Grand Prix: The Killer Years

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
Grand Prix: The Killer Years
Date: August 23, 2011 06:46PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Anyone watch this BBC Programme?
Its really good and really sad. It made me half cry at times! Im glad the safety has improved so much - Iv read about people complaining about the DRS situation at Spa this weekend, some people need to take safety into good consideration.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Its nice to see other drivers stop on circuit to help fellow drivers in crashes etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 06:47PM by DJSKYLINE.
Re: Grand Prix: The Killer Years
Date: August 23, 2011 09:45PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, watched it after Match of the Day 2, though I was meant to have an early night as I intended to go into work on Monday (I'm on holiday, but want some things done before the kids come back). Needless to say, I'll be going tomorrow instead.

I think I've seen most of the crashes before through various means, though some aspects of the programme annoyed me. Nothing big, but there were various misleading facts - such as the drivers going past Bandini's crash site for half a race when in fact he crashed near the end.

It's remarkable what you learn from getting into a game (Grand Prix Legends). I didn't have a clue about anything pre-1980s before that, but due to GPL I probably ended up knowing as much about the 60s as I did the era I grew up around. It's quite sad that I almost immediately knew where each photo or video was taken, regardless of how obscure the footage was.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy