Best Pit Lane

Posted by truecrysis 
Best Pit Lane
Date: June 15, 2011 11:12PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Hi all

You've probably seen questions about whats the best track at the moment etc etc, but i was wondering whats the best/worst pit lane of all those out there, including F1 tracks, all other motorsport tracks, fictional tracks created for games. This could be the most interesting pitlane, the longest pitlane, best/worst entry/exit all that kind of stuff.

Here's a few of my inputs

Good - Hungaroring - The way it goes round the final turn rather smoothly is nice, but ive also had a few incidents with that wall in normal races ;)
Good - Piranema - GP4 fictional track, has a massively high wall at the entry, only reason for liking that lol
Bad - Indianapolis - Stupidly long exit, so damn incredibly boring!
Bad - Sepand/Shanghai - Can't remember which, possibly both, but i don't always get the entry right, the odd wheel on the gravel etc
Good - Assen - Saw this on superleague formula the other day, and the way they were diving fast into the pits was great

I realise this is a abnormal question, and most of you probably won't care, let alone answer, just was intrigued on opinions :)

Oh and if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 11:13PM by truecrysis.
Re: Best Pit Lane
Date: June 16, 2011 02:06AM
Posted by: matt3454
abu dahbi (spelling?!?) the under track thing is a novelty but its not really needed, koreas pit exit isn't too great either iirc

Date: June 16, 2011 03:41AM
Posted by: EC83
Abu Dhabi is the interesting novelty one, yeah.
Of the current ones, I'd say Montreal. Every year drivers f*ck up in it. Awesome, considering it's only a pit lane.

Date: June 16, 2011 08:07AM
Posted by: gav
Of the current/recent ones in F1:

Good: The 90's Spa one.
Good: All Spa pitlanes throughout the decades to be honest - including the endurance/support pits one.

As above, the Abu Dhabi, just because it's different and it's gained a reputation before anyone has even hit it (in F1). I second Montreal too.

Interlagos is quite good, though I still cringe at little when I see the entry.

To be honest, there'll be millions of noteworthy ones, good and bad. We could be here all day. :D
Date: June 16, 2011 09:04AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The new Silverstone pit entry could be quite good if they place the pit speed limiter line after the right hander coming into the lane.

The Suzuka pit entry design where they enter the pits before the Casio Triangle was also an interesting one.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 16, 2011 09:37AM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of the current/recent ones in F1:
>
> Good: The 90's Spa one.
> Good: All Spa pitlanes throughout the decades to
> be honest - including the endurance/support pits
> one.
>
> As above, the Abu Dhabi, just because it's
> different and it's gained a reputation before
> anyone has even hit it (in F1). I second Montreal
> too.
>
> Interlagos is quite good, though I still cringe at
> little when I see the entry.
>
> To be honest, there'll be millions of noteworthy
> ones, good and bad. We could be here all day. :D

Yeh i thought about spa, except on f1 2000 (an old classic ;)), i used to always be really worried about how tight the hairpin was, so i've been dodgy about it since ;-)

abu dhabi seemed exciting on first glance, then when they actually drove it, it was an average pitlane, and yeh montreal has created a few incidents, and interlagos well thats because of the racing line and everything, the potential for accidents is huge!

Is there anything wrong with being here all day, this was made as a discussion ;-)

Do you guys have any thoughts about some of the non f1 ones/old f1 ones, ive not really had much experience with them, so don't know what they're like...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 09:37AM by truecrysis.
Date: June 26, 2011 08:12PM
Posted by: Taamaar
i remember watkins glenn part of the actual pit lane where the pits are, the last few pits is on a downward slope.
Date: June 26, 2011 08:20PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Talking of historic circuits, I think that Paul Ricard used to have a hump-back bridge going over the pitwall to enter and exit the pitlane. I'm struggling to find anything about it on google, though...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: June 26, 2011 08:55PM
By that do you mean this...

Quite a good way to exit a pit lane if you ask me ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy