David Leslie, Richard Lloyd die in plane crash

Posted by danny87 
David Leslie, Richard Lloyd die in plane crash
Date: March 30, 2008 11:19PM
Posted by: danny87
Gutted, RIP

From Sky News website:

Two of the victims of a private jet crash that destroyed a home in Kent have been named as David Leslie and Richard Lloyd.
Both men were well-known in the world of motorsport.
They were killed when the small plane they were travelling in sent a mayday call before nose-diving into two homes.

Firefighters cover the debris"There was a massive hole in the roof of the house, you can see where it went through," said Karl Mills, who saw the incident.

The private Cessna Citation 501 aircraft hit Broadwater Gardens, a residential area in Farnborough, entirely destroying one house.

Jim Bascran of the London Fire Brigade said "No survivors were found but I can confirm that there were no people found in the houses."

Metropolitan Police spokesman Bob Broadhurst said work would begin on Monday to remove the dead bodies and added that no more could be said until the next of kin had been contacted.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Re: David Leslie, Richard Lloyd die in plane crash
Date: March 30, 2008 11:45PM
Posted by: brunoboi
I really can't believe this - Firstly the crash is only about a mile awa from my house but more shockingly that David Leslie may have been involved, it will be a great loss to touring cars.

just opened this up and the news came on, they've just announced that one of the passengers was david leslie. massive loss to the motorsport world... RIP.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: March 31, 2008 07:49AM
Posted by: Peat
RIP

Amazing more people weren't killed.

Bummer, wondered who they were on about with ITV news, missed the name but said that he was a former Touring Car driver, and F3 driver. :(

RIP.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 31, 2008 12:36PM
Posted by: jbnd05
RIP.
He died before his time. I remember him in BTCC. What a great driver.

:( Gutted, RIP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 31, 2008 10:22PM

Classic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 10:25PM by Peat.
Date: April 01, 2008 01:27AM
Posted by: Racer#73
The late 1990's. The best years in BTCC history.

RIP.

It's a sad day to the world of motorsports.
Date: April 01, 2008 02:00AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Nissan and racing legend. A great loss to the world of motorsport

Date: April 01, 2008 11:34PM
Posted by: tripleM
RIP David, Richard and all the other poor souls

Date: April 01, 2008 11:50PM
Posted by: b-tone
Date: April 02, 2008 08:11AM
Found out last night that the one of the other people onboard was my freinds' dissertation partner last year (Motorsport Engineering, Coventry Uni).

A very sad time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy