Team Lotus becoming Caterham F1

Posted by DaveEllis 
Team Lotus becoming Caterham F1
Date: April 27, 2011 11:21AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Tony F must really love Lotus cars, given the lengths he's going to just to get to build them. He and his crew have now bought Caterham Cars, and will rebrand the F1 team soon.

[caterhamformula1.com]

Suggests to me that Group Lotus settled out of court to get him to drop the Lotus name. But when Group Lotus dies from ridiculous business decisions, Tony can buy them (like he did with Air Asia) and build them back up to something awesome.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Team Lotus becoming Caterham F1
Date: April 27, 2011 11:44AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I think that website's a fake, considering they haven't even spelt Sonangol correctly in the team name.

Anyway, it's a good move from Fernandes, as it further boosts his links to the Team Lotus history, and also gives him a path into the booming Asian car market.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 27, 2011 12:10PM
Posted by: gav
Caterham announcement

Apparently it's nothing more than a purchase at the moment, though as Dave and SchueyFan say, there'll be more to it than that in the coming hours, days and weeks.
Date: April 27, 2011 01:16PM
Posted by: chet
So, is that website real or fake?

Either way, nice coup for TF :). Really like this guy, I now couldn't care less about the name, I just want this team, and him in F1! The whole Lotus fight has just got boring imo. And yup, I agree with you Dave, im just waiting for GL to fall flat on its face with the decisions they've taken to get this all this money for their crazy racing plans.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 27, 2011 02:09PM
Posted by: Morbid
[www.autosport.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 28, 2011 09:53AM
Posted by: Morbid
Confirmation of the lacking information in the previous article about an imminent team name change.

[www.autosport.com]

In short: No decision made.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy