should f1 be more dangerous, chet thinks NO

Posted by brnco 
should f1 be more dangerous, chet thinks NO
Date: July 18, 2007 11:35PM
Posted by: brnco
I've posted some days ago that I want to see some broken legs and 3rd degree burns in f1,but chet disagreed, and stated that he spoke for everyione. Is it true, don't you think that risk is the absolutely neccesary ingrediance in motorsport. without it, it is just a tasteless soup. It is becoming a grandmothers drive to the mall.
Re: should f1 be more dangerous, chet thinks NO
Date: July 18, 2007 11:50PM
Posted by: mschumi
Well, im on chet's side, i like how F1 is now, safety, because it won't be nice that young F1 drivers, like Vettel to broke legs, have 3rd degree burns or even die at 19-20 years old.

Even so, F1 is very demanding, its not a grandmothers drive to the mall, they support extreme conditions, have to be focused 100% during the race, have to think quick, have to put loads of effort, have to be precacious....it's very difficult as it is, and from next year with tc off will be even more fun to watch and a little challanging for the drivers in rain :)

I like F1 to be safe, because we allready lost big names, from gilles to senna, and nearly lost people like lauda :)

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: July 19, 2007 12:06AM
Posted by: Lex
I'm on Chet's side too. I don't think that a suspension rod piercing a driver's helmet is something fun and enjoyable.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: July 19, 2007 12:07AM
Posted by: kimiraik
Uhm looks like there's something insane in you, if you wanna see such things go to o***sh.com or wtf its successor is, and look through it
Date: July 19, 2007 12:08AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
brnco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've posted some days ago that I want to see some
> broken legs and 3rd degree burns in f1,but chet
> disagreed, and stated that he spoke for everyione.
> Is it true, don't you think that risk is the
> absolutely neccesary ingrediance in motorsport.
> without it, it is just a tasteless soup. It is
> becoming a grandmothers drive to the mall.

am i the only guy thinking this is one sick twisted fuckker?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: July 19, 2007 12:10AM
Posted by: kimiraik
Nope Iceman you ain't
I think F1 should still be safe...but conversely, the drama that comes with a big accident can add to event and can make headlines. That gasp and holding the breath when an accident happens and a sigh of relief when you realise the driver is alright. Need to make sure that there is always that sigh of relief though.

Kubica in Canada was a reminder that huge crashes can still hapen...and for me, it brings that tension and excitement when you see drivers dicing wth each other or driving on the absolute limit knowing what could happen if it goes wrong. So I want it to be dangerous in that respect so we can really appreciate those who race hard against each other...but i dont want it to be dangerous in the context of anyone being hurt. When it does go wrong...i want to see the driver clamber out, hear him talk to the press about it and then see a picture of his upside down car in next day's newspaper with some tacky headline!
Date: July 19, 2007 12:14AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I like accidents but not if someone can get hurt. I hated Kubica's crash, felt sick when watching it. But i don't mind those silly crashes that spices things up.

Wanting fellow human beings to be burnt and come under pain for your own entertainment is pure sickness, and there's a place you people belong.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
OK, maybe kubica was the wrong example because that was genuinely worrying to watch at the time....maybe something like Burti at the start of the German grand prix in 2001 would be a better example.
Date: July 19, 2007 01:10AM
Posted by: Lex
Or something like Fittipaldi crossing the finish line doing a backflip in '93 Monza GP.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: July 19, 2007 02:24AM
Posted by: Slash
people who like to see accidents are mostly American, that is a violent country and the culture they have from the movies and stuff is that they need to see people suffer and stuff, no wonder why is also the country with the most psychos in the world... i'm not american and i don't live there, but i've been couple of times, i went to Nazareth for a Nascar Bush Series race and for a CART race, in NASCAR race nothing serious happened but in the promotional race, some funny cars, one had a bad accident and you can see people raising their arms and stuff celebrating, while i was just thinking, i hope he's ok, and in CART, wow, that was shocking, Mark Blundell had a serious accident in the first corner a kink, with Helio i think it was, and even with those engines being as loud as they are i was able to hear the contact against the wall, and Mark was inconsius for a few secs, and people started celebrating like if someone scored a goal on a soccer game, it was crazy, i felt like i was in teh wrong place, i mean i went to see people race each other but not people get killed... didn't they invented the destruction derby?

i'm on chet side withot a doubt and this guy whoever started this threat needs proffesional help, i mean what kind of sick @#$%& person would enjopy watching someone get hurt and burned??, i like to see the close and hard racing, knowing that the risk is there if something goes wrong, but to enjoy it when it happens?

i'm sure this guy wanted to see Kubica dead or something...
Date: July 19, 2007 04:37AM
Posted by: Senna
Lex Wrote:
> I'm on Chet's side too. I don't think that a
> suspension rod piercing a driver's helmet is
> something fun and enjoyable.

I second that.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
And I'll third it. Having silly accidents like the one in Gp2 with Glock and Zuber is fun, but I don't like accidents like the ones of Kubica and Viso. I'd rather get tense hoping a driver will pull off a pass or something like that, than being tense waiting to hear if the driver died or not.
Date: July 19, 2007 09:21AM
Posted by: Nickv
Senna schreef:
> Lex Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm on Chet's side too. I don't think that a
> > suspension rod piercing a driver's helmet is
> > something fun and enjoyable.
>
> I second that.

I think everybody does.

@brnco: You are one sick bastard.
Date: July 19, 2007 10:30AM
Posted by: Dahie
Some 1000 million years ago, people liked throwing stones at each other, that was fun!
Some thousands years, people just loved gladiator fights and feeding christians to lions ... entertaining!
Some houndred years ago, we called our women witch and burned them alive, hell that was hot.
And some years ago people liked Talk Shows, just my kind of spanish inquisition

And now you come and claim motorsport is to save.

Wake up, this is stupid. Over all times men entertained on other peoples suffering. We still do in Youtube. But claiming motorsports should be more risky is sick.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: July 19, 2007 10:57AM
Posted by: chet
brnco go back and read what you said. you said you wanted broken legs =/

i want f1 to be exciting, not dangerous.

danger is not excitment.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 19, 2007 11:47AM
Posted by: marcl
F1 is dangerous enough as it is.

People thought it was safe in 1994, yet 2 people died.

It can never be safe enough, Kubica was very very lucky his legs were out the car how he did not break them I will never know.

I have seen so many more accidents worse than senna and Rolands and people walk away or are ok 2 days later.

The thing that killed Senna never happened before but it can happen and can happen again no matter what they do.
Date: July 19, 2007 11:54AM
Posted by: mikef1
Kubica's legs were not out of the car but his ankles were exposed and the tub was damaged in a way that i thought wouldn't happen these days despite the speed of the accident.

F1 is not safe, it is safer than ten or twenty years ago but going back to the Australian GP, Wurz was very lucky not have been killed by DCs flying RedBull. A freak and fatal accident is very much still a possibility.
Date: July 19, 2007 12:13PM
Posted by: Diax F1
@brnco - you are sick. Go get your head checked.

I'm with chet on this one. And as Nick rightly said, everyone agrees.
Date: July 19, 2007 12:29PM
Posted by: mikef1
I have yet to read a post from brnco that isn't inflammatory or just plain weird, i'll just ignore him from now on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy