Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2014 ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Carlitox 
Hmm dear, it really does seem with his idolism of Senna that he's inherited the "God given right to win".

It's a shame, he's such a brilliant racing driver but he does make himself difficult to like when he comes out with such cringeworthy stuff as this. He doesn't even really need to resort to crap like this, if we're honest he's had Rosberg pretty much comprehensively beaten so far this year. But like Gav infers his own attitude risks being his own undoing because his 'hissy fit' temperament really blunts his overall edge.

There's a reason that Button out scored him during their time together at McLaren, it's because half the time he was off sulking about Nicole or the rare occasion when Button was actually genuinely quicker.

And if he really refused to attend the team briefing yesterday, then more fool him because Rosberg is smart and will take anything learnt from that debrief and use it today in the race.

I do believe this is a pivotal moment in this season, and perhaps Hamilton's future. At the moment it's got the potential go either way;

a) He's either going to make a peach of a start, or otherwise drive around Rosberg at some point and take a sublime victory, after which confidence will simply build and build (dare I say the arrogance too)

b) Rosberg gets off into the lead, and finds a comfort zone. Hamilton gettys ratty when he finds that today he's not quick enough to close the gap, and comes further undone when the 'rub of the green' does not go his way and tries a desperate maneuver that doesn't work and ends up with a penalty on his license of which he'll dwell upon and let adversely affect his following performances.

It is a shame that the three best drivers in F1 today (Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton) have all developed a little bit of an attitude, it's partly why it's refreshing to see Ricciardo take the fight to Vettel, and it'd definitely be nice to see a new world champion this year. Which is why, I hope Rosberg takes it because he's the only one with anyway near a realistic chance of doing it this year.

I don't dislike either Hamilton, Vettel, or Alonso, I respect them all as racing drivers, but they do have the knack of being really annoying at times, but it could be worse... could be Maldonaldo with the knack of being really annoying all of the time. ;-)

I really don't see where such a hissy fit has taken place. Did you want him to jump out the car, pat Nico on the back and say 'jolly good show' and then in the press conference gush about how he was second best and Nico did the better job?

Of course he's going to be pretty livid (regardless of innocent mistake or not), I'd challenge any drivers not to be. I also know of nowhere where it has been confirmed that he didn't attend the post qualy debrief - so that for me is idol speculation though correct me if I'm wrong.

The Senna comment may be ill advised but when prompted by a journalist straight after qualifying I think it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I actually thought he handled it quite well, even if the Merc PR machine had a lot to do with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 10:04AM by FRESCO.
Well, this is a driver quite renowned for chucking his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way.

Remember when he took it upon himself to tweet confidential and sensitive telemetry simply because he could not believe that his own team-mate could be quicker than him at Spa?

Also who can forget..

and following the inevitable penalty..

Now, granted, this isn't strictly related to yesterdays 'incident' but it does illustrate his ability to let his temperament runaway at times.

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2014 ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 25, 2014 10:40AM
Posted by: gav
He didn't throw as hissy fit, he just sat there and sulked. He made it perfectly clear what he thought, but he admitted later (in the BBC interview, which would have been the last of his TV interviews) that he hadn't even seen the incident, so he was sulking for the sake of sulking. He's leading the championship, sat on the front row with a good chance of winning FFS!

What Hamilton needed to do was think "I've just forced Nico into a mistake, I've got to keep on applying the pressure, because now it's down to us, he's shown the first crack", but somehow he turned it into a negative thing all about him, and has put all of the pressure on himself.

If he doesn't win tomorrow (and let's face it, reliability aside, whoever gets into the first corner should win) he needs to win in Montreal, one of his strongest circuits. If, after Hamilton's stunning run of form and what happened yesterday, Nico beats him here and there, given Hamilton's past form, his head will be in tatters.

As for the Senna thing, since he arrived in GP2 he keeps on bleating on about Senna this and Senna that, how he sees a bit of Senna in himself and how he was a hero of his etc... did Hamilton actually watch any of Senna's career, or just a few highlights of Donny and Suzuka? Senna did what it took to win. That was it and everything else was secondary - personal life, public perception, political, loyalty - everything. He'd happily rant about this or that and say it as he saw it (and it was always a good listen), but he'd go out the next day or the next race and rub whoever's face that had annoyed him firmly in the dirt. It wasn't always fair, but for all he was happy to spit vitriol, Senna did all of his talking on the track. Well except in 1994... and he was on his way towards doing it on that fateful day as well. He was the least human and most human all at the same time. Hamilton just keeps on proving he's a tit.
If Pink's parade lap interview is anything to go by then he's still sulking, all I can say is... Ste Devote lap one is going to be interesting.

Plus Nico has had to have a clutch change. This should be juicy.

Sweet start from Nico!

Never seen a car spun into the outside guardrail at Mirabeau like that before.

Lol, Lewis still sulking on the car to pit radio.

This race basically sums Sutil up as a driver.

YES!! Go Nico!! Immaculate drive!

Wow net 9th for Bianchi, super stuff and here vines a sulky podium :p

Bianchi might just have made the entire season for Marussia. This will net good from Bernie's pile of cash.

Wow, Raikönnen that was really a passing move worthy of a world champion. You just lost all your rights to complain about other drivers for the rest of the season.

And probably the most strained smile on a podium to date this season...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Lewis constantly refusing to mention Nico by name. Wonder how long it'll be before he starts being like Bruninho and calling him #6.

And excellent result for Marussia. Thoroughly well deserved.

Date: May 25, 2014 04:17PM
Stunning stuff from Bianchi and Marussia. They've been fast all weekend and Bianchi might well have out-qualified Sauber if Sutil hadn't baulked him at the death.

Other than a couple of stroppy moments on the radio (the message about Ricciardo catching and Hamilton effectively saying "@#$%& him, what about Nico" was idiocy) I thought Hamilton looked more restrained on the podium than yesterday - less sulky and more controlled. Shame about his eye, but I couldn't see anything changing at the end.

EC83
This race basically sums Sutil up as a driver.

Nail and head. Some cracking overtakes only to bin it by himself. He is pretty special around here, and he was awesome to watch early on. I like Sutil as a driver (as he's a bit unorthodox) but he doesn't do himself any favours sometimes. Oh and he's a cock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 04:18PM by gav.
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lewis constantly refusing to mention Nico by name.
> Wonder how long it'll be before he starts being
> like Bruninho and calling him #6.

I thought he called him Nico, when he rejected the update on the gap to Ricciardo and wanted information on the gap to the lead?

Edit: I can see that Gav got the same impression...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 04:20PM by Morbid.
Did Bianchi serve that 2nd 5 sec penalty? I thought he had do a 2nd one as the first was under the safety car. Same for Gutierrez iirc.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lewis constantly refusing to mention Nico by
> name.
> > Wonder how long it'll be before he starts being
> > like Bruninho and calling him #6.
>
> I thought he called him Nico, when he rejected the
> update on the gap to Ricciardo and wanted
> information on the gap to the lead?

Ah yes, he did on the team radio, right enough. My bad there.

Every other time recently he's immaturely refused to mention him by name though. So my point stands.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 03:01AM by EC83.
Date: May 25, 2014 04:21PM
Epic comment from Toto Wolff to start with. "We need to buy a crystal ball".

Don't know why Hamilton is complaining. Rosberg would still have had the first call, so unless Hamilton was going to park on top of Rosberg...
Hamilton requested to pit some laps earlier, but was told to stay out as there was traffic in the pit window. Had the team let him pit, he would have been in the lead after the safety car as he would not have needed to pit with the others. But without another safety car it would have bit him in the rear later on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy