Official 2017 Australian Grand Prix **SPOILERS with added HONDA UNCERTAINTIES**

Posted by madotter 
Alonso looked like "The point is gone, can't see the other cars anymore after one corner. F*ck it, I'm going home!"

Hamilton is fast in qualifying and can produce fast laps in the race, bug Bottas seems to be good at consistent long runs.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
My quick review if anyone's interested :)

Thanks,
Iain.
well, the 1st race went better than i expected. it's was a problematic race for ham, so i guess in the normal conditions (no tyre wear problem/held up by traffic) he is fastest still. now it's just a matter of time to wait and see to know how repeatable the tyre wear issue may be for him.

Not a particularly exciting race to watch, but I'm not convinced the TV direction did it any favours either, certainly watching the qualifying highlights seemed to be a bit flat and didn't really show much of what seemed to going on.

A few observations... as predicted by Senor Tost, the three big teams are far out in front by the tune of 1.5 seconds per lap. The midfield seems to be quite tight and competitive with Williams for the time being (in clear air at least) leading it.

This weekend was an early but needed lesson for Bottas. He'll need to bring his A game to every Grand Prix to stand a chance of pushing Hamilton. He only really cruised up behind him today because Mr Instagram had seemingly lapsed into sulk mode because he couldn't recatch Vettel.

There was nothing especially stand out about Vettels win today. But it was a classic perfectly executed 'get in the lead and never look back' drive. Just like the Seb of old. Ferrari on current form have a race car that can take the fight to Mercedes. Lets see how they fare in the development race. Red Bull have slipped back a bit.. But they can regain that.

Massa was the safe reliable pair of hands that Williams needs whilst young Stroll gets his act together. When I saw his onboard in qualifying I immediately thought he was all over the place, just far too busy at the wheel. An observation which was vindicated by Coulthard, Hill, Brundle, Di Resta and just about anyone else who's raced a car. The pace should basically be there, but he needs to calm it down. Aggression is no good without control and some degree of smoothness.

Toro Rosso were good, solid and dependable. Kyvat seems to have regained some mojo.

Perez did exactly what you'd expect from perhaps the best mid-field driver in F1.. Moved evermore inexplicably up further into the points. Occon was solid but F1 needs to lose the assumption that he's a Verstappen simply because out scored him F3.

Good promise from Hass. But more work required to bring it all together. Epic effort from Grosjean in qualifying.

Heroics from Alonso... I'm not quite sure what kind of wizardry he was pulling to remain in the points that deep into the race and apparently that far off the pace but it was typically defiant.

Confused with Renault.. Surely Hulkenberg can't be satisfied trailing the McLaren for that long?

Good effort from Giovinazzi, considering that he had the least preparation of the whole grid for this race he did well and looked assured.

Well, good result (and for me at least surprising), but the obvious worry is that the cars struggled to follow others as much as we feared. Albert Park has never been great for following and overtaking, so I'm not going to get too vocal yet, but it's certainly concerning.

The race itself was boring as heck, but at least it was closer than qualifying, Verstappen or not, so all is not lost.
What do you mean Verstappen or not??
Laton
What do you mean Verstappen or not??

I mean the race pace was closer than qualifying showed, even if Hamilton hadn't been held up by Verstappen after his stop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy