Milan vs Liverpool

Posted by assadof1 
Re: Milan vs Liverpool
Date: May 19, 2007 07:29PM
Posted by: matt3454
Milan have learnt their lesson from 2005. I fancy Milan to win. But being English i want the scouses to win.

Actually i don't care who wins.

Date: May 20, 2007 12:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Liverpool must be hoping that Dida and Kalac get hurt so they get to face Stotari or whatever the name of the 3rd goalie is ;)
Date: May 23, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Omg,, the real BORING as always Ac Milan won again.. I thought they changed there gameplay, like they did against Manu.. But this.... BORING!!

Magic Senna
Date: May 24, 2007 09:24AM
Posted by: assadof1
FORAZAAAAAAAAAA MILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN....
i am sure that milan suck in this match but that is not mean that liverpool play
better both are suck but as we know italian always suck at the finaly matchs
as in the world cup but the score is what they need and this is how it happend
beside it's enough for me the kinda of play that they show it against bayren and man utd....... great work pipo and great to see maldini with holding that
cup after we missing him at the world cup.....

speed freak
Date: May 24, 2007 10:59AM
Posted by: Enjoi
well done to Milan. I thought Liverpool played better overall but they wasted too many chances, Milan took theirs! I was happy that we managed to score a goal in the end but I think Milan deserved the cup after being the better team in '05 :P

Ric Scott
Date: May 24, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: Muks_C
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

not that i care about it, but i'd liked to have seen an English team win. it's just hilarious watching all the Liverpool supporters making excuses. i was working in a bar last night where the game was shown on the big screen, and the excuses were in full flow.

"the ref's been nobbled"

"he picked the wrong players"

"oh well, at least the ref made some money out of it..."

why can't they just accept they played crap and lost? it's always everybody elses fault except for the players on the pitch.

and there was a lot of racist comments, "f-ing I-ties" and all that kind of thing, disgusting.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 12:27PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 24, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: assadof1
yes i agree that liverpool played a bit better then milan... milan was suck
but this is the italian football style.... glad to see them win again beside
now they have enough money to get some good players as the team need alot work
and alot of new blood.. henry, ronaldinho, buffon, shevchenko all of them are
a good chooses hope they can get unless one of those especially henry.

speed freak
Date: May 24, 2007 10:19PM
Greek police complained a lot about the British fans.

Nice one, hooligans
Date: May 24, 2007 10:40PM
Posted by: mschumi
Yeah, british fans are awful...they take football way to serious, they should've beaten the liverpool team, not the other supporters...

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: May 24, 2007 11:15PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I wouldn't say british fans are awful...theres just a minority that give us a bad reputation, most of us are nice :P I dunno if you could call them fans though.

I heard a lot of the trouble started when fans couldn't get in because they said the stadium was full even though there were people with tickets trying to get in, still...its no excuse to start fights..

Ric Scott
Date: May 24, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: TC
Well, it probably would have gone smoother if they let the liverpool fans that bought legal tickets into the stadium.
Somehow we manage to play 10 games a week in england and get through them without a single problem, even in most games with big rivalries. So in my opinion it says alot for the organisation and policing of events in the rest of europe.
Date: May 25, 2007 12:17AM
Posted by: Muks_C
but there's also the fact that some fans just wanna fight with other nationalities, so it doesn't happen during our normal league games here.

true there were problems with fans not being allowed in despite having tickets, but then some Liverpool fans were charging at the gates to try to get in, and snatching tickets off children while they held them in their hands to show the person at the gate.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 25, 2007 08:59AM
Some people are just brain challenged and all they can do is find trouble, they're not fans.

Notice it's a bunch of hooligans attacking a single Milan fan, wearing Kaká's Brazilian jersey. So fair...
Date: May 25, 2007 09:47AM
Posted by: gav
We played well. No one excelled themselves (except perhaps Pennant and Mascherano), but as a team no single player really went unnoticed, which is in complete contrast to Milan, where it seemed several of their players barely bothered turning up.

In the end their quality in front of goal showed - they were so much more direct and clinical going forward. Overall we were the better team, but some of them simply out-performed us where is mattered.

I wasn't upset about it - the wrong team won in Istanbul (awesome as it was :D), and perhaps the wrong team won on Wednesday. It evens itself out. At the start of the season I'd have taken finishing the season in Athens, and we beat what are supposedly some of the worlds top teams in the process.

Congrats to Milan - deserved winners. :)

Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Notice it's a bunch of hooligans attacking a
> single Milan fan, wearing Kaká's Brazilian
> jersey. So fair...

And so fair to judge. This apparent fan could have smacked an opposing fan over the head with a chair for all you know. Also take note of the other Milan fans...?

The fact is, England has a reputation for hooliganism. It doesn't mean it happens. It never does here. It rarely happens abroad. When it does happen it's always blown out of all proportion. It's almost taken for granted in Italy, Spain and some of the... more passionate (choosing words carefully) corners of Europe, as well as South America and Africa. I don't know whether we're seen as easy targets or if the reputation gets into the heads of one set of the supporters, but it's funny how it only ever happens when we go abroad...
Date: May 25, 2007 11:07AM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Italy and Spain have the most Hooligans.. And most of them are Racist hooligans.. So dont start about england fans are awfull.. sure.. that why they sit 1 meter away from the pitch..

Magic Senna
Date: May 25, 2007 07:17PM
Posted by: Marco1
Are some of you really this ignorant? Or simply unable to see the facts?

a) Parts of the Milan team didnt show up on wednesday, yet they still won. The pedigree on the Milan side far outwayed liverpool. I feel bad for liverpool fans btw. Their owner George Gillet has no idea how to win a championship, being a fan of a hockey team he owns (Montreal Canadiens) I can tell you its all downhill from here.
b) Milan were always going to win the champions league this year, They had a flawless run and show some disorganization in the finals but not enough to stop them from winning
c) About hooliganisms. Having been to a number of football matches in my life time I think I have stumbled onto the reason why English fans get such a bad rap. "Beer + their Mouths = Bad Rap" Is the equation that seems to sum up English fans the best. No where in the entire world (IMO) are there fans that voice flagrant, biased opinions with such complete ignorance and disregard for people around them like fans of english football. They are loud, rude and completely unashamed of their usage of disrespectful remarks. To make it worse, when beer is involved the level of disrespect to their fellow man is hightened. There are other football leagues in the world, of better or worse quality is subjective. However, english fans will have you know (even in the presence of children) that their brand is *bleepin the best and *bleepin nothing is better! I find the above comments that Italian and Spanish football is more rascist then english football to be completely ludicrus and insulting. Rascism in all forms lives and thrives everywhere in this world sadly. Ignorant and rude comments prevail in EPL stadiums all the time, maybe some of you should get up off your couch walk over to your local stadium purchase a ticket and hear them for youselves, rather than make quick judgements on other cultures.

The ingestion of overpriced beer - mixed with utter disrespect is what gives the british a bad rap. Recently I was at a football match in Canada. A fan, wearing a red England Jersey, with a London accent, began a rant "Bloody striker can't hit the Net, He Must be Italian (the individual in question was portuguese)" - a comment this small, to some is rascist. Before you accuse people of being rascist, look at yourselves. Look at how you disrespect people of differing cultures all the time. Whether it be in a stadium, on the street, your overzealous commentators claiming that the English team should have won. It's a pitty!

Congrats to Milan for a Job well done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 09:21PM by Marco1.
Date: May 25, 2007 08:22PM
Posted by: Nickv
I watched it in a Polish bar with friends and it was great! I supported Milan ('cause I play FIFA with them :P) and I am very 'appy :P
Date: May 25, 2007 09:32PM
Posted by: gav
Marco1 Wrote:
> Are some of you really this ignorant? Or simply
> unable to see the facts?

Blinkered view if ever I saw one? Yet later you go on saying the English are single-minded and ignorant... :P

Marco1 Wrote:
> a) Parts of the Milan team didnt show up on
> wednesday, yet they still won. The pedigree on the
> Milan side far outwayed liverpool. I feel bad for
> liverpool fans btw. Their owner George Gillet has
> no idea how to win a championship, being a fan of
> a hockey team he owns (Montreal Canadiens) I can
> tell you its all downhill from here.

Liverpool have joint owners and are leaving up to the management to run the club. Rick Parry is still the main man, he just doesn't have the financial say any more. I agree that some sparks of Milan were better than some of Liverpool, but I don't think you could argue Liverpool were the better team on the night and it just never broke their way (the opposite to 2005 when Milan were the better team). I'm sure Liverpool would rather have Gerrard than any of the Milan players... only Nesta really comes close now (though I'm a massive Gattuso fan too) ;-)

Marco1 Wrote:
> b) Milan were always going to win the champions
> league this year, They had a flawless run and show
> some disorganization in the finals but not enough
> to stop them from winning

You'll probably find most teams that get the final had a pretty flawless run... remember how lucky you were to be in the Champions League at all though - was almost inevitable you'd win given the circumstances. :)

Marco1 Wrote:
> Rascism in all forms lives and thrives
> everywhere in this world sadly. Ignorant and rude
> comments prevail in EPL stadiums all the time,
> maybe some of you should get up off your couch
> walk over to your local stadium purchase a ticket
> and hear them for youselves, rather than make
> quick judgements on other cultures.

You assume we haven't been to football matches? I think it's fair to say the best away supporters I've ever seen have been Turkish ones who visited Newcastle last year. They were awesome. So much noise, and despite the very nature of their reputation, mixed with ours, there was no trouble at all. Just wonderfully harmonious. Of course there's a few loud-mouthed louts, but you get them in every country - you'd have to be off your head to suggest your country doesn't have any at your average decent-level matches either.
Date: May 25, 2007 11:05PM
Posted by: TC
Marco1 Wrote:
> Ignorant and rude
> comments prevail in EPL stadiums all the time,
> maybe some of you should get up off your couch
> walk over to your local stadium purchase a ticket
> and hear them for youselves, rather than make
> quick judgements on other cultures.

I have been buying a season ticket to a premiership club (and championship... they move about alot) for 10 years but have never heard such comments where I sit, nor have I seen a fight at the game and we have some pretty big rivalries.
Date: May 26, 2007 02:17AM
I want to point out that I posted that picture because I saw on a online newspaper and wanted to show that unfortunately things weren't all nice and perfect. It's not a dig at the British or anything, just reporting something that happened.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy