The Eddie Strikes Back!

Posted by Sapo 
The Eddie Strikes Back!
Date: March 26, 2008 02:38PM
Posted by: Sapo
Just read on formule1.nl that Eddie Jordan is desperate to sell the land (which he still owns) on which the former Jordanfactory (and now Force India) stands. (Probably to make some easy money). Mallya didn't want to buy it though, so now Jordan has placed some big blocks of concrete on the ways leading to the factory, which he is allowed to do, because it is his land. ;)

LOL

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Re: The Eddie Strikes Back!
Date: March 26, 2008 03:42PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
;) good on you eddie

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 26, 2008 03:52PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
ROFL!!

Fair play I guess. LOL.

Date: March 26, 2008 05:49PM
Posted by: Monza972
Yeah just read it on F1 Live. Haha, great story ;)
Date: March 26, 2008 06:52PM
Posted by: IWE
Pretty ace! Also because Im not fan of Force India.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 26, 2008 08:30PM
Posted by: chet
And just a few weeks ago he was saying how he liked ForceIndia ?? :s

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 26, 2008 08:32PM
Posted by: Nickv
Appearently that was before Mallya said he didn't want to buy the land;)
Date: March 26, 2008 09:09PM
Posted by: danm
i assume this is land that prevents them fully using their factory?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 26, 2008 09:14PM
Well yes. Our commentator said the Force India trucks aren't even able to leave the factory. So the matter has to be solved when the European season begins otherwise FI are in deep @#$%&.
Date: March 26, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: gin
WHAT UP WITH THE STUPID "SHEEPY" POSTS?

Date: March 26, 2008 09:32PM
Might be a forum bug. I'll contact Stephan.
Date: March 26, 2008 09:56PM
LOL!

gin, look a little closer ;-)

Kinda reminds me of the time you sent me that elephant Nick, the one which appeared to have about 8legs or something lol.

Date: March 26, 2008 10:29PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
This just prooves to me that Jordan was a tosser in F1 and he's still a tosser now!

Why piss off the people you used to employ? I daresay he wanted to charge loads for the land because he knows Mallya is a Billionaire. Id love it if Mallya just moved the whole operation elsewhere leaving Jordan with land he cant sell easily.
Date: March 26, 2008 10:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I kinda agree with you Nemesis. on one hand you could say this is funny and he's being a cheeky businessman, on the other you could say he's being very twattish.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 01:07AM by Muks_C.
Date: March 27, 2008 12:44AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
IMO it's the latter. I used to like EJ, but with stunts like this he appears more and more to have been a ass all along....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: March 27, 2008 01:03AM
I like the guy adn would love him back in F1, but this is childish. Why not do this with Spyker or Midland ? Why do it to a team, and people who are actually trying as hard as they can to make your former glory and team return?!!!

Date: March 27, 2008 01:58AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Force India do own the factory, don't they? Maybe create this bridge on one of the parts of the factory and simply connect it to the land nearby :p. I'd invest into creating my own building and just moving the material there if I had that much money
Date: March 27, 2008 10:08AM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the guy adn would love him back in F1, but
> this is childish. Why not do this with Spyker or
> Midland ? Why do it to a team, and people who are
> actually trying as hard as they can to make your
> former glory and team return?!!!

Are you suggesting he's only doing this because the team is Force India or he doesn't like Mallya?

How do we know there's nothing else going on? How do we know Mallya hasn't made some derogatory offer for the land or that Jordan has received an exceptional offer from some housing developer? How do you know that there isn't a tenancy agreement of any kind?

Example: we (well our county council) own the land our school is built on, but if the school closes (which it is doing) the land automatically reverts back to the previous tenant through the agreement which was made before the school was built. How do we know there isn't any similar agreement in place that means that once the Jordan team ceases to exist the previous tenant has first refusal on it or something? The Jordan company may well have only just ceased to exist or for all we know there could have been a legal battle going on for years now.

As far as I'm aware it's all the report of a single Swiss report anyway. It's not exactly confirmed it has even happened.
Date: March 27, 2008 10:17AM
I've read that the people around Mallya didn't even want to talk to Jordan.

Jordan said to Reuters: '"I had to make a stand and they will have to come to talk to me. I paid for the road and put it on my land."
Date: March 27, 2008 01:19PM
Are you suggesting he's only doing this because the team is Force India or he doesn't like Mallya?

However did you come to that conclusion? :s

I was just questioning why he chose to act now, and to people who actually want the team to do well. and who look to ahve a real chance of doing so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy