April 4, 2004
Winner:
Michael Schumacher (GER)

Last race:
March 14, 2010
Winner:
Fernando Alonso (ESP)

Onboard lap with Felipe Massa 2008:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 01:58PM by madotter.
Re: 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 17, 2012 03:43PM
Posted by: chet
yay or nay?

if it's cancelled again you have to ask why on earth it was allowed to get this far WITHOUT cancellation.

If it goes ahead, well... make up your own mind about that. I personally do not believe it should go ahead, and although I would not like to associate F1 and politics, it is something that in such a small country, and with such close ties to people within the FIA, and some teams, you can not ignore.

Mclaren for one are pretty friendly with the ruling powers of Bahrain. For them to say they do not want to go is impossible, they have no choice but to go with what the FIA say, despite that I have no doubts a certain Ron Dennis, with an eye on his pockets is only wishing this race did go ahead. This is just one obvious link with F1 and the country. I doubt we'd need to go dig hard to find how many links there are with Todt and the FIA.

I wont be one to say I will not support F1 again if it goes ahead because in every possible way the ruling powers of F1 are as corrupt as possibly can be. Bernie is rich through hard work sure, but it takes alot more to get that powerful ;-). The same goes for any such position within FOM and FIA IMO.

Anyway, let's only concentrate the two hours this is all about.

Well, its looking impossible to predict! Thats only safe prediction!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 17, 2012 05:30PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Bahrain can miracously become the most peaceful country in the world, and yet I would still hate this track to death. Added to the fact that Bahrain has actually become a battlefield more than a country, I can't hate this round even more.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: April 17, 2012 06:25PM
Posted by: EC83
Kyalami 1985 anyone?

I can't believe it won't go ahead now. The final decision was made on Friday. It'll be participated(and watched) with heavy hearts though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 06:28PM by EC83.
Date: April 19, 2012 01:41PM
Posted by: flat tyre
A Force India team member has left Bahrain after four of the team mechanics had a petrol bomb explode near their car on the way back to the hotel.

...and the organisers STILL say it's safe - they called it an isolated incident. Personally, I think this GP should never have gone ahead in the first place. I don't want to tempt fate, but I've got this horrible feeling that something will happen this weekend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't want to tempt fate, but I've
> got this horrible feeling that something will
> happen this weekend...

I have that bad feeling aswell. I personally wouldn't go.
Someone pulling a stunt during the race is a perfect opportunity to get their message across as it will be seen live around the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 01:49PM by mclarenaustralia.
Date: April 19, 2012 01:53PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Up to this point it could have been argued there would be no problems with the race at all, nothing would happen anywhere near the track etc, and whilst it was a weak arguement, it was still valid.

This incident however removes that completely, this race has pretty much no grounds to go ahead, and like the guys above, i'm going to spending the whole weekend waiting for something bad to happen (although hopefully it doesn't). If i was force india, i would want to staff out of that country immediately, for that to happen means that the race going ahead is ridiculous.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 01:53PM by truecrysis.
Date: April 19, 2012 02:11PM
Posted by: Frantic
it is like they (FIA, Ecclestone and Sakhir promoters) are forcing everyone to be there, as teams must race all races of the season... i also have that bad feeling that something is gonna happen. i dont want to say this because its under another circunmstances but after this incident is almost the same feeling as Imola 94 :(

just want this weekend to end, really

Date: April 19, 2012 04:45PM
Posted by: chet
Im not for the race at all but let's not forget Jenson's car was held at gunpoint in Brazil, right? Im just trying to keep this a level playing field and not immediately react to instances.

For the 2nd race running I will miss the entire build up including qualifying. However if there is still a race on, I will be able to watch live. Given how Button's seasons going and me being a superstitious kind of person, maybe me missing weekends is a good thing :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 19, 2012 07:20PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Remember what happened when Brundle wasn't doing Commentary for Hungary 2006? ;)
Date: April 19, 2012 07:28PM
Posted by: marcl
I still don't think the race will happen tbh.
Date: April 19, 2012 07:47PM
Posted by: gav
alexf1man
Remember what happened when Brundle wasn't doing Commentary for Hungary 2006? ;)

We were subjected to the audio of male ejaculation in the commentary box.
You mean this?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 19, 2012 10:52PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, the time the whole inside of the comm box got splattered.

I'm still expecting this race to go ahead at the moment, I think it would take something pretty bad to happen(unfortunately) before they cancelled it after committing to it like they have. The only other race which has been under the possibility of being cancelled during the race weekend since I've been watching F1 was USA 2005, although obviously the reasons for possible cancellation then and now are chalk and cheese.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 10:54PM by EC83.
Date: April 19, 2012 10:52PM
Posted by: Carlitox
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> flat tyre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't want to tempt fate, but I've
> > got this horrible feeling that something will
> > happen this weekend...
>
> I have that bad feeling aswell. I personally
> wouldn't go.
> Someone pulling a stunt during the race is a
> perfect opportunity to get their message across as
> it will be seen live around the world.

I have that feeling too, and I remember having it the first time F1 went to Shanghai, which is not Nirvana. Thankfully nothing happened there ever since, but Bahrain is different. They're in a crisis right now. And yes, the race is a perfect way to express yourself with millions of people watching.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: April 20, 2012 08:20AM
Posted by: gav
Incident 2k9
You mean this?

That and Anthony Davidson basically claiming he'd designed and engineered the car to what it was.
Date: April 20, 2012 08:30AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Of all the bands they could've had at the Bahrain GP concert, they've got LMFAO. Their name at this event would almost be quite funny if it wasn't for the serious security concerns.

X (@ed24f1)
wooow ! they reverted to the old layout, pre 2010. now this is good. i like it ! we got rid of the bloody sequence of micky mouse corners and now have a lap of appr. 1:33's instead of the 1:45's as in 2010.
2012 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 20, 2012 10:27AM
Posted by: alexf1man
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Of all the bands they could've had at the Bahrain GP concert, they've got LMFAO. Their name at this event would almost be quite funny if it wasn't for the serious security concerns.

It's not just the name, it's the music!
Date: April 20, 2012 11:47AM
Posted by: J i m
Anyone know where the DRS zone is? I'm guessing either home straight or the last one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy