MASSA/BURTI NEWS

Posted by Pooky 
MASSA/BURTI NEWS
Date: February 06, 2003 07:05AM
Posted by: Pooky

Ferrari confirms Massa.

As has become more and more expected in recent days, Felipe Massa has indeed joined Ferrari to partner Luca Badoer on the team's testing strength.

A short statement issued by the team this morning [Thursday] has pre-empted the expected unveiling of Massa at tomorrow's pre-season launch at Fiorano, and follows hot on the heels of two revelations in the past week. First, Massa lost out in the race to partner Giancarlo Fisichella at Jordan, with Britain's Ralph Firman getting the job, then Luciano Burti announced that he would be standing down from his role with Ferrari, opening up the way for his fellow Brazilian to partner Badoer.

"Ferrari announces that it signed an agreement with the driver Felipe Massa that will join Scuderia Ferrari for the 2003 race season, as a test driver, working alongside test driver Luca Badoer," the Scuderia's statement read.

It is widely believed that Massa was placed with Sauber by Ferrari in 2002, after the Maranello concern watched with interest as he won the 2001 Euro F3000 title. Although his debut season in the top flight did not go as well as had been hoped for the youngster - Massa is still only 22 - Ferrari has still got its man.

Burti is expected to announce his own plans for a return to competition later this month.
Re: MASSA/BURTI NEWS
Date: February 06, 2003 07:16AM
Posted by: Ellis
Ferrari willnow have to make twice as many cars to compensate for the ammount of times Massa sticks them in a tyre barriers.

Villenuve once said when following massa he was quite scared because it looks like he was going off every corner. He doesnt ease the car into a corner, like a normal driver. He suddenly forces it through.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 06, 2003 07:21AM
Posted by: Vader
Will be massave costs for Ferrari now. Just one question - if he is into italian sports cars, why Ferrari and not Massarati?

Post Edited (02-06-03 14:22)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 06, 2003 07:45AM
:|

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 06, 2003 07:50AM
Your smilie looks somewhat tense - does it need a massage?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 06, 2003 08:06AM
:| ARGH ATOP NOW! SPARE ME! ;)

Date: February 06, 2003 08:35AM
Posted by: Zcott
No, Massa will learn how to drive consistently this year! By next year, he'll be fast *and* consistent.

Date: February 06, 2003 08:52AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I agree. Can't wait to see him in 2004!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 06, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: daveb
.. drining in palce of mr. m schumacher

Date: February 06, 2003 11:26AM
the prospect of massa testing alongside 5 time world champ. shcuey will be great.

when verstappen was in his first year in f1, he was alongside mschuey at bennetton and mschuey took verstappen on and really gave him his advice and help - to this day they are still great friends.

so i think, mschuey will take massa under his wing as a younger brother so to speak, and gelp him progress as a driver.

i am adament that after this years testing, massa will not only be lightning quick still (he is now!) but will bring consitency as well.

you mark my words.
Date: February 06, 2003 01:43PM
Throwing away your car every lap is some kind of consistency, too.

Man, this will be a massacre

Post Edited (02-06-03 20:47)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 06, 2003 03:25PM
Posted by: thx1138
I agree, this is disaster in the making. EJ must have wanted a considerable amount of money from Petrobras and Ford of Brasil to replace all the wreckage during the 2003 season.

On the other hand Burti destroyed many a car but I'm not sure if he destroyed any Ferraris. Actaully I think he might have. Anyone remember?
Date: February 06, 2003 03:38PM
Posted by: LS.
when verstappen was in his first year in f1, he was alongside mschuey at bennetton and mschuey took verstappen on and really gave him his advice and help

so that explains interlagos 2001 when race leader JPM lapped " the boss" and was subsequently rammed off at the next corner :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 07, 2003 05:09AM
well i know what u are saying but i am sure u undertand what i am talking about.

stappy ran into the back of montoya- and it was inexscusable.
as long as he learnt from that and it never happens again we can forgive him.

Date: February 07, 2003 05:31AM
he means that Michael gave Jos advice...and a few years alater, Jos rammed JPM

Date: February 07, 2003 06:57AM
ha ha, yes thats what i was saying.

no, seriously tho, why would todt, brawn, and especially montezemolo hire massa on a long term contract if they thourght he was going to crash all the time.

and talking about him crashing, in his first season in F1, in the footsteps of kimi, after previously winning 3 championships in a row, he did NOT crash that much. think of the pressure on him. and he had quick nick as a team mate.

to of outqualified him, and sometime out raced him (remember hockenhiem - he was ordered to let nick pass who went on to score a point, massa was in 7th) he did a pretty remarkable job.

obviously ferrari saw the huge potential in him, and are prepared to groom him to become a world champion one day. if i were montezemelo i would have done the same thing, altho i would have hired Fisico instead of barichello, or even hired fisico after his first time at jordan and replaced irvine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy