F2

Posted by red 5 
F2
Date: September 16, 2008 04:31PM
Posted by: red 5
...I am deleting all my posts. This forum does not deserve my presence here. I am disgusted at some members behaviour and all protection they get. just because they came here before me. BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 06:20PM by red 5.
Re: F2
Date: September 16, 2008 06:46PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I wouldn't be surprised to see the boost at around 1 bar TBH. 2.5bar with pop-off valves 1.5L turbo engines in 1988 produced around and upwards of 750bhp. Same engines with today's tech and development would probably do 850-900bhp, probably more.

That said, GP2 uses 4L V8s that are undoubtedly restricted in rev range and designed to be ultimately reliable. F2 could yet use 2-bar or more boost, and we know Audi's engines can go several thousand miles without breaking. ;) It does give them the option of (with good software) push-to-pass, like ChampCar.

I hope the cars they're producing are not only safely modern, but simplistic (i.e NO WINGLETS ETC), like the 90s F1 cars. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 06:46PM by turkey_machine.
Date: September 16, 2008 09:33PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Oh joy, its Formula Palmer Audi rebadged as F2... It better be more interesting than FPA ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 16, 2008 11:42PM
Posted by: chet
Cars are made by Williams arnt they?

Thats good news, hopefully a little more income for them then :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 17, 2008 08:28AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
FPA. Supporting WTCC. Super licence for the winner. This sounds like bad news.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 17, 2008 01:25PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Supporting WTCC?! Oh dear, what a way to diminish the world audience. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 17, 2008 04:47PM
Well there is nothing else it can support. Bernie sure as hell isn't going to let it onto the F1 support list.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 18, 2008 07:44PM
Posted by: J i m
I think the notion that it's going to replace GP2 as a main feeder to F1 is quite laughable at this stage as well.
Date: September 18, 2008 08:05PM
It isn't laughable as that is exactly what it is meant to be doing. The winner gets a super license remember.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 18, 2008 08:08PM
Posted by: IWE
Not laughable as reason why it is beeing created for.. ;)

I hope Bernie takes and upgrades GP2 to something wich is able to compete against F1.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 18, 2008 08:21PM
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not laughable as reason why it is beeing created
> for.. ;)
>
> I hope Bernie takes and upgrades GP2 to something
> wich is able to compete against F1.

Won't happen since Bernie owns the commercial rights to F1. And competition isn't always a good thing - see CART v IRL.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 18, 2008 09:00PM
Posted by: IWE
Also true.. So I will just hope F1 have big deep fall because of Mosleys craziness and then there wouldnt be any competition. :P

This F2 already sounds like Mosleys fantasies about F1 in the future..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 07, 2008 05:00AM
Posted by: Bruninho
The F2...

and calendar..

Date: October 07, 2008 10:15PM
Posted by: Red Sam
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It isn't laughable as that is exactly what it is
> meant to be doing. The winner gets a super license
> remember.

Not sure how valuable that is as a prize - what, probably a test in a Williams, and a superlicence? I could always wipe my arse with a superlicence if noone thinks I'm good...

Ultimately, a good young driver can always be picked up by a team (eg Raikkonen or Hamilton or, by contrast, Ide) and not have to worry about the licence - they will get one if they are good!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy