Gerhard Berger's back in F1, with STR...

Posted by montana_uk 
Gerhard Berger's back in F1, with STR...
Date: February 09, 2006 01:02PM
Posted by: montana_uk
He's bought 50% of the team!!!

[www.f1racing.net]

Scuderia Toro Rosso has a new 50% partner, effective immediately. Half the shares of the Italian Formula 1 team have been taken over by Gerhard Berger's motorsport company.

The 46-year-old Tyrolean is contributing his entire personal knowledge and experience of Formula 1, accumulated over two decades, to the fledgling racing team: between 1984 and 1997 he competed in 210 Formula 1 races, finishing among the top three in 48 races andwinning ten times. From 1998 to 2003 Berger was Motorsport Director at BMW, where his successes included winning the Le Mans 24 Hours, Sebring 12 Hours and leading BMW to the front of the Formula 1 premier class in 2000, the year of its comeback. 50% of the shares of Berger's shipping company are also changing hands: they will be transferred to Red Bull. The new joint shipping company will be involved as appropriate whenassigning worldwide logistics contracts for freight and transport.

Gerhard Berger will be personally involved in the activities of Scuderia Toro Rosso and be available in an advisory capacity with regard to Red Bull's overall Formula 1 engagement. These mutual partnerships are based on the strong longstanding relationship between Gerhard Berger and Dietrich Mateschitz.

Berger: "Three birds with one stone! The involvement of a company like Red Bull is an important milestone for the Berger shipping company and for its successful future development. On the other hand, I am aware that my Formula 1 know-how is very much valued by Red Bull in general and by the Italian Toro Rosso team in particular. Last but not least I'm looking forward to not only continuing to have a great time with Dietrich Mateschitz, but also to being able to implement serious and visionary business developments together in the future."

Dietrich Mateschitz: "I have known and admired Gerhard for twenty years. 18 years ago, he was the first top athlete to drink Red Bull and therefore to make a significant contribution to our growth and to the brand in Austria. I am particularly pleased that we will now be able to take advantage of the synergies that undoubtedly exist between us also for joint business activities."

--------------------

Laters,

Montana_UK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2006 01:06PM by montana_uk.
Re: Gerhard Berger's back in F1, with STR...
Date: February 09, 2006 01:12PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Wow that is hot off the press
Date: February 09, 2006 01:13PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
THAT IS SHOKING !!!

in a positive way, though ;-)

Does that mean I have to revise my opion about Red Bull being just a larifari Project?... Now that they have Newey, Berger and keep on buying all kind of personal it seems as if they really mean business !

DAMN it would be so funny to see a RED BULL kick the PRANCING HORSE´s Butt LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2006 01:15PM by dangermouseaix.
Date: February 09, 2006 01:17PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Even funnier to see the STR kick the PRANCING HORSE´s Butt LOL
Date: February 09, 2006 01:19PM
Posted by: fongu
wow indeed... good move though from Red Bulls perspective

Date: February 09, 2006 01:24PM
Posted by: mikef1
They will not kick Ferraris butt this year, no chance but it's great to see Berger back in F1 and STR need someone like who knows the ropes.
Date: February 09, 2006 03:13PM
Posted by: b-tone
thats great. hopefully they'll kick out one of those useless youngsters and let gerhard do the driving :)

____
Tony

Date: February 09, 2006 04:02PM
Posted by: Karan19
well something to do with Gerhard was bound to happen considering how chummy he and Dietrich are ;)
Date: February 09, 2006 08:48PM
Posted by: marcl
they might in some races if the michelin tyres are better
Date: February 10, 2006 07:25AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thats great. hopefully they'll kick out one of
> those useless youngsters and let gerhard do the
> driving
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

Hell yeah! Kick Luizzi to the curb and put Gerhard back in the cockpit! Luizzi's nothing but a party boy anyway....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy