Webber, RBR expectations and ePeen

Posted by gav 
Webber, RBR expectations and ePeen
Date: July 10, 2009 11:02PM
Posted by: gav
Just listening to 5Live, and Mark Webber was stating how their aim was to overhaul Brawn for the contractors title by season end. It's true that that is now their target (drivers title being out of reach), but he sounded quite down, as if that should be a minimum objective.

Red Bull Racing, despite being sprung form a rather ineffective team, have gone on to claim 3 race wins and 4 poles (including STR in 2008) in a relatively short amount of time in F1 - 2 win and 3 poles this season alone - and still have one of the smallest budgets in F1.

Shouldn't they be delighted with where they are at? Brawn similarly of course, but their car and a good bit of their season has been funded by Honda, and they have won races in the past... having access to resources (currently and previously) that RBR couldn't even hope to have seen.

Finally, sorry... IT'S NOT A POLITICAL POST ABOUT NAZIS, MIDGET DWARFS OR RETARDED TEAM BOSSES WHO THINK THEIR CORPORATIVE E-PEEN IS BIGGER THAN THE SPORT. Or, as some might prefer... let's talk motor-racing again.
Re: Webber, RBR expectations and ePeen
Date: July 11, 2009 12:20AM
Posted by: chet
If they can win constructors they can win the drivers.

I am very supprised they, well Webbo thinks its over. Its not, not by a long shot! To think JB has it is just pure stupidity. I suspect it maybe mind games because Webbo strikes me as somone who will not give up until he's had all he has to give.

I will be very very supprised to see Jenson win the championship with more than a 5 point lead ;-)! Vettel, and Webber are looking more likley to challenge than Rubens atm, and I strongly believe both of them will take it to at least Brazil! Hell it looks to me like Brawn are even behind RedBull on pace now!

As for RBR, their success has been gradual, similar to BMW and Renault imo. Their limiting budget is well, not a limit. Lets not forget Renault won 2 championships with a less than great budget. They have done a fanstatic job and 09 is no flash in the pan, they are the real deal! I cant help but think during the whole diffuser-debate how much Flavio and LdM and even Whitmarsh were making themselves appear like complete idiots saying they lacked pace because they followed the rules blahblah. Apparently non payed attention to RedBull!

From thinking he was a complete c*ck I have taken a liking to Horner. He explains things as they are, he is very easy to understand and looks to have clear objectives from his team. He is a fantastic team boss.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 11, 2009 12:24AM
Posted by: Nickv
It's said that the RBR performs better than the Brawn in cold weather and the Brawn performs better than the RBR in hot weather, which explains the pace differences. All in all I think they're both quite equal, so the weather will decide who's gonna win the championships I think.
Date: July 11, 2009 12:30AM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think that RBR are in with a real shout for both titles. The constructor's title should be easily done, but the driver's title won't be. Let's not forget that RBR have only been quicker than Brawn when it's been cold. With the hotter races later in the season Brawn should be right up there again. I think Jenson might scrape it before the last race, but who knows? If the RBR's pace has been down to development, maybe they'll dominate Brawn-style for the last half of the season. Button will still be consistent, though, and I reckon only mechanical failue can stop him from getting the title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 11, 2009 08:20PM
Posted by: Team CLR
I don't know why Webber would sound down about not being able to win the driver's championship, because RBR are having a brilliant season this year.

This discussion also warrants some credit to Ross Brawn and Adrian Newey. This is the 3RD time these 2 guys have been in teams that are head-to-head for the championship, Benneton vs. Williams, Ferrari vs. McLaren, and now Brawn GP vs. Red Bull Racing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy