BTCC Brands Hatch

Posted by Ianwoollam 
BTCC Brands Hatch
Date: March 30, 2008 06:22PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Just finished watching this afternoon's BTCC action, quite shocked as it was great :-o First 2 races wern't bad, Giovanardi did well in both :) But the third race bloody hell! Fantastic racing by alot of people, except Plato who was upto his usual tricks of taking out Onslow-Cole. Chilton was on a good mission, Matt Neal pulling off a great sudden move to get past Jordan, but the battle between Matt Jackson and Colin Turkington was really something else! Really close all race and the final corner manover, really thought Jackson had him round the outside! Just needed a few more inches of road in the end. These RWD BMW's are great fun to watch :)

Credit to ITV too finally making use of their other channels, now showing the whole day of BTCC action on ITV4 like Sentanta does which is great :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2008 06:23PM by Ianwoollam.
Re: BTCC Brands Hatch
Date: March 30, 2008 06:33PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I only heard about this 30 minutes ago, to catch BTCC round 3 with only about 10 laps to go! Great battle at the end. Do you know if ITV will show that many different races every week now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 30, 2008 06:39PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I only heard about this 30 minutes ago, to catch
> BTCC round 3 with only about 10 laps to go! Great
> battle at the end. Do you know if ITV will show
> that many different races every week now?

Seems that all races except Snetterton and Oulton Park will be shown like that :) Check here - [www.btcc.net]

Now they've finally able to show ITV4 before 7pm, they are probably struggling to find enough rubbish repeats to put on 3 channels, so thought that BTCC would be a good day filler :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: March 30, 2008 07:53PM
Posted by: Fincent
Nice one ITV :) 3 BTCC races, Clio Cup, British F3 and Porsche series all in 5 hours! I think I'll be tuning into ITV4 on Sunday on a more regular basis. I know it's not as big a scale as F1 or other motorsports but the coverage they provide is really great, and the races arent too bad either ;)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: March 30, 2008 09:04PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Just got back! What a wicked day! Unfortunately my main man Chilton got knocked back to nineth from 5th by Matt Neil in R1 and then knocked out completely by Turkington in R2 but he fought back brilliantly in the final race so I'm dead chuffed. One of the best BTCC meets I've been to and now I get to watch it all again! Cheers ITV.

Anyone else think those BMWs looked unstoppable? Jackson I think is a real title contendor if not the early favorite

Date: March 30, 2008 09:20PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I thought it was great. I haven't watched BTCC for years, and I wasn't disappointed. I agree- the BMWs look good for this year. However, they need to work on their wet weather pace.

Date: March 30, 2008 10:03PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
race 3 was bloody brilliant! watched the whole afternoon at my mates flat, was class! COME ON MAT JACKSON!!! (and chilton!)

formula renaults take the piss!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: April 03, 2008 09:48AM
Posted by: Glyn
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Giovanardi did well in both :)

Giovanardi's move on Matt Jackson in the first race was something special I thought. He was well beyond the limit there and they didn't make contact. The BTCC seems to be getting better and better each year recently. Hopefully the other drivers will follow suit and loose the 'tap and pass' attitude too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy