Winter testing accuracy...

Posted by Oleg 
Winter testing accuracy...
Date: March 09, 2004 11:14AM
Posted by: Oleg
...now that the first GP is over

*BAR had the speed over a single lap,pretty decent race pace
*Williams were slightly faster than BAR and had more consistant times during the longer runs
*Renault were not as quick on a single lap but was consistantly strong in the long stints,were the fastest team[due to Ferrari not testing the F2004 togther most of the time] under race conditions
*McLaren were not impressive during the long runs and had reliability problems
*Ferrari offered a sneak preview of what's to come in Melbourne at Imola having a simillar advantage
*Jaguar proved to be as quick as McLaren outright but overall weren't consistant
*Toyota lacked pace
*Bridgestone prooved to be the more consistant and better performing tyre during the long stints
*Michelins faded after a strong first lap and were generally slower than B'stone

It should be noted that Australia conditions couldn't have been simulated[higher temperatures] but still the testing provided an accurate picture of what was to come.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Re: Winter testing accuracy...
Date: March 09, 2004 11:16AM
Posted by: Pooky
you missed out sauber, jordan and minardi

Date: March 09, 2004 11:26AM
Posted by: Oleg
*Sauber was testing with a heavy fuel load most of the time in winter[according to Heinz Prüller] and didn't test the new B'stone tyres at Imola which hid their true potential,on longer runs solidly consitant.

*Jordan were a fair bit behind the rest and probably were the only team that surprised at Melbourne

*Minardi tested very little to make an acurate judgement

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: March 09, 2004 01:42PM
Posted by: bigears
I agree with your Jordan comments. They have improved a bit but of course wait and see.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: March 12, 2004 03:55PM
Posted by: McBain
I have a question for you Oleg. Were Sauber, Jordan and Minardi running the lastest spec Bridgestone tyres like Ferrari? Would be interesting as they didn't seem to be that fast at all either over a single lap or on the longer stints. I thought Sauber in particular should have been able to score points anyway.

"Ayrton Senna crosses the line, you can see his exultation he knows he is the world champion." -- Murrary Walker Suzuka 1988
Date: March 13, 2004 04:40AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
yeah oleg , "unfortunately " you´re right :(
That lap that Schumi did at imola was unreal ... Schumi did that time on race pace .... it was just unreal , to much faster than last´s year race pace

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy