Just thinkin

Posted by torana_05 
Just thinkin
Date: July 12, 2007 06:58AM
Posted by: torana_05
I was thinkin the other day wathcin the british gp about how people say all the aero makes passing difficult. Teams always go on about how they say, we've put a new piece of aero on the car which will help create more downforce. But really do you think teams put some aero on their cars that will cause more turbulent air than downforce, making the car behind them run in more 'dirtier' air, esp. the diffusser. Maybe some teams would employ a person just to work on making turbulent air. Maybe you guys have already thought of that but i just have, i dunno

Re: Just thinkin
Date: July 12, 2007 07:11AM
Posted by: marcl
They should lower the nose of the car again to get the front wing out of the dirty air and go back to wider tyres this will help when following another car.
Date: July 12, 2007 09:25AM
Posted by: senninho
Yes, i've often thought that. I think Martin Brundle has commented on it at some point, when either a Ferrari or Renault was having particular difficulty following the other last year. Tbh it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

Date: July 12, 2007 10:19AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Reducing front end downforce and making the front more sensitive (with the higher front wing) was the most stupid theing they could have done. All it did was make passing harder.

Stop screwing with front end aerodynamics. Leave it along. Start dealing with how messy the cars are aerodynamicly and start working on mechanical grip. Softer slick tyres, wider cars and some limited ground effect is the way to go.

But we discuss this every month and whilst we're discussing it the FIA Comes out with stupid engine regulations and ugly rear wings and stuff..thats the point..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 12, 2007 12:48PM
Posted by: chet
To answer the question.

Yes.
Last year, Jenson was saying how difficult it was to follow the Ferraris and Williamses.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 12, 2007 01:08PM
Posted by: tripleM
No.

The goal is to build a car that runs as fast as possible in clean air.

Date: July 12, 2007 01:15PM
The goal is to build a car that runs as fast as possible in clean air.

Well obviously, but teams do try create abit of a mess behind the car, it was in f1racing, another reason why the bigger tunnels which fit two cars in were good. Not only to make the car run in clean air , but to make the car run well in dirty air, and to prevent cars running well in dirty air.

You didnt answer the question

Date: July 12, 2007 01:24PM
Posted by: tripleM
"You didnt answer the question"

I did.

Date: July 12, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: Nickv
Answer is yes. I am very sure Ferrari did that last year. They curved the rear wing endplate to create some dirty air.
Date: July 12, 2007 03:51PM
Yes but this made their car faster in a str8 line and better in corners, I dont think it was designed in a way that would create more dirty air it was just a side affect from making the car faster.

Funny though I dont really remember JB racing a ferrari last year?
Date: July 12, 2007 03:52PM
Posted by: Nickv
He was probably being lapped ;)
Date: July 12, 2007 05:18PM
It was a general comment... on about traffic in testing etc.

Date: July 13, 2007 10:04AM
I think it was probably caused by the hondas bad areo :) they had probs running in clean air let alone dirty.

I am just joking with u Chet.
Date: July 13, 2007 12:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
joking but true ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy