2012 Singapore Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Carlitox 
2012 Singapore Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 22, 2012 05:52PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Well, my first attempt, since nobody is in the mood... ;-)

2012 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

The track

Onboard Lap with Fernando Alonso

Previous Winners

2008 - F. Alonso (Renault)

2009 - L. Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes)

2010 - F. Alonso (Ferrari)

2011 - S.Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

2012 Starting positions

1) L. Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes)

2) P. Maldonado (Williams Renault)

3) S. Vettel (Red Bull Renault)

4) J. Button (McLaren Mercedes)

5) F. Alonso (Ferrari)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Re: 2012 Singapore Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 22, 2012 07:14PM
Posted by: EC83
Great form all through quali from Lewis, and another epic lap from Maldonado. Lewis must've cringed when he found out who'll be starting beside him. Possible fireworks about to kick off!

Date: September 22, 2012 08:13PM
Posted by: J i m
Epic laps by both the front row... Lewis will be ok though as Maldonaldo will jump the start and be 300m ahead into turn one... It's Grosjean he needs to watch!

Date: September 22, 2012 10:43PM
Posted by: danm
I fancy Maldonado for the win - that would be incredible.

How many times are people going to still call him 'just a pay driver'?

I think he is an absolute classic anti-hero for Formula One, and for that reason, I am rooting for him tomorrow!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 22, 2012 10:45PM
I'm rooting for him... But then I have to as a Williams fan.

Date: September 23, 2012 12:41AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Hmm I get the feeling 2011-spec Vettel would certainly have been much closer to pole today. Still, it would be good for the championship if he can get on the podium. It will certainly be interesting to see what some people in the midfield do with strategies, quite a train could develop depending who the first car in the queue is to start with primes.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 23, 2012 06:18AM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm rooting for him... But then I have to as a
> Williams fan.

He's got a great chance of winning on sheer talent if he strings together a bunch more laps like the one he's just done... he's also got a great chance of f*cking the whole race up if his mental side comes into play.
Which makes him the kind of driver I love. :D

Date: September 23, 2012 07:35AM
Posted by: hemanthjava
Here's 2012 Formula 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX Live Stream and Results. On this page you can find the live live streaming action for the upcoming Formula 1 Grand Prix Singapore which will be held from September 21- 23, 2012.

[www.sportsbun.com]
Date: September 23, 2012 10:02AM
I think the fact that Hamilton's slower lap was still good enough for pole despite hitting the wall says it all, he's hooked up and looking good all he needs to is hold on to his maturity until after the race.

Behind him it could be quite nip n tuck between Button, Vettel and Alonso (in no particular order) and I suspect strategy (and the odd safety car) will have a lot to play for. Vettel has looked comfortable throughout practice so assuming his alternator holds out he'll be able to set about chasing Hamilton.

The lower end of the points scale ought to be Force India versus Mercedes and again strategy is going to be important, Lotus should join that fray if Grosjean can refrain from being an idiot and Kimi could end up in front of them all by stealth.

Senna... Panicky overdrive mode, decent car utterly wasted. Brilliant Q3 performance by Maldonaldo and a clean weekend so far so please please PLEASE behave yourself and bring that car home on the podium... I suspect he won't though.

Date: September 23, 2012 11:13AM
Posted by: gav
When Maldonado is up at the front he's pretty peerless. That said, Hamilton looks to be in a race of one, so I guess Maldonado could drive like the man possessed that he is, and still wouldn't have a hope of the win. Safety cars at dodgy times aside, there's only one winner here.
Date: September 23, 2012 01:46PM
I'm not sure. If Maldonado gets the drop on Lewis at the start I think he's got a very real chance of winning it.

Date: September 23, 2012 03:18PM
Hope there's some craziness when the SC goes in, the race has been kinda boring so far :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 03:18PM by EC83.
Date: September 23, 2012 03:27PM
And now there's been some! :P

Date: September 23, 2012 03:58PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Poor Pastor...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 23, 2012 06:51PM
Posted by: Isaint
Schumacher reported as saying that his car would not decelerate.

“I mean, first of all, after the Safety Car I braked a little earlier than I normally do at that corner,” Schumacher explained to reporters.

“But the car wouldn’t decelerate so I got on the brakes very hard and locked up everything, but the accident wasn’t avoidable anymore. Obviously I feel sorry that Jean-Éric had to retire for that reason but we need to investigate what happened.”

Stewards obviously don't believe him as he has been handed a 10 place grid drop ...............?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 06:53PM by Isaint.
Date: September 23, 2012 07:38PM
Think the grid drop is a kneejerk reaction from the Stewards. But it was a very strange accident, with the strangeness compounded by the reaction on the team radio. I can't believe something didn't go wrong with the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 07:38PM by EC83.
Date: September 23, 2012 07:55PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i cant believe that penalty was given
Date: September 23, 2012 08:03PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well I agree, these penalties by stewards are as inconsistent as second place on the F1 leader board ........ I also do not believe that Schumie did not see that one coming and if I did, I would definitely be calling for his retirement. As EC83 stated, a very strange incident ................. hopefully further investigation by the team will bring more clarity.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: September 23, 2012 08:18PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Kudos to Marussia, they've leapfrogged Caterham for that all important 10th spot. Who'd have thought that would have happened at the start of the season?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 23, 2012 08:37PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I can't believe Massa had the cheek to be indignant about Senna. What Massa did wasn't illegal, but I really felt that he played too fast and loose with the boundaries of the track. Imo his move shouldn't be getting the celebration it does.

Obviously as a Hamilton fan this weekend was hugely disappointing. I can't believe what awful luck he's had this year. He's not put a tyre wrong on track all season; he's been the equal of Alonso, who's had a spectacular rub of the green. Jenson's performance today shows that Mclaren are deluding themselves if they think that they can get along with him as team leader. As in Germany, he was sat in prime position with a fast car and made no impact whatsoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 08:39PM by jbnd05.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy