who came to the conclusion that DC had just overcooked it trying to build up an advantage. And being DC's manager, he's not likely to say unnecessary remarks about him.

If the gearbox locks up on a Formula One car, the rear wheels lock up - that did not happen. What actually happened was that the car selected neutral, which deprived the car of engine braking. That's why we saw him locking the wheels. So if you're going to go by what nobody but yourself says, it would be better to get the facts right.

So did lots of drivers go throught the gravel, kimi too

Yes, after the rest of the field were half way around the track. But I'm not going to argue that, because I think Raikkonen did a great job and I'm pleased for him.

Webber was for keeping the minardi going in his first gp

Yes alright, Webber was pretty special. But still, if you're so concerned about what Brundle says about Raikkonen, then why don't you listen to him talk about Schumacher. Brundle is an expert - his driver of the day was Schumi. Why can't you just acknowledge that the guy drove a super race, in a car that by all rights should be slower than the other top runners, and was the fastest man of the day. No way did the car supply the advantage that he built up.

And as you seem to think that success is all down to the car, then why on earth didn't Coulthard win the championship in 1998 and 1999? After all, it was probably his turn then aswell.

but you choose to ignore that major point and instead bang on about how fast he is

I'm not ignoring any points, my friend. The Michelins are fast at the beginning of a race, it's a known fact. Then they have a lull in performance, which is where we saw Schumi take advantage, then they're back on the pace well before the end. That's also why we saw Schumi just about keeping up with Montoya after he'd passed him, because the Michelins were on their hot spot. The Michelins were not crap by any stretch of the imagination. If the Bridgestones had the advantage you seem to think they do, and if Ferrari had the advantage that you seem to they do, then Schumacher would have been a lot more than 20 seconds in the lead, that's for sure.

I just don't get how after 4 world championships and 54 wins, you still don't want to accept that Schumacher is the fastest F1 driver in the world. The sad thing is is that had Montoya have pipped Schumi to the post, then he would have been hailed king of Formula One by you guys, and it would have been Schumi's lack of talent that cost him the win......etc. It's major points like that that you always seem to handily ignore. Just because it's Michael Schumacher.

Oh by the way, the only reason why Schumacher didn't win the championship in 1998 is because the McLaren had such a HUGE advantage over Ferrari, and the Goodyear tyres were crap, and Hakkinen had all the luck, and....erm, let me think, oh know I'm running out of excuses... oh my god, I might even have to admit that Hakkinen was the better driver that year... Well, it must have taken some pretty awesome talent for Schumi to come so close to winning the title in that crappy 1998 Ferrari... I mean, McLarens advantage in 1998 was just *slightly* more than Ferraris was in 2001. Interesting.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2002 01:49PM
IIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN-COOOMMMM-IIIINNGGGG!!!

I hope you landed on something soft - that sounded quite dramatic Morbid!!!! :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: March 03, 2002 02:02PM
Posted by: Castroneves
"Its a great place for the race".
And they are damm right, if it wasn't for Schumi 2 then the race probably would have been better.
Montoya had a good race and his battle with Schumi was really good, it kept me awake.
Webber...wow he really got the job done and I expect we all will see bigger things from him in the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy