Virgin agree partnership with McLaren

Posted by truecrysis 
Virgin agree partnership with McLaren
Date: July 04, 2011 05:14PM
Posted by: truecrysis
[news.bbc.co.uk]
[www.formula1.com]

So by what i can read from this, im slightly confused.
Parts of it make it sounds like virgin are now some sort of McLaren B team just under a different name, bit like how Red Bull and Toro Rosso were with eachother.
Other parts make it sounds like a simple engine/parts sharing scheme with Virgin, but what would McLaren get out of that... maybe they want to put paffett in the car, like ricciardo. But to me staff embedded into the virgin team sounds very deep, almost as like they are taking them on. Each of the big 3 to get themself a bottom 3 team, ferrari to take on lotus next? ;)

Anyway its news so i felt like posting it, maybe you guys want to discuss it

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2011 05:16PM by truecrysis.
Re: Virgin agree partnership with McLaren
Date: July 04, 2011 05:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I think the reason they embed staff at Virgin is to get around the Resource Restriction Agreement.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 04, 2011 07:39PM
Posted by: chet
Perhaps more interesting is the purchase of WRT!

Finally Branson coughing up the cash!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 04, 2011 08:01PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Oh yeh forgot about that part, maybe virgin are actually being serious about spending and moving up

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: July 04, 2011 09:33PM
Posted by: gav
It's a tie-up with McLaren Applied Technologies, not necessarily the F1 team itself. While it will undoubtedly include aspects of the racing team, it's not as clear as McLaren's link to Force India, or Lotus's link with Red Bull.

Basically, as I read it, it's McLaren allowing Virgin to use their wind tunnel, other toys and experience, rather than McLaren providing parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy