Confederations Cup 2009

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: Confederations Cup 2009
Date: June 25, 2009 03:24PM
Posted by: MrMan
Just add an "O'" before it and the authorities will be convinced...What is it with Kent? Both Cascarino and Townsend were born there? Good Irish boys.

Nice to see Spain lose, the US completely upstaged them.

Date: June 25, 2009 04:34PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Not even any need, Donovan is an Irish name as it is, from the Irish Ó Donnabháin...Andy Townsend at least had an Irish grandmother or some Irish blood in him, Cascarino on the other hand was about as Irish as Mao Tse-tung, somehow got away with playing for Ireland! ;)
Date: June 25, 2009 05:28PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahahahahaha
Date: June 25, 2009 10:58PM
Too close for comfort :o !

South Africa 0x1 Brasil, goal scored by Daniel Alves on a very late 2nd half free-kick! Dunga must give Alexandre Pato and Nilmar a chance, the game against the US will be tough and very physical from their side, if Brazil relies on counter-attacks we'll get nowhere, we have to be offensive and play on the US' half if we want to win and win well.
Date: June 28, 2009 10:37PM
Posted by: ptclaus98
I hate you Gui. ;)

Lucky Seven Motorsport ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Drivers
Ross -the Rainmeister- Cartwright ***Winner-Zandvoort***
Keeley -GPGSL's sexiest member- Grant
Tester
Randy -The getting drunk in the motorhome-meister- Winston
Date: June 29, 2009 02:57AM
;)

You don't know how worried I was.... 1st half we were nowhere! I was going crazy with Lúcio, Maicon, Gilberto Silva, Robinho's passes and Luis Fabiano being useless! Lúcio left Dempsey with too much room, Maicon apparently forgot how to play and all he could do was run and as soon as the ball got to him he'd launch it into the box despite no one being there! Gilberto Silva is too slow and too inaccurate under pressure, Robinho was a major ballhog who gave away balls due to his lazy passes, and Luis Fabiano was his usual isolated self who could only complain!

For the 2nd half at least Dunga replaced André Santos with someone else, even if Daniel Alves was only kicking the ball 20 meters above goal he was at least putting pressure. Robinho finally clicked and was getting shots. Lúcio redeemed himself with a goal, Kaká scored on a header but the ref didn't see it (a major thing had Brazil not won! FIFA needs chips in the balls), and the undeserving Luis Fabiano scored twice.

The US played very well, definitely far superior to their own level, was like Germany in the 2006 WC, just overcoming themselves and this 2nd place is extremely well deserved. I hope they carry on this form and start to play with a more technical, offensive mentality. Brazil closely escaped... now we need to win the World Cup but Dunga seriously has to consider replacing his usual guys. Luis Fabiano missed incredible chances the whole cup and a goal no one should miss on the final. Alexandre Pato and Nilmar over him any day!

Phew ;)
Date: June 29, 2009 03:01AM
Also:

ESPN changed the channel of the broadcast for the 2nd time in the cup!!! hot! The Spain x New Zealand game was to be on ESPN2 but moved to ESPN without warning. The final was scheduled for 2 but moved to 1! Luckily I got to watch it live at the party I was at otherwise I'd have been severely upset as my DVR recorded 3 hours of poker, not soccer!

[/rant]
Date: June 29, 2009 02:11PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Jaysus, I haven't seen that smiley fella lepping out of the flames in years. How do ya get him again?
Date: June 29, 2009 04:22PM
: - ( (
Date: July 02, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: PIQUETFAN
AQUI É BRASIL PORRA!!!! OS GRINGU SI FUDEU MANO!!!!!! 3 A 2 PRA NÓIS MALUCO!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy