Barrichello's IndyCar option

Posted by danm 
Barrichello's IndyCar option
Date: April 23, 2008 09:33AM
Posted by: danm
Source: [en.f1-live.com]

==========================================================================================================

Rubens Barrichello has received an offer to see out his long motor racing career in America, according to reports.

The German newspaper Bild claims the 35-year-old, who next month will set a new benchmark as the longest serving grand prix driver in history, has been asked to run with the Andretti-Green IndyCar team in 2009.

Barrichello's current contract with the F1 team Honda, owned by the Japanese marque that also equips Andretti-Green – and the series - with engines, runs out at the end of 2008.

Bild raises the possibility of a seat 'swap'; Barrichello to IRL in exchange for Andretti-Green's Marco Andretti, the 21-year-old American son of former McLaren driver Michael Andretti, whose own father Mario won the world championship in 1978.

Reportedly, the American broadcaster Speed TV cited Barrichello as confirming the offer.

Marco Andretti has already collected about 900 kilometres of testing in a Honda F1 car.

==========================================================================================================

Personally, I think Rubens will shine over there!

NOTE: Bruno, don't bother replying.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Barrichello's IndyCar option
Date: April 23, 2008 09:55AM
Posted by: sasjag
seems sensible to me, althogh it depends how Rubens could handle teh ovals, although i dont see that as much of a problem for him

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 23, 2008 09:57AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Dunno, if he's anything like Mansell, it'll be a couple big crashes, then he'll tame them. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 23, 2008 10:11AM
Posted by: phantaman
bild? :p... marco andretti with his 900Km of experience doesn't have the minimum possibility to enter in the F1

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: April 23, 2008 10:29AM
Posted by: Bruninho
LOL @ danm post...

I personally think that the whole Indy field will outpace Turtlechello. :)

They dont need him there, I'm pleased with Kanaan and Helinho :)

Date: April 23, 2008 10:40AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
You rip into Rubens, yet you are a fan of that f**king loser Kanaan? I'll never understand you, but then again, you Brazilians on this forum seem somewhat devoid of logic.

Oh, and Rubens would be a vast improvement over half of the field there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 23, 2008 10:40AM
Posted by: chet
This would be awesome... though the Marco Andretti swap less so. I would much rather see a Button-Rossiter lineup or Button-Conway... Or even Ant. He deserves a shot with a good car.

Otherwise its abit of a stab in the back for them two.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 23, 2008 10:47AM
Posted by: Bruninho
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You rip into Rubens, yet you are a fan of that
> f**king loser Kanaan? I'll never understand you,
> but then again, you Brazilians on this forum seem
> somewhat devoid of logic.
>
> Oh, and Rubens would be a vast improvement over
> half of the field there.

wtf? Kanaan at least is the 2004 Indy Racing League IndyCar Series champion! And he has a will to win everything, something that Turtlebinho doesnt have :)

Take Homestead for example, he kept going on even with a bent suspension after Viso's n00b crash, at least he tried even if he was called back by the directors. Turtlebinho would just retire after that and not bother trying and then find a gazillion of excuses for not winning it.

Kanaan was unstoppable in this race, he should have won it. I dont get why you dont like him :)

Chet, I dont know how Ant is doing this year against Sato, but I dont think that hes F1 material :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 10:50AM by Bruninho.
Date: April 23, 2008 11:03AM
Posted by: Nickv
Bruno, call Barrichello by the name or don't post at all. Dan asked you not to reply, because he saw this coming, yet you replied. It seems you are looking for the confrontation.
Date: April 23, 2008 11:10AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Kanaan is a spolit little brat. When they restarted the 2007 Indy 500 after they dried the circuit, he went on a rant saying they wouldn't have restarted if he was American. The man needs a reality check.

You just completely made up a fictional story about Rubens making an excuse, and yet Kanaan dropped the worst excuse in the history of motorsport on international TV, and you don't get why I don't like him?

Grow up. Seriously. Calling him Turtlebinho is something my 4 year old would find childish, but your blatantly double standards, fictional stories and completely ignorance of any facts in the situation are just utterly ridiculous.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 23, 2008 11:16AM
Posted by: phantaman
doesn't generalize... the brazilians have logic sense, but i remember you that nobody is perfect.
i don't understand is these "fake notices"... who can believes that one rookie with 900Kms of experience has full conditions to take a place of an experienced driver and be in the F1. :p

DaveEllis Wrote:
>I'll never understand...you Brazilians on this forum seem
> somewhat devoid of logic.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 11:18AM by phantaman.
Date: April 23, 2008 12:53PM
Posted by: Monza972
i don't think Rubens would go to IndyCar, i mean he just got Ross Brawn at Honda and seeing as Rubens has worked with Ross he would benefit the most
Date: April 23, 2008 01:20PM
Posted by: what happened to my account
Rubens is perfect driver for Indycars.

And Ellis you'll never stop bashing mentally challenged users, won't you?
Date: April 23, 2008 01:25PM
Posted by: Sapo
Those [ center ] tags really work well I see ;) Red Bull did have the some problem ;0

/edit, my browser I think, now they do work after refreshing the page ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 01:26PM by Sapo.
Date: April 23, 2008 01:37PM
Posted by: gav
what happened to my account Wrote:
> And Ellis you'll never stop bashing mentally
> challenged users, won't you?

It's OK, it'll be your turn soon.
Date: April 23, 2008 02:28PM
Posted by: Sapo
Rofl.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: April 23, 2008 07:39PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
gav Wrote:
> what happened to my account Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And Ellis you'll never stop bashing mentally
> > challenged users, won't you?
>
> It's OK, it'll be your turn soon.

You already started by the looks of it ;)
Date: April 23, 2008 11:48PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think Rubinho will stay in F1 for the 2009 season and unless the car is a top 4 for 2010 he'll leave to the US.
Date: April 24, 2008 04:38AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I like Rubens...I actually still think that had he been on that F2007 last year, he would've won the championship. He does have some off races, but he at least finishes them in the points unlike Massa, who bins the car everywhere. If Rubens switches from Honda to a winning car in Indy, then good for him. It's really pathetic to see him like this currently, on a back field car.
Date: April 24, 2008 05:47AM
Posted by: mortal
Any chance of staying on topic? This was a good thread. And I think I've told Bruninho before about his stupid use of names and numbers for drivers, if you cant post properly mate, and add something good to the discussion, you can keep right out of it. This thread was reported, apperently for nursery school behaviour. Given the quality of some of the posts no wonder some people give up and leave the forums altogether. How about engaging the brain before pushing the post button. It doesn't take a lot, that is of course assuming you actually have one.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy