Felipe Massa returns to racing... :p

Posted by phantaman 
Felipe Massa returns to racing... :p
Date: September 29, 2009 06:29PM
Posted by: phantaman
29/09/09 - 12:50 - Updated 29/09/09 - 13:08

Massa is second 'test' karting in SP
Brazilian Massa hopes to return to F-1 later this year in Abu Dhabi

Felipe Massa came to drive a kart in Sao Paulo. The Brazilian drove on Monday for the first time since the accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix, did not rest and led again on Tuesday morning at the Granja Vianna kart track in Sao Paulo. Massa used a shield above the left eye (where they underwent two corrective surgeries after being hit by a spring in qualifying at the Hungaroring, about two months) and did not complain of physical problems to leave the kart.

On Saturday, he said he planned to return to the Formula 1 Grand Prix of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, on November 1. After the start of fitness and the announcement of who will attend the Challenge of the Stars of karting, in November, Singapore is going to the gym twice a day and should soon be using Ferrari simulator to begin the process of upgrading the cockpit of his F-1.

Furthermore, information circulated in the paddock of Singapore Grand Prix realizing that Ferrari would also be interested in the return of Brazilian in the same race. However, Massa still need to pass the rigorous tests required by the International Automobile Federation (FIA).

º

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Re: Felipe Massa returns to racing... :p
Date: September 29, 2009 06:41PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Great to see his recovery going well!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 29, 2009 07:01PM
Posted by: EC83
Great to see him recovering well, yeah. But I hope they don't let him race in Abu Dhabi. It would still be too soon after his accident.
I'd like to see him take more time off, get fully well, and come back at the start of 2010. No point trying to rush it.

Date: September 29, 2009 07:48PM
Posted by: marcl
I bet he is in the car for Brazil, but I think he needs to test an F1 car 1st and no doubt Williams will block it.
Date: September 30, 2009 01:07AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Felipe done more than 70 laps this Tuesday 29.
Date: September 30, 2009 01:34PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Thought i'd stick this video in there.

He looks like he's well on the way to being fully fit.

Date: September 30, 2009 01:34PM
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no doubt Williams
> will block it.

Not sure about that - this is quite a different situation. I think one of Williams' main arguments was that Ferrari could have picked a driver with recent F1 experience, but they chose a driver retired for 3 years. Red Bull also blocked it because Alguersuari wasn't allowed to test, which also is irrelevant to Massa. Recovering from a major accident is a much different situation, and I would be surprised if any teams blocked it.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 02, 2009 03:21AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Felipe today even races with Nelsinho:

Date: October 02, 2009 06:54AM
Ironic considering Massa's anger about the crash-gate saga on the same day:

[en.f1-live.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 02, 2009 05:01PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Felipe barely greeted Nelsinho, there was some silence so Nelsinho left a bit embarrassed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy