Trulli says he'd denied a drive for Ferrari

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Trulli says he'd denied a drive for Ferrari
Date: February 22, 2012 04:11PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
the site I found the article on is in Bulgarian, therefore I don't see a point posting a link to it here. However I'd like to share a view on the thing with you. Trulli said he didn't want to shed any light on when the offer from Jean Todt had come, thus I felt it'd be really interesting to discuss when could the offer have possibly come.

In my view it must have been around the end of 2005 when the team encountered a problem of having to substitude Barrichello (who actually had a contract for 2006, but didn't feel like going on at Ferrari was worth it for him). I dont see an offer coming from Jean Todt in 2007 or 2008, since the drivers had secured contracts, and Kimi was a world champion with massa a good second in the team.

I'm just curious what's your opinion on that.

Let the speculations begin.....
Re: Trulli says he'd denied a drive for Ferrari
Date: February 22, 2012 04:21PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I found that on autosport yesterday, I'll post the link to that instead:

[www.autosport.com]

The first thing that came to my mind was 2006, aswell. It sounds to me like Trulli would've been there instead of Massa. It does make you wonder, with the form Trulli was in at the time, what could he have achieved? Maybe it would've been Hamilton vs. Trulli for the 2008 world title?

Also, Ferrari had just had a bad year, and Toyota were doing very well. Trulli got several podiums that year. So maybe he thought it was better to stay at Toyota instead?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy