Fisi confirmed at Force India

Posted by SchueyFan 
Fisi confirmed at Force India
Date: January 10, 2008 10:59AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
[www.autosport.com]

not really a surprise, he should give the team a boost compared to the last few years.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: Fisi confirmed at Force India
Date: January 10, 2008 01:51PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
or pass by the biggest embarrassment of his life in many ways
Date: January 10, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: NickR
Fisi. Give up and go home. You missed your chance.
Date: January 10, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: casabonka
I thought the same of DC when he joined Reb Bull, but I truly think we are seeing the best of his career. As a true team leader at FIF1, I think he could shine (I suppose shining in a Force India is a consistent 18th).
Date: January 10, 2008 09:04PM
Posted by: danm
Fisi at Sauber, particularly Silverstone showed he somehow has the talent in the lesser cars.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 10, 2008 09:12PM
Posted by: elemental
Yeah well, it's not much to be proud of. Being great in lesser cars, then completely squandering your opportunity in a championship winning one.
Date: January 11, 2008 12:33AM
Posted by: chet
I kinda hoped for Klien, but Fizzy is just as good I guess. I kinda hoped he hadnt finished in F1.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 11, 2008 01:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Not surprising. Maybe he's got a few races left in him yet :)
This and Wurz still clinging on... both team mates at Benniton 10 years ago..
Date: January 11, 2008 08:27AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
did fisi do that great race at Brazil 2003 :P in the Jordan so he can do great things with lesser cars :D
Date: January 11, 2008 12:54PM
Posted by: brunoboi
To be fair he only won in Brazil coz everyone else crashed out...

At least this means we wont have to keep hearing his mechanics shouting at him over the radio, in fact cann Force india afford radios? It will also be another great chance for Sutil to show how much potential he has, if he can really kick some Italian butt then maybe one of the top teams will start to notice him

Date: January 11, 2008 01:15PM
Posted by: gav
brunoboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be fair he only won in Brazil coz everyone else
> crashed out...

Well, everyone of note on Bridgestones.
Date: January 11, 2008 01:42PM
Exactly, also there was the stupid rule about the race being put back three laps... I still think was well harsh the way they made Kimi give the trophy back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 01:43PM by brunoboi.
Date: January 11, 2008 01:51PM
Posted by: chet
I guess 3 laps was excessive, but it was a great drive from him still and a fully deserved win, and to top it off the engine blow was perfectly timed :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 11, 2008 02:05PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess 3 laps was excessive, but it was a great
> drive from him still and a fully deserved win, and
> to top it off the engine blow was perfectly timed
> :p

He'd probably doing donuts or cruising around at 5mph or something.
Date: January 11, 2008 03:20PM
It definately added to the atmosphere, all that smoke and everyone just ignoring the flames to congratulate Fisi! Fantastic! And yeh maybe he did deserve the win - it was a great drive but he's not had any other notabble performances and after being absolutely thrashed by Alonso (2005 - FA:GF, 133:58, 2006 - 134:72) he obviously showed he wasnt quick enough to be in a top team.

Date: January 11, 2008 05:36PM
Posted by: Monza972
This is the most stupidest thing from Fisi. Just be lucky that he got a drive with FI and now he's already saying i'm number one, i'm number one!

Adrian Sutil has disputed new teammate Giancarlo Fisichella's claim that the veteran Italian will be the 'number one' driver at Force India in 2008.

"I'm the reference point, the number one driver, thanks to my experience. Sutil comes after that," Fisichella, who tuns 35 next month, told the Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

But 24-year-old Sutil, who made his F1 debut for Force India's former guise Spyker in 2007, rather reckons a policy of driver equality will be in place, even though three-time race winner Fisichella has more than a decade of experience on the grid.

"In a building-up process it would not make any sense to have a driver hierarchy -- we will keep that for when, one day, we will be fighting for podiums," the German told F1's official website.

Also speaking to F1.
com, Fisichella clarified that he has not talked specifically about his number one status with the Silverstone based team's bosses.

"But they told me that I am the experienced one and that I have to lead the team," he explained.

"I am sure that the material will be exactly the same for both of us but I feel the responsibility to lead the growth and progress," Fisichella added.
Date: January 12, 2008 12:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
He's trying to make himself seem useful and important, poor guy having to lie to himself eh :\
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy