Posted by Covfan 
Football sucks
Date: November 07, 2006 04:11AM
Posted by: Covfan
It's official!
Re: Football sucks
Date: November 07, 2006 05:58AM
Posted by: Guimengo
fully disagree, best sport ever to play!
Date: November 07, 2006 06:34AM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
"aussie rules" football i think he means.
Date: November 07, 2006 06:42AM
Posted by: gareth
Football has it's moments. When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad, it's horrendous.

It's a sport (in my opion) ruined by, in order of importance:
1. Girly men falling down at the lightest tough as though they'd been shot by a cannon
2. Too much money. What some of those guys a week earn is obscene, and the club's constant pursuit of cash to the detriment of their players and the standard of footy is wrong.
3. Goals that are too small. An increase of something as small as 10cm in width and height I think could make for more scores, and in particular more spectacular long range shots. I can think of few things more satisfying than a 0-0 draw.

Thus concludes Gareth's highly un-educated thoughts on football- don't get me started on rugby :)

But that's the professional game- Gui's right, it is a bit of fun to play!
Date: November 07, 2006 07:06AM
I say just have stricter refs (not with normal arguing by players on plays, but when it's abuse give the yellows ;-)) as that will prevent the good players from being removed from the game by fouls, as the "horses" (what I call skilless defenders ;)) will get punished early on for their lack of ability and contribution to the detriment of the game. Then the rest should work itself out, warns the dives but don't go crazy on carding as sometimes refs give cards to players when they indeed suffered a foul ;-). And I agree about too much money, it's amazing how the clubs can manage to keep their checkbooks alright in Europe!
Date: November 07, 2006 10:11AM
Posted by: LS.
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's official!

I think whilst you can can turn around from despair to the heights of ectasy in literally seconds whilst watching football, then it most definately doesnt suck.

you have to take the rough with the smooth.

sure it can be a bitch, but it can be awesome.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 07, 2006 10:28AM
Posted by: matt3454
Stoke 1-0 Coventry?

Date: November 07, 2006 01:52PM
Posted by: Covfan
LS. Wrote:
> Covfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's official!
>
>
> I think whilst you can can turn around from
> despair to the heights of ectasy in literally
> seconds whilst watching football, then it most
> definately doesnt suck.
>
> you have to take the rough with the smooth.
>
>
> sure it can be a bitch, but it can be awesome.

ectasy? What's that? Remember, I do support Coventry
Date: November 07, 2006 05:41PM
oh yeah i forgot ;-)

you won the FA cup in 1987 what more do you want? ;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 07, 2006 08:08PM
Posted by: gav
A football team?
Date: November 07, 2006 08:25PM
hahahahahahahahaha
Date: November 07, 2006 11:14PM
Posted by: gareth
I'm a Leeds fan :(

I think I need a new football more than you!
Date: November 07, 2006 11:32PM
Posted by: matt3454
What's more funny? Southend (bottom of the Championship) beat Man Utd (top of the Premiership) 1-0. Man Utd also fielded a team which 10 of them have international caps

hahahahahahah

Date: November 08, 2006 12:45AM
Posted by: senninho
What a game - i live a 10 minute walk from Roots Hall, and can hear people coming back from the game and celebrating now. It'll be interesting to see how many people are hung over at work tomorrow :)

Seriously though, i don't know what went wrong for Man U - we shouldn't have had a chance against them, but i think we only needed a little bit of luck to pull it off; the rest was sheer determination and one hell of a keeper :)

Date: November 08, 2006 01:08AM
Southend played out of their skins for sure, they definately raised there game for 90 mins

They contested every ball and their work rate was outstanding

They'll have tired legs tomorrow but what a scalp!! shame they are bottom of their current league, on that display they deserved better.

In uniteds defense all i can say is that Southend wanted it more, they put men behind every ball and man marked for 90 mins, there work rate paid off and it seemed at times they had more men on the pitch than Man Utd.

There was little in it apart from the set piece, but hats off to Southend for putting on a performance most premiership teams would be proud of.

They stifled united and would'nt let them play their natural game, and united seemed to dwell on the ball too much at times & tried to be too creative when shots on target would've been more beneficial

Back down to earth with a bump for Fergie after yesterdays celebrations of 20 years in charge at Old Trafford.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 09, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: matthewp
Yeah nice one Southend on beating the Manure! Didn't see it though unfortunately. Eastwood is a quality player seen him against Swansea a few times (we came up from league 2 with Southend and came within a penalty shootout of joining them with successive promotions) I think someone should give him a chance in the prem.
I thought Fergie's comment that "he'll probably never score another goal like that in his life" was so patronising, has he ever seen the guy play!? according to Southend fans he's already scored 3 like it this season!

Date: November 10, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: gav
Haven't seen that quote, but I guess Fergie meant by scoring against Man U?
Date: November 10, 2006 05:06PM
Posted by: matthewp

Haven't seen that quote, but I guess Fergie meant by scoring against Man U?

no he meant that it was a great free kick

Date: November 10, 2006 06:29PM
in the papers the day after, his team mates were saying they were suprised he wanted to take the free kick, apparently in training he over hits the ball so often that his teammates usually run out of the way.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 11, 2006 12:48AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
LS. Wrote:
> oh yeah i forgot ;-)
>
>
> you won the FA cup in 1987 what more do you want?
> ;)

He wasn't alive for that though :p

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy