Mercedes in McLaren buyout link

Posted by marcl 
Mercedes in McLaren buyout link
Date: January 27, 2006 11:14AM
Posted by: marcl
If you listen to the muses of the F1 grapevine, then Mercedes-Benz could be preparing to buy the remaining slice of McLaren.

Team boss Ron Dennis and Mansour Ojjeh hold the 60 percent in question, with the German manufacturer already owning the rest.

Martin Whitmarsh would not comment specifically on the buyout rumours, but he did admit this week that Mercedes' 'interest' in the Woking based team 'is higher than ever before, on all fronts'.

He told the Reuters agency: "I think there is absolutely and clearly a commitment (from Mercedes) to being in F1 for a long time."

At the Circuit de Catalunya venue this week, moreover, it was rumoured that McLaren and Stuttgart based Mercedes could collaborate on more sports car projects in the future.

I hope we dont lose mclaren was thinking this morning. I started watching f1 in 1989 there are only 3 teams that remain now, williams, mclaren, ferrari the rest have all gone
Re: Mercedes in McLaren buyout link
Date: January 27, 2006 11:17AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yes it'd be sad to lose them of course.

but with increasing manufacturer presence in the sport, it looks like privateer teams are inevitably going to be gone one day.

buy hey, although they are "McLaren", they're pretty much a manufacturer team anyway already, as they've had a major manufacturer backing them for a decade already.

but it would be sad to lose the name, and just have Mercedes, vs. BMW/Renault/Toyota/Honda.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Re: Mercedes in McLaren buyout link
Date: January 27, 2006 01:25PM
Posted by: chet
well alwats be Mclaren in my eyes.

Mercedes and Mclaren have the same image... well shall i say Ron and Mercedes ;)

like Mclaren is a team of perfection. And the imo the silver of Mercedes gives a nice feel of this.. dont know why.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy