> I don't like Alonso one bit. But he is driving
> exceptionally well this season. There is no way he
> should be leading the championship at this point
> in time. The only reason for his WDC leadership
> was incredible racecraft earlier in the season,
> when the car was a sh!tbox. If he can keep this
> form going we might be witnessing the evolution of
> something truly scary....

...the alonso from the first half of 2006 ??? boy that was hardcore stuff. he had 84 points after 9 races !!! it equals 204 points now, after 9 races. Ironically this is exactly the points vettel had after 9 races last year.
still, i cant help a feeling, that had schumacher not have the problems throughout the opening 6 races + canada, he would have been right up there. Unlike rosberg.

p.s. yes, i am a schuey fanboy so... it all might be a bit subjective a.k.a biased.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 10:06PM by mitadumapaga.
Re: 2012 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 23, 2012 10:35PM
Posted by: gav
You do realise that this isn't a Schumacher fanboy forum and you are allowed to people unrelated to him, right?
Date: July 24, 2012 12:21AM
Posted by: danm
Tell me about it mittens-spangoolichops-pandapoos-dumapaga!

I can't help but imagine if Alesi had not just accepted the life extension programme from vanilla sky if it was in real life (but not be friends with tom cruise in real life as that would be more than enough distractions, especially with the whole scientology thing, not to mention being partially attracted to his wife, sorry, ex wife katie holmes what with his french charm and all).

I can just imagine if he had not driven for any of the teams he did, went straight to williams in 92, switched to benetton for 94 and 95, THEN moved to ferrari when it counted, we'd be seeing a quadruple world champion at the very least. It it wasnt for those damn problems in the first 6 years of his career.

I too am a bit of an Alesi fanboy, and also would make me biased and subjective.

Jejejejejje! ;)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I quickly knocked this up on Photoshop...

...suits him, I think. ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 24, 2012 10:19AM
Posted by: gav
Danm, I love Alesi (that also works as "Damn, I love Alesi";), but he wasn't the stunning driver we all felt in the early 90s. He was good, but he always was on par with Berger - neither were fantastic. The Pirelli tyres made him look better and he might have been a match for Mansell (we all know Mansell wasn't the most gifted either, he was a grafter, someone I think Alonso has a lot in common with), so he might have got a world championship in 1992 in that Williams, and possibly 1993 when Prost wasn't at the top of his game, but only because it was the class of the field. Had Senna partnered him in 1994 and Imola hadn't happened, he would have annihilated him in much the same way Prost did at Ferrari.

I think Kobayashi is very much a modern day Alesi. He'll never realistically win anything major, but given a top car, he'd be cracking entertainment as a number 2 driver.
Date: July 25, 2012 01:41AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
ppl go on about lewis should have won more championships by now but same could be said of alonso. he should be 3 time world champ by now. 2010. Possibly 4 times this year. all ifs and buts.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy