Kubica - Ferrari Bound for 2013?

Posted by danm 
Kubica - Ferrari Bound for 2013?
Date: December 12, 2011 02:21PM
Posted by: danm
[www.f1sa.com]

Seems like it was a long term plan before his accident, to head to to the Scuderia. This just makes it a little long winded.

This would make a formidable pairing provided Kubica returns to form.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 03:13PM by danm.
Re: Kubica - Ferrari Bound for 2013?
Date: December 12, 2011 04:20PM
Posted by: kubica2
i hope its true. in polish media they say his recovery is nearly complete, expected january/february. 10 days ago he had a stabiliser removed from his forearm and everything works just weak from immobility. also its been reported on polish sites that ted kravitz has the exclusive first interview for the world for bbc before the season begins, apparently to coincide with his rehabilitation completion, kubica has said before he doesnt want to face the media until has has completely recovered.
he looks fairly healthy in this recent photo:
[1.bp.blogspot.com]
Date: December 12, 2011 04:41PM
Posted by: Slash
nice picture, nice to see him healthy and smiling
Date: December 12, 2011 07:54PM
Posted by: gav
Good to see him out and about enjoying himself. We've seen very little of him in public (completely understandably, but eventually it did trigger a little alarm in the back of my head asking where his confidence was - I just expected to see more paparazzi shots of him doing normal, everyday stuff).

kubica2
also its been reported on polish sites that ted kravitz has the exclusive first interview for the world for bbc before the season begins

Depending on when that interview is due to air, I'd question the authenticity of that one, seeing as Ted Kravitz works for Sky now (though I've no idea if his contract has started or is due to start in the new year or something).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 08:01PM by gav.
Date: December 24, 2011 06:26PM
some latest news from polish onet news website:

22nd December
[sport.onet.pl]
Riccardo Ceccarelli, doctor in charge of Kubicas rehabilitation confirms he has broken ties with Kubica (from omnicorse.it source).
He again gives the opinion that he thinks Kubica will be back in 2012. The Polish website then speculates that Ferrari will take over his rehabilitation, as they say in Italian media a few days ago it was reported that Ferrari would create a special team to oversee his health. Ceccarelli adds that he doesnt know who will take over Kubicas rehabilitation.

23rd December
[sport.onet.pl]
Reports that German 'Bild' newspaper thinks Adrian Sutil has a chance to replace Massa in 2013 as well, as the last time Ferrari had a German driver they won 5 titles in a row.

23rd Devember
[sport.onet.pl]
Reports that "Auto Motor und Sport" say young German drivers (Rosberg and Hulkenberg) as well as Adrian Sutil are options for 2013 for Ferrari. and they quote ferrari president Montezemolo who says that Kubica is an option depending on his recovery and says that he would be the best option for Fernando Alonso, because of their friendship. He also says he expects a strong reaction from Felipe Massa for the comments.
Date: December 25, 2011 09:52AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
kubica2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reports that German 'Bild' newspaper thinks Adrian
> Sutil has a chance to replace Massa in 2013 as
> well, as the last time Ferrari had a German driver
> they won 5 titles in a row.

Well that's flawless logic!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 26, 2011 01:03AM
Posted by: danm
Sutil infil midway through 2012 - Kubica the intention for 2013 - if unfit, Sutil for 2013.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 26, 2011 03:05AM
Posted by: Slash
if Felipe doesn't up his game, 2013 Bortolotti will debut in F1, he'll grow alongside Fernando to take over after his retirement
Date: December 26, 2011 04:43AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Slash Wrote:
> if Felipe doesn't up his game, 2013 Bortolotti
> will debut in F1, he'll grow alongside Fernando to
> take over after his retirement

I can't see Bortolotti jumping ahead of Perez and Bianchi though.

Ferrari are already making noises about Vettel, so I guess they have to decide whether to go for a stop gap solution like Massa/Webber/Sutil etc. and hope to get Vettel in a year or two, or go for a young driver. There's not much point bringing in someone like Perez and then replacing him after a year or two. It puts them in a difficult position like they had in 2006 with Massa, Schumacher and Raikkonen.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 26, 2011 06:30AM
Posted by: EC83
Alonso-Vettel would be a pretty insane line-up for Ferrari if they could manage it.
But in the nearer future, Sutil might as well go there ASAP if Ferrari want him. Even if it was as a "super sub" like Fisichella, at least he'd be driving for Ferrari, which would be a massive boost for his career after the direction it's gone in recently.
I get the impression they're getting exasperated with Massa, and if they know they've got a driver like Sutil waiting in the wings it could result in Massa getting booted before the end of 2012 if he doesn't perform. Sutil in his current form wouldn't do any worse for Ferrari than Massa has generally done in 2011, so he'd definitely be a good choice as a potential sub.
Everything seems to make sense for Ferrari to scoop Sutil up for a season or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2011 06:33AM by EC83.
Date: December 29, 2011 04:49PM
I am waiting for the new year to hear about kubicas movements for next year. We still dont know what happened with Renault and how their relationship went to zero, if his contract expires at the end of this month we may hear more news soon, as any new contract with another team probably cant be discussed. It seems he has broke contact with Renault, and broken contact with his doctor overseeing his rehabilitation, because he has let someone else look after his rehabilitation now, we may find out who in the new year. id like to think its a ferrari contract, which includes rehabilitation overseen by their doctors and an option for a 2013 race seat, as suggest by some, but who knows, its could be a completely different story. interesting that the doctor he broke up with still says kubica will return in 2012 so thats a positive, he could have said something different if he broke up on bad terms, but maybe he got paid out.
Date: December 29, 2011 05:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
He hasn't broken contract with Renault.... they have put Grosjean in the car for now but if he's well enough mid-season then he will get his seat back.

At least, that's how I understand the situation.

He is still under contract with Renault.
Date: December 29, 2011 06:21PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
kubica2 Wrote:
> I am waiting for the new year to hear about
> kubicas movements for next year. We still dont
> know what happened with Renault and how their
> relationship went to zero, if his contract expires
> at the end of this month we may hear more news
> soon, as any new contract with another team
> probably cant be discussed. It seems he has broke
> contact with Renault, and broken contact with his
> doctor overseeing his rehabilitation, because he
> has let someone else look after his rehabilitation
> now, we may find out who in the new year. id like
> to think its a ferrari contract, which includes
> rehabilitation overseen by their doctors and an
> option for a 2013 race seat, as suggest by some,
> but who knows, its could be a completely different
> story. interesting that the doctor he broke up
> with still says kubica will return in 2012 so
> thats a positive, he could have said something
> different if he broke up on bad terms, but maybe
> he got paid out.

I don't suppose your first name is Robert, is it?! ;)

Date: January 06, 2012 02:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Found the source about that btw: [www.autosport.com]
Date: January 08, 2012 10:49PM
If he returns at all, which obviously isn't guaranteed, I can't see it not being with Lotus. Then we'd all know if he was really on the driver market or not. It'd be crazy of Ferrari to give one of their seats to a driver who hadn't been shown to be fully fit.

Date: January 11, 2012 07:22PM
Posted by: gav
Apparently Kubica has broken his leg again in a fall.

The bloke really has run out of luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 07:23PM by gav.
Date: January 11, 2012 07:35PM
Posted by: matt3454
Terrible luck, just hope the severity of the leg break isn't too bad

Date: January 11, 2012 07:40PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Robert Kubica has injured his leg in a fall near his home, with sources close to the Polish driver suggesting that he has reopened a fracture that he sustained in his rally accident last year.

It is understood that Kubica fell over on ice in Pietrasanta, where he lives, and subsequently complained of pain in the right leg which was broken in his crash. He was driven to the local hospital for checks.

Although there has been no official statement, it is understood that it has been found that Kubica has reopened the fracture in his right tibia.

Kubica's latest injury setback comes on the same day that Ferrari played down talk that it was planning to test the Polish driver later this year once he was fully recovered.

Sources suggested that the injury is likely to delay his recovery by at least three weeks.

"That was not on our plan," said Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali at the annual Wrooom media event.

"For sure Robert Kubica is a great driver that had a very severe injuries and at the moment he is still working very hard to try to go back to his normal living.

"So before any kind of thinking or discussion of whatever could be, we need to wait and see. For sure that kind of injury is taking a long time to recover so I can say we will wait and see if he is going to recover, but at the moment there is nothing in place."

bloody ell, I feel sorry for Kubica, always getting injured, he's turning into sebastian diesler/michael owen..... :(
Date: January 11, 2012 08:06PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Well, that seems to be the end of the road for him. Shame.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 11, 2012 09:06PM
Yeah, think we can safely assume his F1 career is done now. It was already a long shot hoping he'd return.
Apart from obviously being a shame that he's been injured again, there's an element of what if now. He was showing massive promise and threatening to become one of the top drivers of his generation... Just like Nannini. :-/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy