Aston Martin LMP1

Posted by DaveEllis 
Aston Martin LMP1
Date: January 27, 2009 01:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Signalling ongoing commitment to motorsport, in addition to the Le Mans 24 hour race, Aston Martin Racing will also compete throughout the year in the Le Mans Series (LMS), which opens with the 1000 km de Catalunya on the 5th of April.

Aston Martin Racing Works drivers, Jan Charouz, Tomas Enge, and Stefan Mücke, who raced the Charouz car last year will renew their relationship with the team along with Darren Turner who was part of the winning DBR9 GT1 crew in 2007 and 2008. Harold Primat joins the team for the first time in 2009 with the remaining driver to be announced imminently.

To focus maximum energy on the LMP1 programme, the Works team will not defend its GT1 title at Le Mans. However, Aston Martin Racing will support any of its official partner teams and customers competing at the race.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Aston Martin LMP1
Date: January 27, 2009 02:00PM
And on a related topic, The Acura ARX-02a LMP1 (ALMS only). One hell of an inventive aerodynamic package this one has.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 27, 2009 02:44PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Man, I have to say it, I think that Acura is gorgeous.
Date: January 27, 2009 03:01PM
Posted by: chet
Easily one of the best looking racecars ive ever seen!

Alot of interesting details on that car, but was to be expected, the LMP2 car was also pretty innovative.

first thing that hits you is how short the front fenders look!

The rear wing mounts on the high pressure side are quite nicely done and almost something you would have thought could have been done well before. If mounted on the lower surface and in yaw there can some quite substantial flow seperation.

Also, the new rear wing width on the Aston really does suit the closed top cars. hopefully will look a little better than the initial concept renderind shown though!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2009 04:26PM
The old car was just a Courage LC75 with a couple of new bits tacked on. This ones actually an Acura.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 27, 2009 05:26PM
Quite a heavily modified LC75 though.

I think from the begining did they not want to enter LMP1, and simply used the LC75 to learns the in's and out's?

Date: January 27, 2009 05:53PM
Wasn't as modified as they made people think. Chassis was essentially the same with some new bodywork bolted on. They threw the engine into the back of Lolas before that too.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 27, 2009 05:57PM
They did side by side testing with the lola didnt they...

You can visually see alot of the cooling architecture remained the same as the Courage but still to say the main changes was simply the engine (drivetrain remained the same as courage didnt it?) the bodywork changed quite abit too imo.

Date: January 28, 2009 04:25AM
Posted by: sasjag
i'm masturbating furiously as we speak

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 28, 2009 11:08AM
Posted by: montoya6k
Oh men those LMP1 are great,hope thye can put it all in gt5 anyways,i still prefer pescarolo huhuhu

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy