FIA: How to handle list ***possible spoilers***!

Posted by barbos 
FIA: How to handle list ***possible spoilers***!
Date: October 12, 2008 02:41PM
Posted by: barbos
During this year I was really upset about many decisions of FIA, and after the last GP I decide to write a little guide, which is a bit exaggerated but it shows situations better. :)

FIA: HOW TO HANDLE IN FOLLOWING SITUATIONS 2008
-----------------------------------------------
Situation 1: The red car was disturbed by another car without any contact and came besides the track.
How to handle?: You must give that unfair car a drive threw penalty!
Situation 2: The red car was overtaken by another car before a chicane, then the red car cut this chicane and drove into that car.
How to handle?: Well, it sounds a bit too heavy, but the red car should get a drive threw penalty, but not alone, the other car car must also get a drive threw penalty, if it made something wrong on the track, for example disturbed another red car before...
Situation 3: The red car hits nearly another car after pit stop, because the lolipop man ignored that car somehow
How to handle?: FIA ragulations said, there must be a drive threw penalty, but for red cars you must invistigate this situation after the race and give the red car maybe $10.000 fine, but not more
Situation 4: Non red car had to cut a chicane to avoid an accident
How to handle?: Non red car? Give him a drive threw penalty, nothing to discuss...
Situation 5: Non red car had to cut a chicane to avoid an accident with a red car and let the red car pass.
How to handle?: What, the red car was disturbed again?? Add that bad car 25 seconds after the race.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 02:42PM by barbos.
Re: FIA: How to handle list ***possible spoilers***!
Date: October 12, 2008 02:58PM
Posted by: gav
Situation 6: Mechanics of red car fit tyres seconds too late
How to handle?: Drive through penalty
Situation 7: Non red car smashes into red car with no respect for red pit light
How to handle?: Grid penalty at following race, and gets another penalty immediately afterwards.

When you put it like that..... @#$%& happens. I won't pretend I'm happy with all of the current dishing out of penalties, but at least back up your argument by pointing out both sides of the story.
Date: October 12, 2008 03:02PM
Posted by: Covfan
So what you're saying is that the FIA are biased towards Toyota?
Date: October 12, 2008 03:17PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I prefer Sniff Petrol's "Red car rule" :p

THOSE NEW F1 RULES IN FULL
Sniff, Friday, September 12th, 2008 at 3:06 am

Following unfortunate misunderstandings in the Grands Prix at Valencia and Spa, the FIA has revised the Red Car Rule for Formula 1. These amendments will be applied with immediate effect:

1) Overtaking a Ferrari is not permitted under any circumstances.
2) In the pit lane, a Ferrari always has precedence over other cars.
3) Any driver finishing less than 25 seconds ahead of a Ferrari will be penalized 25 seconds.*
4) If neither Ferrari finishes in first place, the stewards reserve the right to declare the result null and void (or to adjust it as necessary).
5) Only Ferrari drivers are permitted to use anything other than ‘designated’ parts of a circuit.
6) If forced off the ‘designated’ part of the track by a Ferrari, the guilty driver should immediately crash his car and return to the pits
7) Any driver or team appealing against any FIA decision in favour of Ferrari may be subject to a fine and/or the deduction of points.
*Subject to post-race adjustment by the stewards.

Here we can clearly see that rules 1, 3, 5, 6 have been followed. Rule 7 may still be used if Toro Rosso decide to take this decision to the FIA Court of No Appeals Admissable. I therefore see no grounds for complaint.

Date: October 13, 2008 12:08AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
LOL

It Sucks but these are appearing to be True

The Thunder from Downunder

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy