Di Montezemolo "I am Kimi's lover!"

Posted by Covfan 
Di Montezemolo "I am Kimi's lover!"
Date: October 25, 2007 02:39AM
Posted by: Covfan
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has declared that it was his own personal choice to extend Felipe Massa's contract until the end of 2010.

The announcement of Massa's extended deal was greeted with surprise in some quarters as there had been rumours that Fernando Alonso would go to Ferrari either next season or in 2009 should he part company with McLaren.

Di Montezemolo offered effusive praise for Alonso earlier this week, but at a Fiat board of directors meeting at Maranello today he insisted that he was completely happy with his current driver line-up - and had been personally responsible for Massa's re-signing.

"With all the respect for the other drivers, I won't change my drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa with anyone else. They are the best in the world," he was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Raikkonen came, won the first race and then won the championship. I don't see what more could be asked of him.

"Felipe Massa, despite being young, had more pole positions than anyone, he's strong and loyal, and it's not by chance that I personally decided to renew his contract until 2010.

"Raikkonen is unique, loyal, very dedicated to his job. I will give him a prize, not in money as that is already agreed in the contract, but a gift."

Ferrari top brass had praised Massa's loyalty in Brazil after he took the second place that ensured Raikkonen could clinch the drivers' title. The Brazilian had led the majority of the race before falling behind his teammate at the final pitstops.

Wonder what that gift could be...
Re: Di Montezemolo "I am Kimi's lover!"
Date: October 25, 2007 05:08AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
OH NOES, kimi will become the next MS :P

I like the current Ferrari lineup a lot. Regarding Massa I think Ferrari sees him as a perfect #2, but I think he could become a WDC with a little more consistency and Kimi running into a bit of bad luck.
Date: October 25, 2007 01:05PM
Posted by: Monza972
if massa hadnt run into failures in the car he could have won it in the end...
Date: October 25, 2007 01:19PM
Posted by: Nickv
Kimi has had failures too, so that's no excuse.
Date: October 25, 2007 01:21PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi has had failures too, so that's no excuse.

haha seconded ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 25, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: gav
Monza972 Wrote:
> if massa hadnt run into failures in the car he
> could have won it in the end...

Massa had 1 failure to finish all season (I'm not counting his Montreal disqualification as that was his own stupid fault), while Kimi had 2. Kimi deserved to win, both over Massa and Hamilton, and certainly Alonso.
Date: October 25, 2007 02:18PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yep, Felipe looked like a contender during the first half of the season but as soon as Kimi got up to speed it was pretty obvious that he was the stronger of the two and is the deserved champ this year.
Date: October 25, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Kimi's issues were even worse than Massa's in my opinion. Had he finished both Spain and Europe, even if it was third in both races, he would've gotten to Brazil with 112 points against 107 of Hamilton and 102 of Alonso.
Date: October 26, 2007 01:48AM
Posted by: vesuvius
and in thos two races were Kimi were third he was yet to stop and he had more fuel onboard then the guys in front of him so ...in spain 2nd place could have been his and in europe Kimi was sure he had the speed for win and he is without a doubt a better driver in wet than Felipe...then there was a small but very valuable mistake Kimi made in Monaco and he was clearly faster of the 2 ferraris there so he lost most likely 3rd or even stronger position...anyway stupid speculation and it doesn't change anything but I think Kimi deserved the title from France onwards he was the fastest driver.
Date: October 26, 2007 03:25AM
Posted by: Flypeg
i think massa had problems in a lot more races. kimi had problems on

spain
nurburgring
fuji
monza (irrelevant, cuz he would be the third anyway)

massa had on

melbourne
canada
hungary
nurburgring
silverstone
fuji (more than kimi)
monza

and maybe sepang

i think massa could have at least 20 points more, and kimi could have a lot more too, if it wasnt for ferrari's faults
Date: October 26, 2007 10:29AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Flypeg schreef:
> i think massa had problems in a lot more races.
> kimi had problems on
>
> spain
> nurburgring
> fuji
> monza (irrelevant, cuz he would be the third
> anyway)
>
> massa had on
>
> melbourne
> canada
> hungary
> nurburgring
> silverstone
> fuji (more than kimi)
> monza
>
> and maybe sepang
>
>
> i think massa could have at least 20 points more,
> and kimi could have a lot more too, if it wasnt
> for ferrari's faults

Melbourne it was indeed a failure, canada it was his own crappy fuild he got a dq, so no failure, hungary the team forgot te refuel him, but WHEN he was refuelled he simply didnt had the pace, so no exuses. Nurburgring is just bollocks, he was on intermediates just slower then alonso, not a failure, silverstone he stalled the car, tbh i dont know if it was a failure, fuji he had the same problems as kimi, dont cound that and monza he had indeed a failure, sepang he made a mistake

So that makes Massa:
Melbourne
Silverstone???
Monza

Kimi:
Spain
Nurburgring

but the difference between those failures is that 1 of them made massa retire, while all kimis failures made kimi retire.

Date: October 26, 2007 01:08PM
Posted by: gav
What problems did Massa have at the Nurburgring? :\

BTW, if you're going to count Massa's Montreal issue, then you have to include Kimi's at Monaco too, not that either should count as they were their own mistakes.
Date: October 26, 2007 02:22PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah and if Massa's Montreal is counted Kimi's montreal should be too because when they came to the pit Kimi had to wait behind Massa so he lost time and places.Also Kimi had "engine" problem after Melbourne so he had to used lower revs in Sepang.and then Kimi was clearly faster of the ferrari duo in Indianapolis and Istanbul but because team orders are forbidden they didn't let Kimi to pass him.so both kimi and Massa lost a valuable points but that doesn't change anything ..in the end Kimi was better end of story.
Date: October 26, 2007 02:35PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
lol dont understand why that desperate ppl trying to show how raikkonen is better than massa , he won the title so its impossible to discuss anyways...wait 2008

many questions will be answered ...
Date: October 26, 2007 02:45PM
Posted by: Flypeg
im not trying to say massa was better than kimi, kimi won the title and thats it.

anyway massa had more problems. in nurb, he had tyres problem after the last pit. in hungary it was his mistake too, but ferrari's mistake made it happen too, but its more massa's fault. canada i agree it was a stupid error, i just said it cuz it was a problem anyway. in fuji massa did one more pit than kimi, and had to pay a drive through.

i know massa had a lot of errors too, and kimi won because he was better, i just do not think massa's season was so bad
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy