@ F1 Racing magazine subscribers

Posted by Muks_C 
@ F1 Racing magazine subscribers
Date: January 03, 2006 03:00PM
Posted by: Muks_C
is it just me that hasn't had a letter from the editor in the past 2 issues?

or have they stopped it for everyone?

or have they just stopped it for the winter months while its off-season?

its not the end of the world, but i was just wondering.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Re: @ F1 Racing magazine subscribers
Date: January 03, 2006 03:10PM
Posted by: Peat
yeah, i havent had one either. bit hacked off, i used to enjoy reading the letter.

Date: January 03, 2006 03:41PM
Posted by: Lemming
well i still get mine! haha!

ok so i'm lying, i don't get one either. :(

Date: January 03, 2006 04:23PM
Posted by: Nik_I
edited HOW many times?!?!?!?!?!?
Date: January 03, 2006 04:44PM
check the date. its impossible if he only posted it today. its just his sig.

Date: January 03, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: Karan19
I only started subscribing to it in March 05 , what is this letter by editor all about?
Date: January 03, 2006 07:04PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I don't recall getting one either.

Date: January 03, 2006 07:11PM
its just a separate piece of paper (A4 sized) and its a letter by the editor, Matt Bishop, to the subscribers, something that isn't in the magazine if you just went to buy it in the shops. in it, he just gives his views/opinions on the latest news, and tell us what he's been up to generally.

its been in every issue since i subscribed back in august 2001, but strangely for the last 2 issues, its been missing.

Date: January 03, 2006 07:16PM
Posted by: Red Sam
sounds like a phased withdrawal to me...

As for me, I used to subscribe, but got sick of the constant Schumacher "exclusives", Matt Bishop being up Fisis arse, and the lack of a BAR Rucksack for subscribing.

Now they have got rid of McIlroy, I am refinding Autosport, slowly...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 03, 2006 09:36PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sounds like a phased withdrawal to me...
>
> As for me, I used to subscribe, but got sick of
> the constant Schumacher "exclusives", Matt Bishop
> being up Fisis arse, and the lack of a BAR
> Rucksack for subscribing.
>
> Now they have got rid of McIlroy, I am refinding
> Autosport, slowly...
>

I agree. F1 racing know they have a monopoly in the UK, so can print more or less anything and it will sell. Peter Windsor constantly working one out over Schumacher. Matt Bishop fawning over Webber. A Button piece every other month.

What they need is to put less adverts and more TECH in. IMHO

In fairness to McIllroy. He was a Rally man first, so maybe Autosport wasnt ideal for hs talents.
Date: January 03, 2006 09:56PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I respected McIlroy when he was Rallies Editor, but when he took over the editorship, the mag went downhill almost literally overnight, with the sarccy replies to peoples letters, and the lack of good features or news - plus the infamous incident that almost cost him his job - when he predicted a "Ford Super Team" on the front cover only for Jag to pull out of F1 and Ford to scale back WRC the very next week.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 04, 2006 12:24AM
Posted by: mikef1
I stopped subscribing five months ago and they still sent me magazines for two months afterwards! I agree with Red Sam and Nemesis about the lack of content and brown nosing, i have two year old issues that are far more intersting than the tat they've published recently.
Date: January 04, 2006 12:29AM
about them still sending you 2 issues after you stopped subscribing, maybe it was because you paid in 3's, so if you cancelled after the 1st of the next batch of 3 issues, you have already paid for the 2nd and 3rd issues?

i pay in 3's, so pay £9.45 every 3 months (£3.15 each issue).

Date: January 04, 2006 01:07AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Been a subscriber since last summer, never got any "letter from the editor". Get the so-called North America "special cover" issues, but thats about it....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: January 04, 2006 04:56AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
never had a letter from the editor and ive subscribed since mid 2002.

i agree about the quality of the content slowly dropping away. pitpass used to be a very entertaining read, now its just re-hashed news that came out months ago...

i still read the 96-97-98 issues regularly because they kicked ass!
Date: January 04, 2006 11:07AM
Posted by: montana_uk
I've been a subscriber for a few years now, but bought it off the shelves before then. I've also noticed that the last 2 or 3 issues haven't had the Editor's letter in the bag.

I'll agree with the fawning over Button and their other favourites is a bit much, but then it's the only mag in the UK that is just F1. I never bought Autosport, because I don't have much interest in the other sports out there, or certainly not as much as I do for F1.

One thing I will say is the quality of the photos used in F1 Racing is absolutely superb!

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: January 04, 2006 06:19PM
Posted by: six degrees
lol, F1 Racing has been @#$%& for at least 8 years :P
Date: January 04, 2006 09:15PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
How many people read "F1 Magazine" Which was the Official mag. Ran from 2000-2004. Had Nigel Mansell as Editor.

The problem with that was it was too glitzy. They once had a 5-6 page article on Senna and his last girlfriend. And the Publisher Tom Rubython (who wrote "The Life of Senna";) used to use his monthly intro article to just slate Ron Dennis.

But that had much better pictures than F1R. Which are a little grainy in comparison
Date: January 04, 2006 09:25PM
Posted by: danm
i tell u what has got great pictures, that f1 2005 review book advertised in f1 racing for 19.99, i had a flick through in town yesterday was tempted to buy it, wish i had now, the photos are GREAT both colour, detail and angles etc :D

[www.haynes.co.uk]

infact, it shows on one site a photo of monaco which is so stunning that almost swung my view on its own!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2006 09:28PM by danm.
Date: January 04, 2006 09:36PM
£14.99 on Play.com:

[www.play.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy