Date: May 03, 2011 12:35PM
Posted by: danm
[www.gpupdate.net]

Crikey!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Sam Michael OUT - Mike Coughlan IN at Williams
Date: May 03, 2011 01:58PM
Posted by: chet
I liked Sam, but he was no technical director. Williams should have got rid of him ages ago, at least shifted his responsibilities...

Fresh blood is what the team needed. Let's hope its the right move.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 03, 2011 09:32PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Patrick Head is retiring, too. Apparently that has nothing to do with the restructuring, not sure if I believe that or not. Either way, this marks the end of an era for Williams.

Source: ESPN F1
Date: May 04, 2011 11:08AM
A very sad day and change of times when Head officially leaves full on.

:(

As much as I hate to say it, Williams has been stuck in a rut for the last 6 years, and that wasn't going to change unless something was done about it!

I could see this going one of two ways... 1. Williams starts to crawl up the field again, or 2. Williams embarrasses itself by becoming part of the slowest 6 and possibly going bust, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: May 04, 2011 01:26PM
I think this will sadly be the final demise of Williams as we knew it. Frank and Patrick have been running the team from day 1.

Sure, the cogs might still turn, but I think Patrick, especially, is the MASSIVE influence.

Give it a few seasons and I think they will sell on to some multinational.

Date: May 04, 2011 09:18PM
Posted by: loren
They've been going downhill since Newey left. He was brilliant obviously, but Patrick did a good job keeping him in check. They still haven't been able to replace Newey on the aero side, and maybe they won't, but under Michael the mechanical side seems like it has really slipped as well.
I think Gavin Fisher not being there helped with the downturn too. Surprised they've not picked up Geoff Willis on the cheap.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 05, 2011 10:30PM
Posted by: EC83
Does this mean the 2012 Williams will start looking like a Ferrari? :-/

Date: May 05, 2011 11:26PM
Posted by: Slash
Head: Parr not in position to announce my retirement

Patrick Head
“What you are telling me is news to me,”

[www.gpupdate.net]

Jesus!
Date: May 06, 2011 12:08AM
Posted by: chet
Good point about Willis!

Im sure if things go tit's up at HRT (which is 50/50 IMO) then Williams would be crazy not to get him back! He produced Honda's best car, he assisted in RBR's upturn IMO, and of course was part of the former great Williams team.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
What intrigues me is the notion of Patrick Head designing the concept for the new rules has in this.

Changes Inspired by Head & Byrne

I would imagine that by being on a consultation group about new rules for 2013 with Rory Byrne (officially retired?), he would be there on experience and merit.

If this were the case of course he would be advising rules with a potential bias if he were to be part of F1 2013. It would imply that some areas of F1 were aware of his retirement else this would have already been an area for controversy.

Speculation of course.

NB Should Williams fall asunder, you should try and buy them out. An F1 team for the people, by the people!! ;)

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy