Does a driver have to die at Turn 8 in Adelaide?

Posted by casabonka 
Re: Does a driver have to die at Turn 8 in Adelaide?
Date: February 26, 2008 12:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
the f1 circuit has been rumoured for a few years now, so not sure if it will happen. there's also meant to be some development around the main straight area

X (@ed24f1)
hey guys,

horrible bout cooper.. very dangerous corner, esp the fact that people coming around after a crash have no idea theres been one, totally blind corner.

i live in adelaide, the old track was safer, it was possible to put the wall back and put in tires...
but the new circut is not so accomodating, there is are buildings all along that road, i think most of them are offices, which obviously can't be blocked by the track, there isnt much room if any to move the barrier.

i heard recently that they where changing to the old circut, its much more annoying tho, it takes alot of streets which people in the east use to get into the city.

pete.
Date: February 28, 2008 03:31PM
Posted by: mcdo
I'm not sure if they're correct, but last Sunday's V8 Supercar coverage reported that Ashley's car had clipped the armco barrier on the inside of turn 8, which sent his car toward the outside barrier with minimal chance of correction, hence the awful impact.

IIRC, drivers were complaining about the height of the inside barrier prior to last year's race and had it reduced so they could have a better view of what was happening ahead, but what difference at that speed if you hit the inside and head toward concrete?

RIP Ashley Cooper. Race In Peace.
yeah the barrier on the inside was def much smaller this year, but that wouldnt make any difference if it is clipped on the way tho... there have been a fair few crashes like coopers in the past few years (cars hitting the inside), the wall on the outside is DOUBLE concrete slab, like 4 tones or something stupid, no give. i just think, whist exciting, it is a terrible corner.
Date: February 28, 2008 09:33PM
Posted by: Peat
RIP

very sad to read this

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy