Marco Simoncelli motogp

Posted by samson 
Re: Marco Simoncelli motogp
Date: October 25, 2011 04:36PM
Posted by: Morbid
Funny how every time andreigp4 gets moderated he completely drops the pacifier and goes on a ranting spree.

Perhaps it is time you stop taking yourself so seriously, and realize that there are other people on the planet too, hmmm?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 25, 2011 09:17PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Date: October 25, 2011 09:49PM
Posted by: gav
Some way of paying your respects, celebrating the life of Simonchelli or even discussing the accident.

All Vader was doing was pointing out the copyright rules and asking that they weren't abused. If you want to complain about those rules, then go and make a thread for it.
Date: October 25, 2011 10:40PM
You are good with personal attacks using cartoons, andreigp4, but where is your common sense? Where is your decency? What should have been a thread of mourning and tribute has become a childish mess, because you cannot accept being moderated.

Who is really the drama queen, when you react to being moderated with demands that the entire reason for this site's existence has to be shut down, lest the moderators have inflicted a travesty of justice upon you: "What, you dare moderate me!?!?! I demand that all the GP3 and GP4 modding threads be shut down now!!"

Everything is not about you, and you are not that important. Get over yourself, so everybody else can get on with paying their respects.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 12:32AM by Morbid.
Date: October 26, 2011 08:51AM
Posted by: andreigp4
Dude ffs...I'm not bothered about being moderated, just to clear things out. I said, between the lines, that this copyright thing is really ambiguous: if you moderate a video then why don't you moderate a logo?. And by the way, just to write it down on your andreigp4edia.org -seems like you're indexing my posts, I got moderated 1 time! 1 time Morbid! Even if I'm moderated 24 hrs/day I'll still log on to check the GP4 topics... But it's the last time I'm going to answer your (Morbid) posts directly. Enjoy your childhood!

But then again, aren't we all kids...God's kids!

RIP Marco!

Hope this never happens again!

____
Date: October 26, 2011 10:44AM
andreigp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But it's the last time I'm going to
> answer your (Morbid) posts directly.

What a blessing. Thank you. (B)

Date: October 26, 2011 09:28PM
Posted by: Carlitox
This is a video which shows the immediate moments after Simoncelli's accident. Bearing in mind the andreigp4/Morbid cold war, I won't put the video directly.

If you want to watch it write /watch?v=jRy8nPgPKlA after YouTube's URL.

It shows little efectiveness of the rescue services at the track.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: October 26, 2011 11:33PM
Yup, it's shocking.

What makes it all the more sad is that the guy who turns up on the scooter at 0:26 is Paolo Simoncelli, Marco's father.

To his enormous credit, he has refused to specifically criticise the marshals for their calamitous actions, saying Marco was already dead. I don't know if I'd have the self discipline to do that at the time never mind later, so it speaks volumes of him and apparently the way Marco was brought up (regardless of what people think of his on-track actions, I've not heard anyone say anything negative of him off it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 11:34PM by gav.
Date: October 27, 2011 12:04AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup, it's shocking.
>
> What makes it all the more sad is that the guy who
> turns up on the scooter at 0:26 is Paolo
> Simoncelli, Marco's father.
>
> To his enormous credit, he has refused to
> specifically criticise the marshals for their
> calamitous actions, saying Marco was already dead.
> I don't know if I'd have the self discipline to do
> that at the time never mind later, so it speaks
> volumes of him and apparently the way Marco was
> brought up (regardless of what people think of his
> on-track actions, I've not heard anyone say
> anything negative of him off it).

What were his on track actions? Not being a follower I didn't know what he was like as a racer...
Date: October 27, 2011 12:23AM
He had a bit of an ontrack attitude. All arms and legs (mainly due to his height), and he didn't seem to care how he overtook someone or kept them behind. He made a few high-profile enemies (Lorenzo and Pedrosa in particular) and ruined the races of others in a couple of cases by taking them out accidentally.

But to those who enjoyed the entertainment, he was great for the sport. Constantly mixing it with the big boys, giving it his all all the time, it was natural for the neutral fan to be drawn to him. It's easy to see reading some forums just how loved he was and what people thought he brought to the sport. Clearly it's not all remorse and pussy-footing - people genuinely liked this relatively new guy who made it his job to upset the apple-cart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2011 12:23AM by gav.
Date: October 27, 2011 04:38PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Paolo's words were truly quite amazing and an inspiration.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 04, 2011 01:35AM
Posted by: loren
Wow, that video is horrifying. Who the hell organizes the medical people for MotoGP? Anyone with 5 minutes of first aid training should know not to RUN with a person with a likely neck injury.
Date: November 04, 2011 02:03AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The world isn't funny at the moment. Simoncelli died about a week after Wheldon and now, just a couple days over a week later my best childhood friend has died as a result from a motorcycle accident. Two terrible things about this:

1- My family lives back home in BR, yesterday I decided to write to my mom and say hi but I jokingly wrote "salutations from your favorite son, just want to inform you I am still alive."
2- I was perusing my facebook messages and thought about writing a message back to my friend, not anyone else in the inbox but him.

Sigh.
Date: November 04, 2011 07:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I'm sorry to hear that Gui.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy