Racing-Live and F1-Live are now ESPNF1

Posted by madotter 
Racing-Live and F1-Live are now ESPNF1
Date: December 10, 2009 04:11PM
Posted by: madotter
Didn't see this one coming...

Welcome to the new ESPNF1 site. As you can see there are lots of changes to the original Racing-Live and F1-Live sites but rest assured we haven't reinvented the wheel. In Formula One, which changes quickly, we felt it was time to update your favourite site in order to give you something new while still retaining the elements you know and love.

News will remain at the heart of what we do, although you will see that it is now easier to find and more relevant, and will be enhanced by comment and opinion from some of the sport's biggest names.

Features are an important new part of the new-look site, and some popular areas of other ESPN sites - such as On This Day and Ask Steven - will be joined by new ones looking at all aspects of the sport.

Our columnists include Sir Stirling Moss, one of the greatest drivers of all time and someone with a unique view of the world of Formula One. You may not always agree with what he has to say, but he will not stop short of saying it. "Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt" he says in his first offering - it's a perfect example of what to expect.

We have also joined forces with Sutton Images, the best independent motorsport picture agency in the world. Their wonderful photos will reach you within minutes of being taken. We will also be running a regular column from photographer Mark Sutton who, after every race, will bring you the highlights of his F1 "Life Through A Lens".

In the coming weeks and months we will be unveiling even more new areas and features including Statsguru, the statistic-based engine which has won so many plaudits on Cricinfo and Scrum. This will allow you to search every driver, every team and every race since 1950.

I am confident ESPNF1 will be a welcome addition to the F1 scene and look forward to your feedback and comments about the new site.

Claire Furnell is the senior editor of ESPNF1

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

[en.espnf1.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 04:18PM by madotter.
Re: Racing-Live and F1-Live are now ESPNF1
Date: December 10, 2009 08:29PM
Posted by: Monza972
Yup, I visited the this morning and it was F1-Live and then now it's ESPN. Whhhaat!

Hope it doesn't drivel
Date: December 10, 2009 09:11PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
I already the hate the site layout, just looks too... empty.

Date: December 10, 2009 09:25PM
Posted by: Damas
Just been on and came straight on here to see if any of you had commented.

I know we need to give it time but that layout is awful!! It's just a mess and the only thing you can find is bloody adverts. 3/10
Date: December 11, 2009 04:28AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Don't like the layout, but some of the new features look good.

For anyone who has been on CricInfo, it looks like they have just copied a lot of those features across (driver profile pages, Ask Steven section etc), but that's not necessarily a bad thing, because CricInfo is a comprehensive resource for cricket.

Also, it looks like they have joined up with Sutton for images - which is disappointing, because F1-Live used to be a great resource for hi-res pictures (especially if you knew the premium code) ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2009 04:33AM by SchueyFan.
Date: December 11, 2009 07:19PM
Posted by: Monza972
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, it looks like they have joined up with
> Sutton for images - which is disappointing,
> because F1-Live used to be a great resource for
> hi-res pictures (especially if you knew the
> premium code) ;)

Most definitely! :(
Date: December 11, 2009 09:21PM
Posted by: gin
time to find a new F1 News site :(

Date: December 11, 2009 10:08PM
Posted by: Gaulty
It isn't too bad, I suppose it is a bit bare with a bit too much adverts for now. But it might improve. I suppose the important thing is the content and at least they have got rid of the poorly researched GMM material.

Might turn to be a grower though, I do think there are better sites out there still.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: December 12, 2009 11:44AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> I already the hate the site layout, just looks
> too... empty.

If you removed all the spam, ads, links, and internal advertising from F1-live you were left with a design far more empty than this.

This new sites cleaner and more stylish. As long as they don't take on the typical ESPN Motorsport news reporting style of talking complete BS then it'll be fine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 13, 2009 01:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It would be good if they opened up the old F1-Live photo archives with all the great hi-res photography over the last 8 years, but now they have the deal with Sutton, I can't see it happening.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 14, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
DaveEllis Wrote:
> As long as they don't take on the typical ESPN Motorsport
> news reporting style of talking complete BS then
> it'll be fine.

Too late...

"Jenson Button has finished runner-up in the coveted BBC sports personality of the year award at a star studded ceremony in Sheffield. The world champion was beaten into second place by 36-year-old Manchester United and England footballer Ryan Giggs."

[en.espnf1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 12:40AM by 97kirkc.
Date: December 14, 2009 09:58AM
Posted by: marcl
Have stopped using the site now. Information is like a day late and I do not like the layout.
Date: December 14, 2009 10:32AM
Posted by: J i m
Layout wise it's a million times better, but if it's different people updating the news with a huge quality drop then it's bit like having a meal in a 5 star Michelin restaurant and then squirting tomato ketchup all over your food.

Date: December 15, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: gin
just went to it and the damn thing is in French! clicking on British flag changed nothing (N)

Date: December 15, 2009 12:50PM
Posted by: J i m
LMAO!

Well... I guess for someone like myself with less than excellent French..... it makes about as much sense written in French as it did in English.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy