Mosley considering standing down as president of the FIA... again?

Posted by flat tyre 
[uk.eurosport.yahoo.com]

Max Mosley will decide whether or not he wants to continue as president of Formula One's governing body the FIA this October.

The 67-year-old Briton has headed the FIA for almost 15 years, but with the recent spygate controversy and his "halfwit" jibe at three-time champion Jackie Stewart still fresh in the memory, he may be looking for a way out soon.

"It really depends on how you feel, what the [various national racing] clubs feel. I would not want to go on doing it forever," Mosley told UK newspaper The Independent.

Should Mosley confirm at the FIA World Motorsport Council meeting in October that he will not serve another term beyond 2009, they will have one year to find a replacement.

Mosley became FIA president in 1993, replacing Frenchman Jean-Marie Balestre in the role, and said in October 2004 that he would stand down the following year.

He went back on his decision however, and remains in charge today.

Mosley has made it publicly known that he wants Jean Todt - the former Ferrari team boss - to replace him as FIA president when he steps down, although BMW board member Dr Burkhard Goeschel and Renault boss Flavio Briatore are known to want the role.

Not sure whether I'd welcome this or not. Mosely isn't doing much good for motorsport, but I don't want another person who would make it even worse!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2008 05:15AM by flat tyre.
I wonder whether Damon Hill would be right for this role...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

I doubt it, he's well into the BRDC at the moment so he'd be massively biassed.

I think Moseley should see out his contract to get all the changes in before leaving. I think people give him a pretty hard time with makign changes to motorsports but he has done a lot of good stuff as well such as make all FIA regulated sports significantly safer. I'm no fan of the bloke by the way. I'd also be worried that a new President may want to 'make his mark' by adding even more changes to things which could be extremely dangerous.

I hope we have reasonable candidates to fill in for him and that those people are made known to the public. If that's the case, it's never too early for Max to leave
I hope Jean Todt doesn't become the next FIA president...I mean some people, as it is now, think the FIA are kind towards ferrari. Just imagine the uproar if a former Ferrari boss gets the role, lol. Tony Purnell would be a good candidate in my view :) good technical knowledge and no major/obvious bias.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Neither Jean Todt or Damon Hill are suitable IMO.

However they are more suitable than Mad Max.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Jackie Stewart or Gerhard Berger would be great as Fia presidents, they were both driver representatives at some piont of their carrer, so IMO they have ability to lead and they understand the basics of F1 unlike Max Mosley.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Berger would be OK but Jackie would just be going on about any old point when something arises. + ITV would be talking to him on every race coverage and making him the new Lewis Hamilton, well not literally ;)

I doubt Stewart would be the FIA President... He's the ambassador for RBS
let us not forget the FIA is more than F1....

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Whether it's F1 or WRC or FIAGT, Mosley still needs to go.
he won't go, he'll say he's going so people say "o no please stay" and then he'll stay like he did a few years ago the mans an ego fueled moron.

mosley is the biggest political twurp i have ever seen in sport. he probably needs to sleep with 10 bodyguards outside his room for the rest of his life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy