Murray returns !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no really)

Posted by Sauber89 
Murray returns !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no really)
Date: January 09, 2006 02:12PM
Posted by: Sauber89
well here you go british f1 viewers the news we've all been waiting for the return of murray walker hmmmm however it means you're going to have to put the sound down on your tv and turn up your radio.

[www.f1racing.net]

Great news just a shame he won't return with brundle they we're superb weird he returns 5 years out

you're thoughts please forum........

Re: Murray returns !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no really)
Date: January 09, 2006 02:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I wish him well.

he is over 82 i think now, so although he is fit and healthy, travelling the world every couple of weeks can't be easy for him after 4 years out.

i think he retired at the right time, although we all wished he could have carried on forever.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 09, 2006 03:33PM
Posted by: mikef1
He did a greatjob commentating on the GP Masters race recently, it was quite emotional hearing his voice again and the passion he's had over the years for racing hasn't gone. Good luck to Murray, look forward to hearing him doing F1 again!
Date: January 09, 2006 03:36PM
Posted by: LS.
Better than nothing i guess, afterall at murrays age i expect the last he wants to be doing is flying around the world for the best part of the year, would be nice for him to cover some of the european races.

ITV should have got to him first and JA could have gone to bbc radio 5, afterall he has the perfect face for radio

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 09, 2006 03:56PM
Posted by: Lemming
Would be good to hear him again, although now it'll be at the expense of Martin Brundle when I have to turn the TV volume off to hear the radio. At least James Allen will be silent too.

Date: January 09, 2006 04:18PM
Posted by: Abstraction
Lemming Wrote:

> At least James Allen will be silent too.
>
>

AGREED :D

Date: January 09, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: whutom
I'd love it if ITV got Murray to do the British GP and some other classic races like Monaco and Spa

Date: January 09, 2006 10:33PM
...and 16 other races throughout the year too ;)

hell, anyone to replace the twit that we have to listen to that doesn't seem to know anything... well, ok, murray didn't seem to know much either, but he got so excited about f1 that it all didn't matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 10:33PM by Lemming.
Date: January 09, 2006 10:55PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Dear God!

Murray is a nice bloke certainly. But hes past it for commentating. And I can't believe the amount of irrational hatred people have for James Allen. He's not that bad. You think you could do better?

I reckon most of the people that hate Allen, simply because hes NOT Murray.
Date: January 09, 2006 10:58PM
Posted by: Sauber89
You think you could do better?
honestly , yes but i do agree it's an irrational hatred for him

Date: January 09, 2006 11:06PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I remember him paired with James Hunt and the former World Champ commenting that sitting alongside Murray was far more terrifying than anything he had done in a car. He wasn't in awe. He just couldn't believe Murray could report on a race without looking out the window or at the monitor.

But good lucj to you Mr Walker. You have made more collectable video clips than the rest of BBC put together.
Date: January 10, 2006 08:08PM
"Murray is a nice bloke certainly. But hes past it for commentating." Did a great job on the GP Masters race and i didn't find him make any mistakes, for once!
Date: January 10, 2006 11:39PM
he made a few mistakes on the GP Masters, but nobody really cared i don't think, it was just good to hear him again!

Date: January 11, 2006 02:59PM
Posted by: danm
LMFAO @ LS comment! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 11, 2006 05:36PM
Posted by: Incast
Murray is NOT commentating on Radio Five Live. He's doing short features before/after the races for them.
Date: January 13, 2006 09:23PM
Posted by: MarcA
I think he should relax, he is fit for his age, bbut i dont think he has an awful long time left
Date: January 13, 2006 10:24PM
Are you his doctor by any chance?
Date: January 15, 2006 03:02PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
What you should do, is watch the race and register to the F1.com timing. Bernie is kind enough to stream live timed info, so watch the race, watch that live timing, and comentate on it for the 2 hours. See if you can do a better job than James. Cause believe me, that's the only screens that him and Martin see.

Date: January 15, 2006 03:15PM
Posted by: Muks_C
they watch the race on their tv monitors, and get the same pictures that we see. they have the benefit of having the lap times in realtime also, showing the sectors, which flash in different colours depending on if its a fast lap or not.

no-ones saying its easy to do, just that we don't like James' fake enthusiasm. with Murray it came across as genuine. even if it was a boring race, Murrays enthusiasm would make up for it and make the experience enjoyable.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 15, 2006 07:20PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Murray proved in the GP Masters race was far from past it
James proves in everyr ace hes crap. Ben Edwards should replace him.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy