Have Ferrari been cheating

Posted by marcl 
Have Ferrari been cheating
Date: June 24, 2005 11:42PM
Posted by: marcl
make your own minds up. I would say yes they have broken the rules for heating up there tyres and it has made a difference.

An innovative piece of technical gadgetry pioneered by Ferrari may be about to become the catalyst for another controversy over Formula 1
Re: Have Ferrari been cheating
Date: June 24, 2005 11:45PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
lol it would be marcl....
if you are not caught its not cheating...that was said alot when BAR had there fuel thing
Date: June 24, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Why are the other teams complaining about this, when they could just be using their own metal boxes?
Date: June 24, 2005 11:58PM
Posted by: LS.
If Ferrari are guilty then i expect the FIA will turn a blind eye ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 25, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: chet
imo not an example of/if ferrari get treated better but a example of interperation of rules..

tbh wat there doin seem ok..no bothers..

just copy and paste from other thread ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 25, 2005 12:06AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
yes

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 25, 2005 12:06AM
ROFL, yeah, i knew i'd seen that before, i was loik WTF? ;)
Date: June 25, 2005 12:12AM
Posted by: calimbo
Can anyone explain me what that rule says? What i understand is that you only can use blankets, and Ferrari are using blankets inside those boxes, right?

Am I right?

Date: June 25, 2005 12:14AM
Posted by: Stan
From the F1 site....

McLaren and Renault respond to Ferrari's tyre warmers

McLaren and Renault, stung by their non-performance at the United States Grand Prix, have answered the latest threat from the Scuderia--tyre warmers.
"We completely disagree with the direction that Ferrari are taking with tyre temperaturer increasers, also know as tyre warmers", said Ron Dennis, McLaren supremo. "Joined by our close competitors Renault, under the able direction of Mr. Flavio Briatore, we have produced in record time, at great expense, a tyre warmer of our own. Said unit is capable of producing copious volumes of hot air, and is quite inexhaustable. The amount of hot air generated by this unit will dwarf any produced by Ferrari's unit. The volume of hot air produced by the two units shown below exceeds 7000 gallons per minute."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2005 12:15AM by Stan.
Date: June 25, 2005 12:15AM
there they arent cheating renault and mclaren have them also end of topic
Date: June 25, 2005 12:18AM
Posted by: mikef1
Date: June 25, 2005 12:25AM
Excellent. You see, if the other teams just did this, instead of moaning at Ferrari the whole time, things would be better
Date: June 25, 2005 12:26AM
Posted by: calimbo
Please, explain me the rule

Date: June 25, 2005 12:39AM
you say that but to quote ron dennis about ferrari

" rather than rise to the technical challenge, those who compete choose to ban"

You can say what ever you like about ferrari's recent success in the last 5 years, but to me they will have been a team that ungracious in defeat, act like petulant children when things don't go there way, and run to the FIA at every oppotunity to when it suits them, no other team in recent years has displayed this

They used to be revered and admired until the Todt, Brawn,Schumacher era

Sure you get the Johhny come latelys that devote there undying support to the Scuderia ( although in actual fact they've only followed since 96! Gille who? )

In recent years since Todt got promoted to chief CEO Ferrari might have gotten maximum exposure to the casual newspaper reading fan, but those that have followed F1 for years know that real racing remains with the other teams
In recent years Ferrari have shown total disregard for the sport that has made them known worldwide.

How many people can say that Ferrari were their second team before the Todt " win at all costs despite the sport and @#$%& the fans"

i was one, but not any mor

Enzo Ferrari was of the belief win at all costs, yet i believe he'd be turning in his grave at the way his company in recent years has manipulated behind the scenes off track to acheive results

even the great man would'nt have taken satisfaction from that

Goodbye to the todt era i say

and god only hope us that this man that fairs foul means over fair play does'nt get the presidency of the FIA when max moseley retires

That will be the end of F1

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2005 12:47AM by LS..
Date: June 25, 2005 12:47AM
I'm not praising Ferrari for stretching the rules, i'm just saying that instead of the other teams moaning about something which has been allowed by the FIa, they should come up with their own version, which they have on this occasion
Date: June 25, 2005 12:53AM
LS good point from older races i have watched Ferrari didnt care who won as long as someone did knows its all schuie! schuie! schuie...
Date: June 25, 2005 12:58AM
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not praising Ferrari for stretching the rules,
> i'm just saying that instead of the other teams
> moaning about something which has been allowed by
> the FIa, they should come up with their own
> version, which they have on this occasion
>
>
>

Lopper that is exactly the same scenario with mclarens 2nd brake pedal

now that ferrari lobbied the FIA and got it banned all though techicnally legal ( i.e not computer controlled) only emphasises the grip that Ferrari have over the FIA

LS's Tip of the week
Date: June 25, 2005 01:03AM
^
Had forgotten about that. Admiteddly yes, anything goes for Ferrari with the FIa. It would be interesting to see would the FIa have banned the tyre warmers had say Macca thought of it first
Date: June 25, 2005 01:20AM
Posted by: bazza
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many people can say that Ferrari were their
> second team before the Todt " win at all costs
> despite the sport and @#$%& the fans"
>
> i was one, but not any mor

_o/

I was one in the not-so-long-ago years of berger, alesi, and the like driving for ferrari. THat was, what, 12 years ago? 11?

But it's all change now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2005 01:20AM by bazza.
Date: June 25, 2005 01:44AM
Posted by: Karan19
I thought the FIA already knew about this a couple weeks ago and said it was legit. So why the controversy now? Really bother's me that if any advancement or new idea ferrari come up with theyre automatically linked to cheating. But I guess it had to be marcl who would make this topic lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy