DARREN ALMOND'S CAMERA CAPTURES FORMULA ONE CAR'S STAR QUALITY

Posted by watercolours 

Woking, Surrey, Thursday 16th February 2006: The Team McLaren Mercedes Formula One team is pleased to reveal a series of breathtaking photographs of its unique new car livery taken by celebrated British artist, and 2005 Turner Prize nominee, Darren Almond.

The new livery, which was unveiled on Friday 10th February, has an innovative surface coating which achieves a high level of reflectivity, providing a fascinating subject for Darren, whose work is held in many public collections including that of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York

The shoot took place Thursday evening (9th February) at a London studio prior to the car being transported to Valencia, Spain for its first track test in the new livery. Darren had six hours during the night with the car in an exclusive session, which was the first time the artist had worked with a Formula One car.

"I've always been aware that McLaren has been on the cusp of engineering excellence. Their approach to the new livery combines technological precision with aesthetic experimentation," said Darren Almond. "I'm in a privileged position because I don't have to subscribe to a brief, but have been able to respond to the aesthetics of the car focusing on the relationship between time and motion."

"We are very privileged that an artist of Darren's calibre has created such stunning photographs of our new livery," said Ron Dennis, Chairman and CEO of the McLaren Group and Team McLaren Mercedes Team Principal. "Darren is renowned for his exploration of time, which has strong synergies with the sport of Formula One and the pursuit of time by Team McLaren Mercedes within this arena."
what exactly is that meant to be a picture of? It looks like a clock that has had a power cut in the background.
this makes me hate artists even more. That photo is crap.
You shouldn't hate atrists.

But that photo IS exceptionally crap.

Maybe it's somebody elses snapshot of the studio and set up before he got started??

"I've always been aware that McLaren has been on the cusp of engineering excellence. Their approach to the new livery combines technological precision with aesthetic experimentation," said Darren Almond. "I'm in a privileged position because I don't have to subscribe to a brief, but have been able to respond to the aesthetics of the car focusing on the relationship between time and motion."

First F1 shoot and he's already fluid in Ronspeak!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy