Re: France Vs Cheats Semi Final
Date: July 06, 2006 12:44AM
Posted by: LS.
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> It's really annoying so many dives and in the end it only hurts
> because if something does actually happen the referee will be inclined
> not to give the foul.

How much longer are we going to have to wait for video replays at this highest level of Football?

I've yet to hear a convincing enough argument against it, it works in cricket and Rugby.

I'm sure that with todays split second digital replays something can be done without running down the clock, most extra time added is due to a play feining injury when hes not really injured

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 06, 2006 01:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
if FIFA would at least implement the chip in the ball and spray to mark the ball position and the barrier..
Date: July 06, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: gav
LS. Wrote:
> How much longer are we going to have to wait for video replays at this
> highest level of Football?

I wouldn't have video replays for diving, or even free kicks during the match - but would punish 'simulation' afterwards with an automatic 1 match ban per dive. That'll soon stop it.
Date: July 06, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
That match made me sick. To think that England lost to a team who will do anything to get a penalty.

Something needs to be done about this diving crap. Now. I don't give a damn if the ref is unsure, some of the moves by the Portugese were ridiculous. Send one of them off and that'll make them think about it.

Portugal played a crap match, they have nothing in the attack, their best chance was Barthez's fumble, but hey, they couldn't even convert an easy chance such as that.

I've no idea what was wrong with Miguel. He fell over and went crying off the pitch.

n00b ;)
Date: July 06, 2006 12:53PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
thierry henry should be ashamed of himself. i hope feels guilty for his blatent cheating. he is total scum. the michael schumacher or football (anything to win).
Date: July 06, 2006 01:27PM
Posted by: Muks_C
anyone who dives should be shot in the knee-cap. that'll give him something to cry and complain about.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 06, 2006 04:22PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
Well I´m happy the Portugese are out at last....Such a arrogant and unfair bunch of ********. Especially Ronaldo. It began with that Warlike Throwup of a game versus the Netherlands. Went on against england (a game in which they werent able to control 10 englishmen and let the Three Lions dominate them...just to win by penalty shooting).
But finally France stopped them. I totally agree about the diving of Ronaldo and others. But I dont agree about a comment about Henry´s *dive*. As he was clearly fouled , yet he regained balance and THEN decided to take the dive ...so in my book that was justified. But diving around when no one touches you (like Ronaldo likes to do) is bullshit.

And I´d be happy if France would win the Final as well..... ALLEZ LES BLEUS
Date: July 06, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
he did got hit, the dive was overreacted, but thats normal these days in football

Magic Senna
Date: July 06, 2006 06:54PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Where did Henry dive? That was a clear penalty on him...
Date: July 06, 2006 06:54PM

;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 06, 2006 06:56PM
Posted by: Paco
ROFLMAO! :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 06, 2006 07:06PM
Joe_Satriani schreef:
> Where did Henry dive? That was a clear penalty on him...
>
>

well he did dive when he was hit, but it was clear a penalty!!

Magic Senna
Date: July 06, 2006 08:00PM
Henry lost my respect with his comment about Brazilians. "Brazilians are only so good because they don't have to go to school." If he only had an idea of how it is to have 40% of the population to live in extreme poverty and only 20% being above poverty, he should have learned better from someone living in 'developed countries'
Date: July 06, 2006 08:27PM
Posted by: Paco
did he really say that? :o

i used to think he was a bit arrogant, now i know he's just plain stupid.

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 06, 2006 09:40PM
Posted by: Muks_C
it's bad for Henry to say that.

heard some suggestion sabout what to do with the divers, either send them to the sinbin for 5 minutes, or give them a Pink card or make them wear a pink armband if they are caught diving.

what about Owen, didn't he dive a couple of times in the '98 tournament to get England a couple of penalties?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 06, 2006 10:47PM
It's the rule to give a yellow card to a player who dives.

One thing that has to be treated with lots of attention is when a player just falls for lack of balance during a play or a tackle, but the blatant dives should always get a card (Pauleta in a play where he could have gotten the ball in great position, Ronaldo in a few different times ;), Figo, that sub forward, Henry,...)
Date: July 06, 2006 11:17PM
"Brazilians are only so good because they don't have to go to school."

True :)
Henry is absolute right..

If you have a lot of time to play with a ball, yeah can get really good..

Lots of players are from poor families and discovered on the street!.

Magic Senna
Date: July 06, 2006 11:19PM
coming from a big country always helps too, having a big populous that has football as a national game means there are more chances of having better players with natural talent

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 07, 2006 12:01AM
But the way he said was derogatory to people, especially those who don't have a chance to go to school. You guys don't know the conditions here, Henry is a stupid rich boy
Date: July 07, 2006 10:47AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's not his fault he was born as a Frenchman, just like it's not your fault your Brazilian. If you could choose what country you were born to, then 3/4 of the world's nations would a population of roughly 0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy