Did you know? Obscure F1 facts...

Posted by Red Sam 
Did you know? Obscure F1 facts...
Date: October 09, 2007 07:45PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Frivolous F1 factoid of the day:

Silverstone Circuit is in both Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire - from the start line, cars race through South Northamptonshire District territory, before heading into Becketts - not just a trip into one of F1's most challenging corners, but also across the boundary into Aylesbury Vale District, and Buckinghamshire.

After this brief excursion, cars reenter Northamptonshire just as they turn into Bridge Corner.

Its not often that a team boss can sit on the pit wall and say that their cars are racing in another county ;)

Its also not often that I would post something so undeniably uninteresting to those outside Local Government, but there you go!

Why not expand this thread with more obscure F1 facts? It can't be hard to find one more interesting than mine!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2007 07:52PM by Red Sam.
Re: Did you know? Obscure F1 facts...
Date: October 09, 2007 08:25PM
Posted by: Slash
It's been said that in Monza, (well, this comes from the GP4 track review) that many ghosts appear in the deep forests of the circuit, the internal part of the track.
remember that this track claimed many lives
Date: October 09, 2007 08:33PM
Posted by: Sapo
The Belgium cicuit of Spa Francorchamps was always (partly) marked by the federal government as public road (and till 2000, it was), and the pitlane was considered as a "parking place" or something else, because it had some bureaucratic advantages i believe, instead of calling it a circuit with a pitlane...

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: October 09, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Muks_C
*cough*Click*cough*

and *cough*Click*cough*

;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 09, 2007 10:03PM
Posted by: Gaulty
BMW Sauber test-driver Timo Glock got a apprenticeship as a scaffolder before commiting himself to be a racing driver.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: October 09, 2007 10:09PM
Posted by: villej
I don't know how widely this is known, but Nico Rosberg has actually 2 nationalities, and passports of 2 countries, Germany and Finland.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: October 09, 2007 10:47PM
Posted by: brnco
THE TRUTH OF MODERN F1 FOLLOWERS , VERY OBSCURE INDEED

(caps. because it's the title)

So the story goes like this:

This is beautiful piece of handcrafted racecar.

This is the ultimate crap.

We all want to see the first one in action right?
We want to watch those amazing Lotuses 49, Ferraris, Brabhams BT24,Cooper-Maserati T86, Eagles...instead of TF107 and RA107
...we want ot see John Surtees and Jimmy Clark instead of Ralf Schumacher and Sakon Yamamoto... and so on..

so what do we do?

We call dr. Emmet Brown...

...to take us back to 1967, because instead of watching '07 brazilian GP at Interlagos,
in fortnight we want to watch 1967 US GP at Watkins Glenn...

So doc Brown comes with his delorean dmc12 timemachine...

... and takes us back to 1967.

And what do we find there. Nothing. No TV live broadcast (not even John Watson and Allard Kalff, they came much later), No F1 forums, No F1 racing magazine, No countles internet information sources, No zillions of photos that cover every angle of the race car, No sleeples nights wandering through the doldrums of gpg forums, No max mosley, No Bernie Ecclestone (well we just might find him selling some really worn out fammily wagons on some fair in a schitty village in Suffolk).

Nothing, we only know that somwhere there on the other continent there is F1 race going on, and if we manage to catch BBC radio channel that covers the race we can consider ourselves lucky. Then comes monday, we'll read an article about it in local newspaper, probably accompanied with some shitty photo...

and that's it. Monday afternoon we would get our lives back, doing what ever people did at that time (and they did a lot of things...)

...on the other hand we(2007 F1 fans) will, browse the web, trying to find out what was this man...

...talking to his son, and what did his son's teammate told spanish media. And how Ron felt about it all.

And what did those two came up with...(again)

and that's it very obscure indeed.
Date: October 09, 2007 11:09PM
Posted by: Fincent
Date: October 09, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: danm
lmfao! that is the funniest post youve ever made brnco LOL!

but wtf has it got to do with ANYTHING!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 10, 2007 12:24PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nico Rosberg speaks five languages.

Finnish isn't one of them.
Date: October 10, 2007 12:33PM
Posted by: mikef1
Alberto Ascari and his father Antonio both died in similar incidents at the same age:

Alberto Ascari died on May 26, 1955, at the age of 36. Antonio Ascari was also 36 when he died, on July 26, 1925 (Alberto was only 4 days older). Both father and son had won 13 championship Grand Prix and drove car number 26. Both were killed four days after surviving serious accidents and on the 26th day of the month. Both had crashed fatally at the exit of fast but easy left-hand corners and both left behind a wife and two children. Fans from all across the globe mourned as Alberto Ascari was laid to rest next to the grave of his father in the Milan cemetery, to be forever remembered as one of the greatest racers of all times.
Date: October 10, 2007 12:38PM
Posted by: mortal
brnco's post, as usual, has nothing at all to do with the topic. Back on topic please ;-) Otherwise a great thread.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 10, 2007 01:03PM
@ mortal, I think it has. It is actually Obscure f1 fact, though this time spectators are in the centre of attention, instead of drivers.
Date: October 10, 2007 01:13PM
wow, didn't know that about Ascari and his father.

loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nico Rosberg speaks five languages.
>
> Finnish isn't one of them.

on ITV a couple of races ago, they did a feature on him and he said he spoke 3 languages, German, Italian and French, (plus English of course), and he speaks each one everyday. what would be the 5th one, Spanish?

Date: October 10, 2007 01:22PM
@ Muks

It could be Spanish because then that would cover Brazilian etc too... a good language to know to deal with the F1 press I think..

brnco Wrote:
> @ mortal, I think it has. It is actually Obscure
> f1 fact, though this time spectators are in the
> centre of attention, instead of drivers.

What have you been smoking?
Look up "fact" in the dictionary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 01:23PM by loque.
Date: October 10, 2007 01:29PM
yeah must be Spanish then. English cos that's an obvious one to know, German because that's his main nationality, French cos he lives in Monaco, Italian because he karted there while he was young, and Spanish to make the full set probably. a very talented man! i couldn't even learn French at school.

Date: October 10, 2007 01:30PM
@logue
ce qui, vous vouloir que regarde j'au dictionnaire, vous regardez

aucune offense là, compagnon
Date: October 10, 2007 01:36PM
There was absolutely no need or requirement to type at me in a language you know I can't understand. I consider this the cyber equivalent of hiding behind a veil, and therefore as cowardice of the highest order.
Date: October 10, 2007 01:41PM
@loque,
That was french so it partly goes @muks too, (him stating french was too difficult)

translated to english it would be:

What, you want me to look at dictionary, go look yourself,

no offence there, mate

hope it makes sense now, and yes, no offence there, mate
Date: October 10, 2007 01:44PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> i couldn't even learn French at school.

No, me neither. I tried my best too and actually devoted time to it and I got a C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy