wrong revmeter

Posted by watercolours 
wrong revmeter
Date: March 21, 2004 12:39PM
Posted by: watercolours
have you recognized that the revmeter display on TV is not correct. if you look carefully, the intervals between scales aren't equal. and if you lengthen the lines on rev diagram (they should emerge from an invisible common point) they don't intersect at a single point. their angles are different. if we go further, when the needle passes the midway let's say 17 and 18 the display writes 17400 (it should be at least 17501) or when needle is so close to next mark let's say between 18 and 19, the display writes 18600. they don't match and i believe the scale is wrong. thanks to the fact that rev needle freezes at uppermost level i could have compared them. if someone have a screenshot of it he can clearly see what i say.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Re: wrong revmeter
Date: March 21, 2004 12:45PM
Posted by: Muks_C
but its not an exact measurement of revs, its only working by analyzing the engine sound and guesstimating the revs.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 21, 2004 01:00PM
yes, it's not exact but i expect to see the diagram and text matches eachother.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: March 21, 2004 01:04PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Speaking of the telly um yokey me-bobs, i preffered the old style. Why did they have to change? Or was it like this for a while? Has Ireland just been getting the old display for years after its been dropped everywhere else?
Are we that backward? Most importantly, have ye brits got rid of that Thatcher one yet?:P

Date: March 21, 2004 02:05PM
Posted by: Vader
It's been like this for years, Ireland just couldn't afford the new style up till now. ;)

Well, they canged from TAG Heuer to Siemens timing thingymabobs. That explains the new - though crap - layout. Old people like me have a hard time reading the small stuff without the aid of a magnifying glass. :s

Mrs Thatcher has completely recovered from her sex-change operation and enjoys Her/his new job as President of the United States Of America.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 21, 2004 02:12PM
Amazing. Never thought America would elect a woman president.Suppose everyone in San Francisco voted for her.

Date: March 21, 2004 02:12PM
who is irish here?

Date: March 21, 2004 02:19PM
Mise agus Orpheus, measaim go bhfuil Vader Eireannach freisin(sa chroí)
Agus gach daoine ó na Stáit Aontaithe, le na leprechauns agus na scannáin cosúil le Darby O' Gill nó An Fear Ciúin. Agus na daoine ón Astráil. Gach duine ach amhain na Sasannaigh. Ni bheidh sibhse Eireannach go deo.:P

Date: March 21, 2004 02:29PM
An bhfuil a fhios agat gur colcheathrar dom é Bono?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 21, 2004 04:07PM
Posted by: Alex13
I heard that from TV. They sed that the rev meter is not 100% accurate. Revs can be 100 + or - from what we actualy see

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: March 22, 2004 07:48AM
Posted by: Pooky
l;dfjglkdjgm se;ogjawer pgje gjur'gjwe'gj ae;h???

hehe

Date: March 22, 2004 09:21AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Does it really matter? :P

Anyway I love the new style! I think they should have introduced it last year though, it would have been more fitting. And it could be a bit bigger. :P

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 22, 2004 10:34AM
Posted by: dolinseks
" They sed that the rev meter is not 100% accurate. Revs can be 100 + or - from what we actualy see"

Well, probably they are more inacurate, because they are showing for Mercedes engine 18500rpm, but DC said, that they have limited rpm to 17000. :)

Date: March 22, 2004 12:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
god thats limiting quite a lot isn't it? 17,000? and it still manages to fail?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 22, 2004 01:20PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Speaking of which....

James Allen said something during the weekend about "....your Fiesta at home would probably blow itself to bits at around 6000rmp..."
Is that right? Sorry, I know bugger all about road cars!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 22, 2004 01:40PM
Don't know about Fiestas, but as far as real cars are concerned constant driving at 6.000 rpm is not a very smart thing to do. (Especially if you have a diesel ;))

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2004 02:15PM
"god thats limiting quite a lot isn't it? 17,000? and it still manages to fail?"

Yes Muks_C, but officialy it wasn`t engine faliure, it was gearbox faliure. :)

Well, I hope that Kimi will win the next race in Bahrain, McLaren was much more competitive yesterday than in Melbourne, so I really hope that Kimi will win. But it will be hard, because McLaren is not doing enough laps in free practices, because they are "reserving" there engine, not like Ferrari or Williams, so they will probably strugle with setup.

Today it was on our TV, who shows F1 here in Slovenia, that Mercedes engine has only 850HP, and that his designer, Bernard Launders?, I am not sure about his surname, (he was at BMW two seasons ago), is already saying goodbye, he had a meeting today with Jurgen Hubert, and unofficialy, he is already out of the team, and Mario Illien will construct new engine. They`ve dropped Bernard, because he didn`t agree with Mario. That was on our tv, I can`t say it`s true, but I can`t say is false too.

I just hope that engine will be better soon, and much more reliable.

Date: March 22, 2004 03:02PM
As I wrote in another thread Werner Laurentz is most likely to get kicked out. After coming to Mercedes form BMW in 2003, he never got along with Mario Illian. They had two complitely different approaches towards engine design. This might explain the engine trouble Mercedes currently has.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 23, 2004 04:40AM
Yes Vader, you are right, Werner Laurentz is that name. I made a mistake, I just couldn`t remembered his name. :) Yes, Werner Laurentz is the right name.

Date: March 23, 2004 05:22AM
Posted by: Pooky
yeah 6000 rpm would mainly be in the redline for most road cars lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy