Buemi Wants Button as STR-TEAM MATE

Posted by razgriz 
Buemi Wants Button as STR-TEAM MATE
Date: December 16, 2008 10:31AM
Posted by: razgriz
Sebastien Buemi has admitted his desire to be teamed alongside Jenson Button at the Toro Rosso team in 2009.

Although not yet confirmed to debut with the second Red Bull team next year, even the 20-year-old rookie Buemi admits in an interview with Switzerland's Blick that the contract is now just a formality.

"I am hoping for a strong team-mate for 2009," he told the newspaper. "For, the best of all would be Button."

28-year-old Button, a veteran of more than 150 Grand Prix, is currently exploring his options after the withdrawal of the Japanese manufacturer Honda.

Buemi admits that Button going to Toro Rosso is an outside bet, especially given the likelihood of someone buying the Brackley-based team in the wake of F1's cost cutting measures.

With Buemi believed to be secure in one STR seat for 2009, contesting the second cockpit recently have been Sebastien Bourdais and Takuma Sato.

Buemi, switching to the Red Bull Racing cockpit from Monday at Jerez, believes he was the quickest Toro Rosso runner last week.

"At the test before in Barcelona I was about three-tenths behind the experienced guys, but (at Jerez) I had Bourdais and Sato under control," he claims.

"On Tuesday and Wednesday Vettel is coming, which will be a good comparison for me. Three months ago he was better than me by two-tenths, but I am in better form now because I have more experience."

The 2009 Toro Rosso, designed by Red Bull Technology but to be built at Faenza, will be ready at the end of February.

@topic

buemi?,too confident huh,well let see
Re: Buemi Wants Button as STR-TEAM MATE
Date: December 16, 2008 11:33AM
Posted by: vesuvius
well according to the rumours Buemi will surely get the other Toro Rosso seat.
Date: December 16, 2008 04:25PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Methinys he is a little too cocky. He has the race seat that much is true but the "having them under control" expression shows too much cockyness, its only testing.
Date: December 16, 2008 09:09PM
Posted by: Bruninho
rofl.

The boy is damn cocky... he didnt showed anything good @ GP2 Series to be that arrogant.

I think that I've already seen this movie and I already know how it will end, yes, he'll be dumped later ;)

Date: December 18, 2008 01:23PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Well, Vettel pulled almost four tenths faster lap than Buemi yesterday in Jerez, so I guess he had him - under control ...

/Arrogance. Sometimes it spices things up.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy