michael SCHUMACHER tribute

Posted by assadof1 
michael SCHUMACHER tribute
Date: October 23, 2006 12:32AM
Posted by: assadof1
i am working on some photos and videos for that..but did anyone had made something as a tribute for michael..
i will put my works here when i finish it

speed freak

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2006 12:49AM by assadof1.
Re: michael SCHUMACHER tribute
Date: October 23, 2006 01:03AM
Posted by: LS.
If your putting a tribute together then thats admirable, but keep it honest and balanced by showing his darkside too please.

Schumachers given a lot to F1 during his career, good and bad

Lets not have a rose tinted tribute eh ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 23, 2006 01:12AM
Posted by: Muks_C
surely that's the point? or else it wouldn't be a tribute would it, we should just have an argument about it instead like we have had many times.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 23, 2006 04:00PM
Itv have a tribute on tonight, lets see if they omit michaels past antics ;-)

I'll bet that nearly all of the tv companys around the world that are putting tributes together also do too.

you cant erase the nasty bits mate just coz it doesnt sit well , it happend ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 23, 2006 04:16PM
no one is trying to erase the bad bits, nor are we trying to deny they happened.

if a fan of his wants to make a tribute, they want to remember the good bits he contributed, that doesn't mean he denies the bad bits happened.

if i were to make a video, i'd have in it all the good bits i could remember. yes it's one-sided, but that's what the point of it would be, to show my admiration for the good things he did. it wouldn't mean i have forgotten the bad bits though.

everyone knows the bad bits, you don't have to remind them again in a tribute video.

of course in an impartial piece of media like a tv programme, they will of course have both good and bad, i wouldn't expect anything less, but in something that a fan has made, i would expect only the good bits to be shown, because it is from that persons perspective.

as someone who doesn't like him, you of course like to bring up the bad points at every opportunity, in an attempt to put him down, but that's ok, you can make a trubite with just the bad bits for all the haters to watch :)

and as you'll know, i have never blindly defended him for some of the stuff he has done, i have openly criticised him here for them, but in a tribute video i don't want them to be brought up yet again, i would just like to watch the good things he did. but that doesn't mean i am trying to forget the bad things, they are all part of what make him who he is.

Date: October 23, 2006 04:35PM
Posted by: MarkWS
Oh Michael has been so bad!!! Good grief. It still amazes me that people choose to dwell on Schumi's darker times and want everyone to remember them. He's been in the sport 16 years and those I consider incidents can be counted on one hand. His up far out way any downs. IMO.

He's a true racer not one of these Damon Hills or DC, JV etc. All they did was moan because they were flattened by the guy.

He's made wrong decisions, of course, but they were not pre-meditated. No one remembers Senna's ruthless streak quite the same now he is dead! Now, he did make plans to wipe people out before the race started.

It will be interesting to see what ITV drag up tonight. 35 mins to cover a 15 year career. Cr@p.

What did they present to him from ITV? A football shirt from 66 when England beat Germany. Oh my, I bet he can't wait to hang that up!!

Rant over.
Date: October 23, 2006 04:40PM
yeah i thought a 1 hour show would have been better. in the 35 mins will be a 3 minute ad-break too.

and we've already seen a clip of Brundle saying something like "he's a genius, but flawed".

but it's ok, i don't expect them to ignore the bad stuff he has done.

and the '66 shirt made no sense.

he should give ITV a shirt from every time Germany have won the World Cup ;)

Date: October 23, 2006 04:55PM
Posted by: Morbid
A tribute is just that... tribute. A glorified memory. It always was and always will be. It is a genre.

If you want a somewhat accurate and balanced reflection, a documentary is what you should seek out. If you want spot on accuracy and things to be balanced in all the anal ways you can even consider, you hire a historian to do a research project and write one or several books.

Mandating that the bad things have to be in a tribute is like expecting a tribute CD for a band like The Beatles to include when the guitarist @#$%& up the solo, band members got drunk and barfed behind the scene, and when the vocals went off key.

Absurd of course.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 23, 2006 05:06PM
just got this link in my inbox to a short vid from Vodafone:

[www.vodafoneferrari.com]

Date: October 23, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
there are many good things. one remembers the a1 ring 2003 in quali the car was almost sideways in one corner but he still put it on pole. then in the race he has a fire but calmy wipes his helmet and goes onto win.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: October 23, 2006 06:01PM
this is the short tribute clip from ITV at the Belgian GP in 2004 when MS won his 7th title: [&NR]

one from 2003:
[&NR]

another tribute clip, but crap song. it shows Fangio near the end: [&mode=user&search=]

and another: [&NR]

and another, it has some Alonso and Senna in it, and a song by Evanescence, IIRC: [&mode=user&search=]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2006 06:10PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 23, 2006 06:02PM
Posted by: codonnell
The best driver ever ! Damon Hill forgets the times he ran into the back of Schumacher just by crazy driving. He should stay quiet. There is a lot of jealous drivers out there who cannot even be compared. Schumaker won a lot of races he should not have ! Forza Ferrari !
Date: October 23, 2006 06:03PM
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just got this link in my inbox to a short vid from
> Vodafone:
>
> [www.vodafoneferrari.com]

Is the irony only lost on me?

Vodaphone dumping Ferrari and taking their $$$$ to Mclaren.

Nice sentiment though :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 23, 2006 06:04PM
Posted by: mikef1
I have a feeling youtube is going to be flooded with Schumacher tributes! ;-)

@Muks that song had me in tears, so beautiful ;)
Date: October 23, 2006 06:13PM
i've added more links to vids in my previous post, if you want to go back and have a look at them.

which song had you in tears Mike?

Date: October 23, 2006 08:12PM
Posted by: mikef1
The third one, can't stand crappy trance tunes with soppy saccharine vocals!
Good tributes though.
Date: October 23, 2006 09:48PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
I have to say that 1966 Replica shirt thing was insulting!

"Ooh look Michael, you're a German and we are English and we beat your country years ago in a Football match" FFS get over it!

Good on MS for not reacting, but I felt embaressed for him! A artistic montage of him and his cars would of been nice. Or something that he would find useful. I liked the way he said "I'll find some room for it"

i.e In the bin at the airport!
Date: October 23, 2006 10:38PM
well Martin actually asked him how he's gonna get it home (because of it's awkward size and shape), so MS said he'll have room for it, because he brought his private jet.

Date: October 26, 2006 01:06AM
if you can tolerate one of Westlife's awful covers, then watch this, it's just a slideshow of MS pics, so nothing amazing. a scary one of Stefano Domenicali eating his ear though: [&mode=related&search=]

all 3 parts of ITV's tribute are now on youtube:

[url=

]Part 1[/url]

[url=

&mode=user&search=]Part 2[/url]

[url=

&mode=user&search=]Part 3[/url]

[hr]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Muks_C/MS92_Monaco97.jpg[/IMG]
[color=blue]RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael[/color][/center]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 01:10AM by Muks_C.
Date: October 30, 2006 06:36PM
a nice unbiased tribute to MS: []

Ralf's face is classis after the Austria '02 incident in parc Ferme.

and MS trying his best to defend himself in the Hill and Frentzen incidents, in an interview in '98 with Brundle: [&mode=user&search=]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2006 06:49PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy