Piquet fastest!!!!

Posted by Slash 
Piquet fastest!!!!
Date: September 21, 2006 07:55PM
Posted by: Slash
now this is a great news, i mean, there wasn't too much publicity as hamilton's test, and he just beat everyone!, 2 days in a row!!
Re: Piquet fastest!!!!
Date: September 21, 2006 07:56PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
yeh, in a better car then the mclaren, w000000t, with low fuel and new tyres, whohaow impressive stuff!!!!!111111

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2006 07:56PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: September 21, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
ROFL, was thinking the same, heh...
Date: September 21, 2006 08:02PM
Posted by: Slash
BAH!

how do you even know hamilton never did a run with low fuel, new tyers.. bla bla bla????
Date: September 21, 2006 08:22PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Piquet used Renaults new "super" engine (E-spec) that they are going to use only in Brazil .Kovalainen used very old (C-spec engine).also Piquet's best time was made with short runs with low fuel load.
Date: September 21, 2006 08:25PM
Posted by: Muks_C
or Piquet is just better than Hamilton? ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 21, 2006 08:29PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
one swallow does not make a summer

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 21, 2006 08:32PM
Posted by: Muks_C
*cue the blowjob jokes*

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 21, 2006 09:19PM
Posted by: bestobritish
lol you cant compare drivers through testing they were all probably testing completly different things with different fuel loads. Anyway hasnt Piquet driven for two other F1 teams before this week?

Today Hamilton looked to be driving very well (maybe a bit too aggresivly at times) for an f1 rookie and was flat out through copse showing good commitment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 21, 2006 09:28PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Nelsinho is a quick lad but he did have everything going for him. Maybe he'll find a seat in 2008 at Renault (vs Fisi? no contest) or one of the smaller teams first. Keep an eye on him though. He's a lot quicker than Heiki was at the same stage and he is all there on the mechanical side, too. If I were a team manager, I'd rather have him with me than against me.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 21, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: Morbid
The only thing testing gives is a general hint of level of strength between the teams. The only real yardstick you will get on a driver is how he measures up to his team mate in the race weekend, and even that can be a bit hazy, since most teams choose to optimize the car for one driver rather than the other.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 21, 2006 11:18PM
Posted by: marcl
the renault was better than the mclaren anyway at silverstone in the race so i expect them to be faster now :)

difference is which driver is more likly to bin the car in the race
Date: September 21, 2006 11:43PM
Posted by: Senna
I dont care about Piquet - Jenson will kick everyone's ass in 2007! ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: September 22, 2006 01:02AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
*yawn* at yet another OMGZ TEH GP2 D00D IZ UBER FAST!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneone
Date: September 22, 2006 01:37AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Piquet ROCKS! Look for him to make it big in F1, unlike Ron Dennis' love child Hamilton....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: September 22, 2006 01:58AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nelsinho is quick, he'll do well. But considering it's Lewis first time out for real he's been doing ok as well. .66s off the pace today, not too bad!
Date: September 22, 2006 02:04AM
Posted by: keiran
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Piquet ROCKS! Look for him to make it big in F1, unlike Ron Dennis'
> love child Hamilton....

Hamilton has been impressive since about 10 years old. Ron signed him up at 12 years old! He has pretty much dominated everything he has done, nearly all the karting magazines I have are smacked with Lewis on the front.

I doubt he is going to lose all that talent in his transition to an F1 car. It's essentially the same as driving the GP2 car just a bit quicker.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: September 22, 2006 05:42AM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
And all can dare to bet Piquet Jr is better even than his own father. But it's another story. Depends in much on comparisons between two different eras.
Date: September 22, 2006 01:47PM
Posted by: mikef1
Both Piquet jnr and Hamilton look like good F1 drivers for the future, whether they will be as good in F1 as they have been in GP2 remains to be seen, also i look forward to seeing if Bruno Senna makes it to F1 eventually.
It would be cool if Piquet jnr, Bruno Senna and one of Mansell's sons makes it in F1 'cos then you'd have Rosberg, Senna, Mansell and Piquet, a bit like an F1 tribute band.
Date: September 22, 2006 01:47PM
Posted by: vesuvius
all these testing times dont tell anything .Heikki Kovalainen said that Nelsinho used new tyres and low fuel load and new super engine ...when Heikki made his times in long runs with heavy fuel load and old engine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy